UCWeb Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Yu Yongfu
  1. "company culture"

I worked at UCWeb full-time

Pros

I loved the UC web company culture, this was a very professional team. It was a good experience for me when I worked for UC.

Cons

I can't find any downside in UC, I loved working for UC.

2. "Typical Chinese Company - No scope to grow"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at UCWeb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Have a lot of money to spend in India New initiatives are implemented quickly Office parties are great

Cons

No scope to grow in the company as your boss will always be a Chinese person Nobody appreciates the hard work No recognition without shouting

Advice to Management

Treat all the departments equally Treat all employees equally

"Join only if you want to Dumb down in Life and spoil your career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at UCWeb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Absolutely Nothing at all !!! I mean it when I say it. I have a lot of experience in the industry and know what I am talking about. You can just watch netflix all day in Office like some old employees do since they have learnt the art of Fooling the Chinese. Otherwise...........

Cons

1. Chinese are stupid, with no business sense. you will pull off your hair when you try talking to them. No communication skills at all. 2. They think Indians are useless, 3. They do not understand Logic. 4. It is impossible to show any efforts when you have some really really cunning Indians around in the team (talking about the ones who have stayed there for more than three years) 5. They lie about your...

Advice to Management

Absolutely nothing at all since I know you guys are capable of of nothing at all. My prediction is that UC will shut down by end of 2020 in India. There is no room for a fraud product in the market and soon your fake users will also realise.

"No long term vision"

Former Employee - Business Development in Mumbai

I worked at UCWeb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good perks Timely incremental and bonuses

Cons

1. The company works on short term plans with products which have worked in china 2. Clear differentiation between indian and chinese counterparts 3. Indian being second biggest market for them, they don't have a single indian working in headquarters or at senior level 4. Very imbalanced team structures, the top management is often takes decision without even consulting the team. 5. Crawling of content, which is bad...

Advice to Management

Start treating India like top market and value your core team, don't pit them against freshers hired. Second, don't share fake data with people around, lot of joinees know where you stand.

5. "Russian, Marketing managers"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Guangzhou, Guangdong

I have been working at UCWeb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good and fast developing company, really lovely and great international team

Cons

All the problems with normal for the big companies

6. "Consultant"

• Overall

I have been working at UCWeb

Pros

Good work life balance. Consultants have good impact on the product.

Cons

Chinese managers needs to be replaced by global managers for international growth and outreach

7. "International Product Support"

Former Employee - International Product Support in Guanzhou, Guangdong

I worked at UCWeb part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

International company with a great working culture! I worked in the international department and they really cared about employees.

Cons

Sometimes, bussiness processes are not clear. It needs to time to understand them. There are limits in the career opportunities for international employee.

Advice to Management

Get feedback and show work results to employees. Sometimes output results of your work is not delivered to youself and it makes youself confussed.

8. "Great company for fresh graduates"

I worked at UCWeb full-time

Pros

- Some nice employee benefits for foreigners - Friendly work environment - Many opportunities to learn as a fresher

Cons

- Poor team and task management which causes low retention rate among employees. One person can shift different positions within a year. - Tall hierarchical structure which means everything needs a lot of time to be done. - Lack of promotional opportunities

Advice to Management

Be more organized, adjust structure so that work processes can be done faster

"Pathetic Company culture, no direction and lack of vision for few top leaders"

Current Employee - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at UCWeb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Work life balance could be good as there is not too much pressure to work. Other than than nothing at all.

Cons

You get stuck in the company and chinese influence. Always preference is given to Chinese employees over other countries. You can never dream of being in the top management here as its very biased towards Indians. HR is a joke here and always passes on the buck to others for work to be done by them. Typical culture is to be just present in office from 9-6 and go home. no opportunities to experiment and try new things....

Advice to Management

Be open about giving opportunities to other nationalities as well. Try spending more on team work, and hiring better qualified people to lead. Be transparent in your dealings and open about future plans.

"Lots of Money and very unorganized"

I worked at UCWeb full-time

Pros

- Great company culture based in learning and development, - Good benefits as an example 4 meals each day; - Nice workshops and activities.

Cons

- Very unorganized, messy tasks and bad team management; - Low salary not compatible with the market; - 12 hours worktime, justified as internal company policy; - The salary payment is always wrong; - No chances of build a career, opportunities are not given.

Advice to Management

Develop UC as an international company. Build more organization.

Found 12 reviews