Upp Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Debra Upp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Gig"

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time

Pros

Flex working hours, and minimal micro-management

Cons

Lots of turnover, and fear of being let go on a whim

"One of the worst companies I have ever worked"

I worked at Upp Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have anything good to talk about

Cons

One of the worst companies, Don't join this firm

"Horrible Place To Work"

Former Employee - Biller in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Biller in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

The office is beautiful and you have a beautiful view from the 19th floor

Cons

Training and management sucks!!! They hire people under false pretenses and will let you go within the blink of an eye without even seeing it coming

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the demand before jeopardizing potential employees financial circumstances. Make sure you need the people you hire.

4. "Oakbrook Terrace"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator/IT Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am the Systems Administrator and have a great Manager who allows me to do my job. Minimal management meaning no micro-management which is great. I was hired to do a job and I'm allowed to do that. The owners of this company Scott and Debbie Upp create an atmosphere where you want to succeed and come to work. It's truly the best position I have ever held.

Cons

Sorry I don't have any :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Entrepreneurial Setting"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

After being directed to a set of tasks, I was given a lot of autonomy on how I wanted to complete them. This job requires self-motivation and efficacy, without it you will probably fail. It is a great culture to be around, with hard work and dedication being continuously recognized by upper management. The employees are some of the most intelligent and dedicated individuals I have ever met. I am compensated more than fairly.

Cons

Lack of direction may pose to be a problem for some individuals with out the efficacy to problem solve.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to make the working environment competitive and lively. Software gets boring, but the office doesn't have too.

"Endless Opportunities"

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time

Pros

Prior to working at Upp Technology, I worked at a large tech company. One of the best parts about working at Upp is the close-knit, family culture. No one is merely a number--everyone is a name, and with that comes responsibility and opportunity. The company is growing quickly and those that have the privilege of working at Upp are given a lot of opportunities that you wouldn't be granted at a large company. It is a hands-on environment, and you are rewarded well when you perform and deliver.

Cons

If you don't work hard, it will not go unnoticed. Everyone plays a vital role at Upp, and you are expected to do your share.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the endless opportunities and support. I am happy to be on board as the company continues to grow and prosper.

"A good company gone bad"

Former Employee - Contract, $5 00 Per Paycheck in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contract, $5 00 Per Paycheck in Washington, DC

Pros

Some of the employees/contractors are great to work with!!!

Cons

CEO/COO; When a couple of years ago a check of 1 million dollars for landscaping bounced because of the former CFO did bot transfer to there personal account should tell you something. They lease for there family everything under the sun under the company. When you are withdrawing $46500 a month from both sides of the company as a salary at the same time eliminating true working roles there is a deep concern. So what if you lease Escalades for your managing partners, you still have not paid out there bonus' 4th quarter or year end! Stay away from this company! FYI do not be surprise if they come come back with 2 or 3 5 star because they need it since they are on the market for sale!

Advice to Management

Scott Jr should have been the new CEO and owner because of how hard he traveled and developed most of the clients you have today!

"Hostile Working Environment"

I worked at Upp Technology full-time

Pros

A few good employees and great office location.

Cons

-Unorganized
    -Dishonest
    -Zero customer service
    -Unprofessional leadership
    -Unrealistic demands from owners and executive management
    -Inconsistent
    -Disrespectful to employees and clients
    -Chaotic and hostile working environment

Advice to Management

Treat employees and clients better or you won't see any improvement in your business.

"The company has invested in its people and products to continually provide value to its clients!"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great People! Upp spends a lot of time finding employees that match their core values. Consequently, the organization is filled with smart, entrepreneurial spirited people.
    - Upp has made huge investments in their software products over the last five years and now have solutions that are industry leading. Cloud solutions that are running at the enterprise level. All new integration layer of the IT stack allows solutions to connect securely, quickly and cost effectively. iOS mobile platform is intuitively easy to use and contemporary.
    - Upp has proven documented processes for developing software and implementing systems.

- Entrepreneurial work environment. Upp recently implemented the EOS system so all staff can contribute ideas and voice an opinion. Weekly meetings where anything and everything is encouraged to be discussed. Very effective communication tool to generate new ideas and complete tasks.
    - Work environment promotes trust and fairness. Hard charging but fun!
    - Upp is good about having optional corporate outings for all employees. Last Summer they had a VIP suite at the Chicago White Sox and in the Fall did a roof top at Wrigley! Really fun!
    - You control your own destiny. Smart hard driving employee's that bring value to the company and clients are recognized and highly compensated.
    - You will be around very smart people and in some of the best conversations of your career.
    - Good career advancement opportunities.

- Upp recognized the fact that some employee's did not want to commute from down town, so they opened a satellite office in the loop. Pretty nice.
    - A+ Corporate Headquarters with all the amenities (on site cafe, gym, post office, bank machine, 24x7 security)
    - Great benefits
    - Good work/life balance. Good about vacation time off.

Cons

- Self starters will thrive. If you need a lot of direction with a big corporation mind set, probably not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Thank you for investing in our people and products.

10. "Great company to work for."

Pros

Upp Technology gave me an opportunity to quickly move up through the ranks, simultaneously being well compensated. I was surrounded by smart people, an entrepreneurial environment, and the desire to succeed. I have had personal growth through the training and experience I have received, and have been supported by both upper management an ownership.

Cons

You have to be self-motivated. You are not always given clear-cut directions, so a sense of creativity and self efficacy is required.