Trinet Internet Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
John Carley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Luv the work and the people. Great for growth."

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

Meaningful work. Great staff, almost half of the people have been here over 10 years. A couple of my coworkers started here full time in advanced roles, but a few others started as interns first and then worked their way up. One guy even has been here almost as long as me 5+ years and he started as an intern. Other pros, they are a work hard, then take breaks for friends/family on weekends. Awesome variety of clients. I liked the monthly team building meeting they have, where the entire company gets together and shows the work off in each department.

Cons

Not a good job for a non multitasker. Some people like a single client focus and have had trouble here. You really have to pop between clients.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me a chance. Keep looking for the more seasons superstars, but also the upcoming diamonds that may have basic experience now and give them a chance. Not all might appreciate it, but the right ones will do great !

"Marketing Manager"

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

Chance to contribute to the work

Cons

Starting wage for college grads with experience is $1 over minimum wage. Insulting. Other reviews are true about "praying" for their Christian clients and cutting them when they are unable to pay exorbitant fees. No medical benefits, no salary reviews for 1 year and then just $.25/hour. They use interns a lot for free labor. CHEAP

Advice to Management

Learn to value, respect your employees by paying them industry standard wages and you will see you income and client base grow. All the turnover in staff and interns is affecting your company's growth and earnings. When you pay decent wages you will attract and maintain talented staff. Financially the company has peaked and is now going down hill due to this.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

The pros are you'll meet great people below management.

Cons

Management is one giant mess. They hire interns to work for free for 6 months and then once you're qualified or evaluated, you then start getting paid. They charge hundreds of dollars to clients for changing a simple line of text on a web page. SIMPLE LINE OF TEXT = $100-$300!!! Are you kidding me? This company isn't "Christian". If they were truly Christian, they would be a non-profit company. They are thieves and steal money from their clients. If a project took 1 hour to complete, the sales executive (aka COO) will tell the team to bill the client for 4 hours. This is a disgusting work environment that is based on stealing and lying. The reason the COO does this is because they get a fat commission on every sale and there's a reason why their prices are inflated. They just want money! That's all they care about.

"As Olive Garden says, "When you're here, you're family!""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Trinet for a few years now. I love who our clients are, and I love the people that I work with.
    Our clients vary from corporations, non-profits, and ministries. All of Trinet's clients make and do such amazing things. This increases my joy just knowing that Trinet makes it better for them. I love that Trinet increases their ROI and creates beautiful web designs.
    The team is like family to me. We work hard at our jobs, and work hard for our clients. We honestly enjoy one another's company on our off time and it shows when we all participate in our team activities and go out to eat together. We also enjoy a good potluck every once in a while...Who wouldn't enjoy that?

Overall, this place is great. Trinet's clients and employees make it the best office to work in."When you're here, you're family!"

Cons

The place is great to work at, but the pay is definitely not the highest. Work here for a couple years though, AND work hard, and they'll definitely recognize it.

"Get in, get experience, get out"

Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Web Designer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Web Designer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

In the satellite office there was little oversight and we were mainly left to our own devices. As long as we got our work done, we could do whatever we wanted.

Cons

Because we were on the opposite coast we were often forgotten about and were often an after-thought. The place was a revolving door for entry level positions, it was rare to see someone stay there longer than a year. I was originally brought on as an hourly worker with the promise that I would be promoted to salary with health benefits and paid PTO by my year review. I was being paid very little and could not support myself on that salary in the DC area. They offered me a $0.25 raise at my yearly review and didn't understand why I wanted benefits and PTO. I found a new job that paid almost double within two months.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they are worth. And look at the average cost of where your employers are living, not just where you're based out of.

"Project Manager"

Pros

Employees were nice and very helpful

Cons

Mediocre salary, excessive employee churn, good people don't stay long.

7. "2nd Happiest Place on Earth"

I have been working at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time

Pros

The friendliest and hardest working people work here. Coworkers take the time to get to know you and invest in you, so that you can grow in your skills. There are employees who have been there for over 10 years and are still loving it. Management works just as hard and will take the time to listen to you if problems ever did come up. There is open communication in human resources. There is never a dull moment in the office and there's ALWAYS something to do. It's definitely a place where innovation is the rule, not the exception.

Cons

They offer coffee but it's not the best coffee you'll get.

"They gave me a good job as a web developer, working in a great atmosphere, with wonderful people."

Former Employee - Web Developer in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Temecula, CA

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Comfortable atmosphere, yet professional and focused
    2) To quote one of my former co-workers, "Even if I didn't work with these people, I'd still hang out with them".
    3) They try to be innovative, and forward thinking in their selection of projects, and their approach to them.
    4) They offered a fair amount of time off for an entry level position (2 weeks/ year), which accumulates evenly throughout the day for each day you work.
    5) The management, especially the tech lead was very helpful, especially in explaining the reasons for different technology, and development decisions. They seem to really look out for the whole team.

6) A design pattern snob like myself can learn a lot at this company, and I did learn a lot. One of the driving principles that they seem to operate on is the "Principle of diminishing returns" which is one that I failed to apply almost constantly, or until it was too late before working for this company.

Cons

1) In my personal opinion, it's a long term bad decision for any client to pay for a website that isn't mobile friendly (especially when they're paying a premium). I found that most of the sites being built by Trinet were not mobile friendly, and I think that's bad for their clients in the long term.

a. This is a con for me, because I like to know that I'm giving the end user the best they could receive. That being said, they had some good short term business reasons for not building every website "mobile first".
         b. This is also a con for me, because as a web developer, it it in my best interest to work on the latest and best technologies and platforms. I think the web industry is at a place where if a business (client) is not having something built for mobile technologies, they shouldn't be spending their money to have it built. I say that specifically with reference to companies having a website or web application built.

2) The long term maintainability and extensibility of the code written for each of their projects seemed to be a low priority. Just like number 1, this is a con for the client and the developer. Low priority for the long term maintainability and extensibility of the code, means that you rarely have opportunity to practice Test Driven Development, Object Oriented Programming principles (in the Gang of Four sense), or Inversion of Control patterns. In principle, this means that maintenance takes longer and costs more long term. It also means that as a developer, if you spend a long time with this company and seek another development position elsewhere, you may find that the skills that other companies are looking for, are not in your repertoire.

Advice to Management

I don't know how you would implement this, but if it were possible to put software design principles into practice more, for the benefit of your developers, and their professional growth, I would recommend that. In principle, when the principles mentioned in my cons list are practiced for long term benefit, while taking into consideration the principle of diminishing returns, your clients will benefit in the long term because overall maintenance and update costs should be lower. Of course, before theses benefits could be experienced, your development team would have to go through a growth period wherein they would have to get used to implementing these principles.

That being said, keep up the good work, I admire your dedication to all of your core values, and I think you've got a good set of core values. You're clearly doing very well, and I can't argue with your undeniable success.

Trinet Internet Solutions Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Dir. of Tech. & Web Dev.

Thank you for the positive feedback and taking the time to put a lot of thought into your review. We work very hard to hire quality people and provide an environment where people enjoy working and... More

"If you're inexperienced, get what you need and get out asap. If experienced, avoid at all costs!"

I worked at Trinet Internet Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-The people (sans upper management). You will meet alot of talented and genuinely good people here. They were pretty much the sole reason I came out of this place with my sanity intact.
    -A good stepping stone if you're inexperienced. You will definitely gain some valuable experience, albeit at the cost of your well being.
    -Lots of good places to eat around the area.

Cons

Oh boy, where to begin.

-Lower than average compensation. Pay range is way below industry standards.

-Ridiculously high turnover. People disappear faster than a fart in the wind. I must have seen at least 30+ people leave in the first year alone. Simply put, there is no stability here. The average worker will last about 6 months to 1 year. Any longer than that is considered a miracle.

-No growth opportunities. Most people use this place as a stepping stone and move on to better opportunities once they realize they've been played by upper management who made empty promises of potential growth.

-Prepare to be micromanaged. Trinet really likes to put timer on everything you do on a daily basis, including your breaks to lunch. It wouldn't surprise me if they made you time how long it took you to use the restroom.

-Dishonest management. HR asked me to write a positive review of them on glassdoor in front of them. I politely declined. Please do not be fooled by the overly positive reviews. They were likely written by upper mgmt or by employees who were pressured into doing so. The company has realized that these bad reviews are hurting them when looking for good candidates who are willing to take low pay, which is their key to sustaining their current business model. They put up a good front during the interview and do a good job selling themselves. Do not be swayed by their lies.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and provide fair compensation. Actually listen to what they have to say and apply it. Stop taking shortcuts and letting good people go just to save a few extra dollars. Stop making empty promises when you know you won't follow through. Actually live up to your company values instead of having trivial, unproductive, and self-serving company meetings that serve only to stroke your own egos. Stop lying to yourselves and realize that this company is marred by so many unethical and bush league practices.

"Terrible-you will regret working here!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

Some of the people... That it is near the spectrum. Made some friends here .

Cons

It was such a bad experience I done even include it on my resume. Seriously it's not worth it. They will pull you in during the interview process but it's all downhill from there. No one I know works there anymore, which is 10 people in under 8 months.