Velocify Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Velocify President & CEO Nick Hedges
Nick Hedges

Pros
  • Great work environment, company events, stocked kitchen, friendly department staff, and competitive pay (in 9 reviews)

• Feels rewarding to be able to bring improvements that make a difference (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • We definitely need an on-boarding and training program for new hires (in 2 reviews)

• sales team lies to new clients, no education (in 2 reviews)

"Amazing Place to Work!"

I have been working at Velocify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love coming to work everyday. Top reasons why Velocify really differentiates itself include:

1) Transparency of the executive team.
    2) Our product really provides tremendous value to our customers and we all get a lot of fulfillment out of seeing our customers get success out of our product. We are the kings in our industry.
    3) Lots of opportunities around the company.
    4) Employees given a tremendous amount of autonomy to do their jobs (no micromanagement).
    5) We have amazing talented and smart people who aren't ***holes.

To me the sign of a great culture is when you look forward to work on a Sunday evening and when you are hesitant to go home on a Friday afternoon. That is Velocify :)

Cons

1) Because we're successful, we have some growing pains around org structure (easily fixable growth pains but certainly there are things we can do better).
    2) Company is separate into two floors which causes some communication problems and some friction around all feeling like we're part of one big family.

2. "A place to grow your career..."

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing Company, cool products, quality people, good benefits, beer fridge
    I have seen my colleagues get promoted which is great.

Cons

The Company has been working on a more structured training program for the many sales people it recently hired. Looking forward to seeing the roll-out of the Sales Academy.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best people.
    Provide more clarity around the product roadmap and direction.

3. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time

Pros

- Great people: smart, personable, down-to-earth, lots of integrity
    - Fantastic location and office complex amenities (views are amazing)
    - Growth potential: excellent product in an exploding market

Cons

- Office decor is nice, but wish there was more personality exhibited
    - Stock more wine in the beer fridge

Advice to Management

Keep working on building an inclusive and inspiring culture to help keep and attract the best employees.

"Great culture on the Sales Floor. Good product."

I have been working at Velocify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture on the sales floor has improved significantly. The products work well in the most part. The sales managers aren't micro managers which is a huge benefit, however you to be motivated and driven to succeed. $100k+ income potential for account executives is realistic, but you have to work hard, and it's there for the taking. BDR's and LDR's have well, as they get paid on transfers regardless if the accounts closes or not, which is very simple. If you're looking to grow and potentially get into leadership there are opportunities as the sales team is growing.

Cons

Just like any other company, there are growing pains. We definitely need an on-boarding and training program for new hires. I know one is in the works, but can't come fast enough. Especially when we have quite a few young and new people that would definitely benefit from it.

Advice to Management

Velocify has tremendous growth opportunities, however things just seem to move fairly slowly when it comes to improvements. I would also challenge all leaders from each department to challenge each team member to take ownership, and have more Can Do attitudes rather than Can't Do. There are some people that have been here for years, and it seems like they're just going through the daily steps rather than trying to improve the overall foundation of the organization.

"Good software company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

12 Holidays, 15 PTO days. Latest technologies. Smart people.

Cons

Conservative management. Less opportunities for career movement. Very hierarchical company structure.

"Stay away from this company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

Pros

Good snacks, nice location, ok work life balance

Cons

Financially unstable
    The COO manoj and those directly under him are cunning liers

8. "Customer Support Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Velocify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team, lots of engaging and good people to work with. You will always run into people that you do not align with, however, my team was good. People supported one another and genuinely enjoyed each other.

Cons

With any growing organization the smaller details fall through the cracks in pursuit of larger goals. I think an focus on the smaller details would be good.

Advice to Management

There are many well compensated people within the company, some remuneration out of whack with reality, You have a lot of foot soldiers you rely on who are often carrying the load and not well take care of. Don't forget them.

"Awful Mgmt, but great people to work amongst"

Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Velocify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees here are great. Great people to work with and everyone seems to work well together.

Cons

Management is strictly metics driven and does not treat employees well. The company is spending money in the wrong places. The sales team is growing but the business being driven in is not increasing, so everyone is struggling (ie. no A/E hit quota last month). Members of the sales team are being tremendously underpaid given that the product is such a hard product to sell and close without any sort of vertical training or anything. The company as a whole is very hierarchical and there are a lot of politics being played behind the scenes.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is tough given that they are the issue. But if Hedges is seeing this, you seem like a great guy and wants what is best for the company and it's employees. You better make a change ASAP in the sales department before it is too late and everyone leaves.

10. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Velocify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Snacks and good coffee. Some fun, smart, and talented people to work with. Management puts effort into keeping staff happy.

Cons

Management doesn't have much visibility into what what the rank and file are working on, so if you have a bad manager, you can find yourself in a dead zone.

Advice to Management

Engage consistently with employees at every level of the company. Reward and incentivize initiative for employees at every level.

"Management reward slackers"

I worked at Velocify full-time

Pros

There's no Pros in this company .... Only negative.

Cons

Reward slackers. Worst company to work for. Kiss manager's butt will ensure your success.