VIP Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

VIP Communications Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2018

3.8
VIP Communications CEO Graham Milne (no image)
Graham Milne
  1. "Great Small Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Ashburn, VA

I worked at VIP Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and co-workers. A place to grow as a young professional

Cons

None I can think off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing by fostering and promoting young minds

VIP Communications2018-03-29
  2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at VIP Communications for less than a year

Pros

Great summer interning at VIP Communications! Was not treated as a college intern but a valued employee.

Cons

Lots of change going on within the company. Going to be good in the long run!

VIP Communications2015-08-17

"Run Forrest, Run!"

I worked at VIP Communications full-time

Pros

Excluding the owners, the employees are generally friendly and good at what they do. It's a shame that so many are complacent as they will be in for a rude shock when they are the next one on the chopping block.

Cons

The arrogance of the owners of the company is staggering. Don't get sucked in!

Advice to Management

If you are a manager you should really work hard to get out now before it is too late. VIP is a sinking ship.

VIP Communications2015-08-06

"Supervisor"

Supervisor in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at VIP Communications for less than a year

Pros

Great company, great HR, caring executives over the time the call center existed.

Cons

Alternatives to shutting down the call center might have been available if the drive some time ago was to make the call center a place to grow business rather than primarily to receive and service current customer base.

Advice to Management

I wish them well in their new direction

VIP Communications2015-04-15

"The company was always introducing new products so as to remain current."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ashburn, VA

I worked at VIP Communications full-time

Pros

The people in the call center were very friendly and the company offered company wide events per year.

Cons

Company does not have many perks

Advice to Management

All of management should be on the same level.

VIP Communications2015-04-03

"A small company that cares for its employees"

I worked at VIP Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small business atmosphere. If you enjoy being a 'big fish in a small pond' and want your ideas to be heard, then they give you the opportunity to do that here. CEO/Management is very nice, caring, and understanding with an open door policy. They do a good job of balancing company success with employee success. You can learn a lot by working here no matter the position. Good benefits. Company culture-wise the effort... is there (picnics, celebrations, atmosphere) and I believe it's a positive place to work.

Cons

The relationship between the 'admin' side and the call center can be improved. Also, for a company that puts so much emphasis on customer service, it's unfortunate that many CSRs don't really enjoy their jobs (It's no Zappos, lets put it that way). The industry they are in is ultra competitive and in decline, so that does put additional stress on everyone.

Advice to Management

You do a good job of listening to all employees, keep it up. If you're going to keep live customer service then I would try to emphasize it more both inside the office (make CSRs happier, perhaps less focus on metrics and more on happiness) and in your sales pitch. What if every CSR couldn't wait to come to work tomorrow and talk to your customers? Stay focused, and good luck to all.

VIP Communications2014-11-17

November 20, 2014HR Business Partner

Thank you for your thoughtful response and we wish you the best as well.

"VIP is a Great place to work"

I worked at VIP Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

VIP is a communications company made up of many different nationalities from all over the world and truly has a friendly atmosphere. This multi-cultural environment is ideal for servicing countries all over the world. I worked at VIP for over two years and was very happy with the way I was treated by everyone at VIP. I recently left VIP Communications to pursue other interest and experienced a great deal... of sadness leaving the people that I have worked so well with over the last several years. VIP Communications has a friendly workplace with fair pay and management truly takes an interest in the employees that work there VIP Communications has a very competitive benefits package . My new employer is a Fortune 500 company and has a very similar benefits package.

Cons

The biggest challenges working for VIP Communications is keeping up with the changes. VIP Communications is a company that offers long distance communications to its customers at an affordable price using cutting edge technology. By staying up to date with the changes in the industry it can be challenging. These challenges can also be very rewarding opportunities to grow as a person and employee.

Advice to Management

My only advice to Management is to continue to have as much interest in its employees as the customers they service.

VIP Communications2014-07-27

September 4, 2014HR Business Partner

We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at VIP. We wish you the best with your new job and please don't hesitate to contact us in the future if things change. You are correct in stating that keeping up with all the changes in technology and in our market is a challenge. Thankfully, we have a great team here at VIP and we all work hard together to keep up. Thanks for your kind words and please know that you are missed! Keep in touch!

"Overall Satisfied"

I have been working at VIP Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. People are friendly and nice, it certainly starts with the CEO. Company really invests in its employees and cares about their growth. It's a small company but has its own perks. You get to wear multiple hats within the same work profile and are not restricted to just one thing. Growth comes naturally as there are no restrictions and you are always learning. Leadership is supportive and... open-minded.

Cons

Timely feedback sessions can be more helpful.

VIP Communications2014-07-23

August 29, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for sharing your review. It's good to know that you are having a positive experience. I agree that timely feedback is important and we will look into how our process can be improved. We always want VIP Communications to be considered A Great Place to Work. Thanks again!

"Call Center is a nightmare in hell."

Customer Service II in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at VIP Communications for less than a year

Pros

If you are absolutely desperate for a job and as an end resort otherwise do not waste your time training because u will be fired within 6 to 9 months on average.

Cons

The company is in financial hardship and to make up for that they will find any reason to fire you. Turn over rate is extremely high people go thru training and are fired within 6 months. NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK AT ALL. IT'S THE WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED AT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Its extremely small and people are hired and fired literally on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

NO ADVICE THEY ARE DECEPTIVE SHADY AND THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT.

VIP Communications2014-07-18

September 3, 2014CEO

Thanks for your review. We're really sorry things didn't work out for you at VIP. Our goal is to have a happy and engaged team, and the average tenure of our employees reflects that at well over 3 years service. I am disappointed that we have left such a negative impression with you, and I sincerely wish you happiness and success in your future career

"Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ashburn, VA

I worked at VIP Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits package is excellent! You have the best pay. Call Center Director (Manager) really is involved with her employees. She really likes to take any ideas (if you have any) and put them to use. The CEO knows everyone by their first and last name, and he also likes to use ideas and apply it to the company, especially if it will be a benefit to the company. He really cares about his employees which reflects on how... he runs his business. HR is awesome! HR has an open door policy, but has zero tolerance for anything that is done against the Policies and Procedures of the company. Once HR notices something needs to be changed it is changed...the same day.

Cons

Management does offer feedback sessions which is good, but my feedbacks were never done when it was scheduled to be done. All feedbacks are done through live recordings, but it's almost as if my feedback are late on purpose. Then that would mean the recordings are not live which can be a little unfair. Some managers have the mindset "If you scratch my back, I scratch yours." Which can be unfair as well because it... creates tension between the employees and yourself. Management also needs keep all information between themselves; even when it involves a employee. It was shared in a Team Meeting that another employee was terminated because of what that employee did on a call with a customer. The employee ended up using vulgar language which resulted with management stepping in, but it was also shared with new employees (the actual call itself with the reps name). That was wrong on the Managers part for sharing that information. KEEP EMPLOYEE INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL! That employee is not here to defend his or herself! If it were up to me I would have only the Director of the call center run the call center.

Advice to Management

One of the benefits VIP Communications offers is money for those who are willing to broaden his or her education. My advice to the managers is to take that in to consideration, and search what has evolved within the Workplace Rights and Responsibilities, Department of Labor Laws and Business Code of Conduct: Ethics. The managers are great leaders, but there needs to be improvement.

VIP Communications2014-04-24

August 29, 2014HR Business Partner

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We are always looking for ways that we can improve and I will share your comments with the management team. We are pleased that you would recommend VIP as an employer and approve of what we are doing.

Found 16 reviews