UEC Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rebecca Ufkes

1. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at UEC Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

UEC is a great company! It goes beyond and looks past the word employee but instead uses the word family. We work at competitive wages,benefit and given the opportunity to grow and are provided with relief from the work scene by being provided with etc touches such as, company functions (picnics,Christmas parties, employee of the month, opportunities to help others in need through their charity program) just small touches that give a warm and welcoming environment. I would like to commend HR and management for stepping up to the plate in these areas as well.

Cons

None in my opinion, I am blessed to working for them.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work by providing resources through HR and other supporting departments.

2. "I would never work here again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at UEC Electronics (Less than a year)

Pros

They hired me and gave me an opportunity. Fellow co-workers were helpful.

Cons

Lack of training and structure of this organization.

Advice to Management

Training helps develop better employees

3. "Very meh."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Hanahan, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Hanahan, SC

I worked at UEC Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people. The small company vibe it has.

Cons

The place is extremely cliquey and if you don't reside in a cliques or recognize the cliques' political dominance, prepare to suffer. They also have several safety issues that weren't being fully addressed while I was working there. They have very little infrastructure to run programs the way they should be; one simply doesn't engineer the world with Excel.

Advice to Management

Break the cliques and look openly and honestly at HR and the job they do and don't do. You may or may not see it but folks are walking on eggshells.

"Overall ok company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at UEC Electronics (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart employees, CEO is active and communicates

Cons

HR department watches you like they don't trust you.

"Take Caution"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician I in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician I in Summerville, SC

I worked at UEC Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started it was a fun place to work. No dress code other than a smock, and very laid back. The people you work with on a daily basis are friendly and helpful.

Cons

The executive management changes just about every year. Depending on which supervisor you work for you will either have a positive experience or negative. Advancement is small if at all. HR claims to be all about the workers but in reality only care about management and contradict themselves constantly.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and listen to people when they have an idea.

"Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Charleston, SC

I worked at UEC Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent production floor working environment. The teamwork attitude is unsurpassed, outside the military.

Cons

Lack of planning leads to shortages of production material which causes unreachable deadlines

Advice to Management

Ask the people building the products for suggestion prior to starting.

"Some growing pains, but an overall good company"

I have been working at UEC Electronics full-time

Pros

I have worked at bad companies and this is not one. It is not perfect but there is plenty of opportunity for ambitious people to achieve success and be recognized for good work at UEC. The people who work here are generally friendly and good at what they do.

Cons

Material shortages due to (I presume) an obsession with staying "lean". Work often stops because kits are typically only issued just enough material to cover the job. This leaves almost no room for error which is unrealistic. Admittedly, production employees could do better to aid with inventory control but most don't go above and beyond just for improvement's sake.

Advice to Management

Find a way to motivate employees to personally invest in their work. A sense of ownership and less cynicism at the bottom levels goes a long way to improving the quality of our products and our work experience. Good people attract good people and build a culture that yields satisfaction at every step of the product life cycle.

"Management has no real leadership, and creates a hostile environment"

Former Employee - Supervision in Hanahan, SC
    Former Employee - Supervision in Hanahan, SC

I worked at UEC Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good niche company, with potential for numerous areas of growth and expansion. Good location, and well networked in the area.

Cons

Management lacks integrity, the business models changes daily. The executive team are a very closed group who belittle anyone who offers differing views, this includes customers and vendors.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to operate like a billion dollar per year business, the overhead burdens will continue to drain the business. Identify the business models and set up independent groups to run them efficiently. Get quality under control, and use standardized work processes.

"If you love re-work and terrible leadership, this is the place to be."

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hanahan, SC
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hanahan, SC

I worked at UEC Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not many pros about this company, I guess the only good thing about this company is the people you work with.

Cons

Management and HR are terrible. Management and supervisors are all about the "buddy" system. Their buddies that work with them can never do no wrong, even if they are third rate technicians. This company believes in re-work, I mean every project has to be re-worked multiple times, which anyone with commen sense will tell you that's how you lose contracts, but they believe this is job security. Also if you have to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water expect dirty looks and complaining, they do not like you leaving your station.

Advice to Management

It might be time for you to change leadership and get rid of your dead weight which means lousy technicians have to go, if you keep them they are just gonna cost you more money.

"Extremely Nice, Fake, Lots of Smoak and Mirrors, Lowball Salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanahan, SC

I have been working at UEC Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just about everyone is extremely nice, personal and easy to approach. They try to make everyone believe they are a great place to work. If you want a place to work that pays ok with marginal benefits, then this is the place so long as you do your job and keep your head down. Everyone except the management team is very friendly and welcomes you.

Cons

Human resources put on a huge front of being there for the employees but they truly only support their management staff. They make promises of promotions and raises that will never come. If promoted, there is no more money. They Require all office job personnel to be salary with mandatory overtime that you never get paid for. They directly contradict their employee handbook. There is a ton of sexual harassment and it’s a very hostile work environment from management and Human Resourses.

Advice to Management

This is to the executive team. Be more aware of what is going on in the work place. Listen to the employees and take their advice and dont only side with your management team because its them who are gaing to drive your reputation in the ground or even worse, get UEC sued.