Upp Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Oakbrook Terrace"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am the Systems Administrator and have a great Manager who allows me to do my job. Minimal management meaning no micro-management which is great. I was hired to do a job and I'm allowed to do that. The owners of this company Scott and Debbie Upp create an atmosphere where you want to succeed and come to work. It's truly the best position I have ever held.

Cons

Sorry I don't have any :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Biller in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Biller in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

The office is beautiful and you have a beautiful view from the 19th floor

Cons

Training and management sucks!!! They hire people under false pretenses and will let you go within the blink of an eye without even seeing it coming

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the demand before jeopardizing potential employees financial circumstances. Make sure you need the people you hire.

"Entrepreneurial Setting"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

After being directed to a set of tasks, I was given a lot of autonomy on how I wanted to complete them. This job requires self-motivation and efficacy, without it you will probably fail. It is a great culture to be around, with hard work and dedication being continuously recognized by upper management. The employees are some of the most intelligent and dedicated individuals I have ever met. I am compensated more than fairly.

Cons

Lack of direction may pose to be a problem for some individuals with out the efficacy to problem solve.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to make the working environment competitive and lively. Software gets boring, but the office doesn't have too.

"A good company gone bad"

Former Employee - Contract, $5 00 Per Paycheck in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contract, $5 00 Per Paycheck in Washington, DC

Pros

Some of the employees/contractors are great to work with!!!

Cons

CEO/COO; When a couple of years ago a check of 1 million dollars for landscaping bounced because of the former CFO did bot transfer to there personal account should tell you something. They lease for there family everything under the sun under the company. When you are withdrawing $46500 a month from both sides of the company as a salary at the same time eliminating true working roles there is a deep concern. So what if you lease Escalades for your managing partners, you still have not paid out there bonus' 4th quarter or year end! Stay away from this company! FYI do not be surprise if they come come back with 2 or 3 5 star because they need it since they are on the market for sale!

Advice to Management

Scott Jr should have been the new CEO and owner because of how hard he traveled and developed most of the clients you have today!

"---BEWARE--- Didn't want to share, but notice it is all 1 or 5 star ratings. The 5 star ratings are all FAKE!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Upp Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a very nice office and there are good people in the company, but... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANY FRIEND TO WORK HERE OR ANY COMPANY TO USE THEIR SERVICES/SOLUTIONS

Cons

- 70+ year old CEO of a tech company who cannot even type
    - Micromanaged by Presidents, because CEO rides them and they have no idea how to actually manage
    - Sexual harassment
    - Negativity is every conversation
    - Kitchen talk is always focused on "how are we still in business"
    - Lawsuits with probably 50% of customers
    - CEO is getting desperate. He sets goals based on what the business needs, but are wildly unacheivable.

Advice to Management

To CEO - cut your losses. You are providing a disservice to your employees and your customers.

Other Managers - Find a new job. The grass is dead, wherever you go the grass will be greener.

"Upp Technology"

Former Employee - Controller in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Controller in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

The organization is filled with great people who make work enjoyable! Individually owned and operated. The company is always making strides to improve themselves and what they can do for their clients.

Cons

Located in a very busy place in Downers Grove making the drive a challenge at times. Need to add a little extra travel time to get to the office depending up on the traffic flow coming off of Highland Avenue to 31st.

Advice to Management

Provide working from home one or two days a week.

"One of the worst companies I have worked for"

Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Upp Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The two offices were nice. I wish I had more pros to list. There were a few people that were nice meeting.

Cons

Upp Technology is spiralling downward at a rapid rate. Their business strategy is outdated. I agree with one of the other reviews, for a technology company they don't utilize technology. Their number one sales technique is still cold calling for heaven's sake! Time to work smart and not hard! As for the management, they do not respect their employees or their clients. Their presidents also sexually prey on the recent addition of young, female employees. Many of these young women refused to speak up due to the lack of confidentiality and acceptance of any sort of complaint against the CEOs executives. It's unfortunate that the owners can't see that their "presidents" are one of the main reasons the company is losing business and great employees.

The company is top heavy with no middle management. A chain of command would be of great help to the CEO since his presidents cannot be trusted. The Upps are good people but they are being deceived by the people they have placed at the top of their company.

Rather than inspire, respect and be a part of their teams, these leaders have their employees feeling fearful instead of empowered. They will continue to lie to the owners in efforts to hide their own shortcomings by blaming their employees and other divisions. Teamwork and trust are two things that you won't find there.

It's a hostile working environment all around. These presidents are destroying this company's reputation. I wish I had known how disorganized and hostile it was before working there. I should've known based on the high turnover rates and unhappy employees. And those batch of fake positive reviews below are clearly in response to the honest and real reviews they received.

Advice to Management

Rethink your current presidents, build a middle management and put more responsibility into the hands of your staff. Try asking your clients about them. They will praise your staff and not your leadership. Good luck to the decent few I left behind. There are a couple of people still there whose talents are under utilized. I myself couldn't be apart of a company like that or be subjected to that abuse any longer.

8. "A multi-faceted corporation with a good mix of proficiency and delight"

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuous training with people around you who only thrive for your success is a definite plus. Being empowered with responsibilities at the same time with full assistance and support is one trait of this company that one would only long for all companies to have. Diversity is also well respected and welcome. This is a mentoring company (they would teach you till you reach your full potential and maturity to the extent that you can pay it forward to your other colleagues.)
    I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm excited to be with company and looking forward to staying with them for quite some time.

Cons

9. "A multi-faceted corporation with a good mix of proficiency and delight"

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being empowered with responsibilities at the same time with full assistance and support is one trait of this company that one would only long for all companies to have. Diversity is also well respected and welcome. This is a mentoring company (they would teach you till you reach your full potential and maturity to the extent that you can pay it forward to your other colleagues.) Continuous training with people around you who only thrive for your success is a definite plus. I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm excited to be with the company and looking forward to staying with them for quite some time.

Cons

I have the pleasure of working with the Talent Acquisition team. Pressure is evitable but that is true to companies everywhere. With that said they would still provide you tools not just for your survival but rather your triumph.

10. "The best place to achieve a progressive career"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

UPP is a great company to work in as it offers a wide range of opportunities for talented individuals and has a strong and structured organization that claims its integrity and name. As an employee, this company has effectively nourished my skills and abilities as a recruiter.

Cons

I am currently working as a Technical Recruiter with Upp Technology under the National IT Talent Management department, and I have yet to see any big issues.