VerityStream Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2020

4.1
VerityStream President Michael Sousa
Michael Sousa

"Abundant Opportunity at a Little Big Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Opportunities: They boast about opportunities for growth and advancement, because it's accurate. True, not everyone gets promoted, but I have yet to see a well-qualified person get passed up for some sort of opportunity. Leadership is deliberate about having conversations with employees about advancement, including clearly laying out the requirements to get there. There are also tons of opportunities for cross-departmental movement, which I have seen happen countless times. The company's size is also ideal here - it's small enough so that you are exposed to almost every department/employee, yet big enough to provide abundant opportunities. -Leadership: Past leadership aside, the current leadership is outstanding. They're strong leaders who instill confidence. But they're also humble, down-to-earth folks who don't see any task or conversation as "below" them. In fact, they regularly remind us that they work for us, not vice versa. -Communication & Transparency: There are no "silos" or secrets here - weekly emails and "all hands meetings" from leadership ensure everyone is in the know, and information sharing is open and transparent. Everyone's voice/opinion is heard. -Mission & Values: Every company has some sort vision or mission, but VerityStream actually cares about theirs. It is brought up constantly and genuinely, making it easy to connect what I do to a greater, overall mission. -Culture/People: Fun, collaborative, and hard-working culture. They hire good people. -Flexibility: Every department/role is different, but they value flexibility and work/life balance. -Facilities (San Diego): Modern, collaborative, and full of amenities. The common space, restaurants, fitness center, etc. are top notch.

Cons

-Change is a constant. Name changes, re-orgs, and shuffles are common occurrences, which can be hard for some to adapt to. It's a bit like a startup company in that way. -401k matching is on the lower end, but other benefits (health insurance, paid time off, etc.) seem in line with industry averages.

Continue reading
  2. "Old products are new products"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Parent organization is solid and really wants you to succeed.

Cons

Everything is always on fire, management claims to want to make big changes, but only so long as no big changes are made. A ton of technical debt.

3. "Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Implementation Analyst in Boulder, CO

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of on-the-job learning, friendly coworkers, convenient location, flexible WFH policy.

Cons

Little to no ability to review our managers, needs more inter-team communication, need a UX/UI team.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company truly cares about employees. They allow input and collaboration on operations and how things work.

Cons

May have some growing pains.

5. "Great Company not Great Benefits"

Current Employee - OTIS in San Diego, CA

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is growing quickly and they like their employees to grow with them so they love to promote within. The culture here is also so fun and welcoming.

Cons

The company underpays their employees and does not have great benefits.

6. "Great Culture and People"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at VerityStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, the work life balance is good for the most part... The company is growing a lot and the product is industry leading so great things to come overall.

Cons

Client facing analyst position and job title is misleading. This is an ETL focused position with little to no 'analysis' involvement.

7. "Verity A Healthstream Company or Verity Stream"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are growing and do take risks. They are trying to expand their market and listen to their customer base.

Cons

They are making a new product and the legacy products suffer as a result. Management has said that the legacy products are not going anywhere but less resources are put in every few months. Clients are not aware of this so it is left to what are viewed as lower end employees who happen to be client facing to explain. The client facing folks also cannot tell clients this either, but have to dance around it. Also, there is no format to how people are promoted. They say promotions are every year at the same time. Yet you hear of people getting title changes, where it is not a natural progression. So they get a promotion outside of the yearly time frame. It was explained that there was need as the reason, yet you see this not applied in the same circumstances elsewhere. Management has inherited the bad, old down way of supporting their legacy products. It isn't working. Streamline. Have trainers train, and support people fix things. And have developers do their part. We have project managers who just make cases for support areas. Not sure what they actually do. Not all are like this, but most are.

Continue reading

"Family, Support, and Promotions"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Louisville, CO

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working at Verity for over 1 year now and I am proud to say that Verity is my family. Everyone is so friendly, hard-working and fun to be around. Often times, the work doesn't feel like work and I consider my teammates some of my closest friends. (We even find time to hang outside of work). And when Customer Support needs a little support, there's nothing better than knowing that your teammates/coworkers have your back! My favorite part about working at Verity is the opportunity for early career development and internal promotions. If you are eager to land your first or second role in tech, this is the perfect place for you. Even if you don't start in your "dream" role, you can certainly move into this role at a later date if you work hard and make your career goals known to your manager. And if you aren't sure what your dream job is, Verity will certainly work with you to find a path that interests you most. Even though I have only been working at Verity for 1 year now, I have already been promoted to a new role and promised (by the President) to start my dream role shortly after! This was surprising news because when I got hired, my dream role didn't even exist within the company. I could not be happier working at a place that values my career goals and wants to help me achieve them quickly. As long as you are positive team player, then you will be set up for success. Perks: - Overtime (not required) - Performance Incentive Program (Bonus) - Ping Pong - Dogs in the Office

Cons

Since Verity has a start-up feel, there is still room to grow with processes and developing best practices. (Though some may view this as a strength because it gives each person opportunity to make a difference and influence impactful change).

"Great company with many opportunities for career growth"

Current Employee - Client Executive

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, good work life balance, opportunity to work from home/flexibility, great compensation plan for sales employees, fun work events, great office location near trails and restaurants, leadership takes time to recognize employees

Cons

Benefits need to be improved: limited amount of PTO and parental leave

"Great company with lots of room for growth!"

Current Employee - Client Executive

I have been working at VerityStream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company vision that their employees can stand behind. In addition to a great company; the work is challenging, there are many opportunities to grow, great work life balance and great overall company culture.

Cons

Some might consider traveling a con (travel is dependent on position at the company). 401k isn't the best.

Found 26 reviews