Vertical Screen Reviews | Glassdoor

1.9
Tony D’Orazio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The amount of pressure and stress that comes with the job is worth so much more than the very low pay (in 13 reviews)

• The supervisors act like it is high school (in 11 reviews)

"A Good Place to Work"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Bosses really appreciated your work, recognized when you put in the extra effort. Flexible with advanced notice as far as working a different shift than usual. For a single employee, benefits were simply provided by the company at no charge to the employee.

Cons

Can feel repetitive; working the evening shift was late, and if you start with evening, it's hard to move to an earlier shift.

2. "Take negative reviews with a grain of salt"

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Anyone with good references (even in a completely different job, ex. retail) and a clean record has a decent chance at a job here, so this is a good opportunity for someone who needs office experience.
    - Company likes to hire internally, so after 6-12 months in an entry level position, you will have the opportunity to move up or apply for roles that are more interesting or that match your degree or prior experience.
    - If you're not that ambitious, you can get away with doing the bare minimum (just don't be surprised when you are passed over for promotional opportunities). On the other hand, if you go above and beyond (high quality of work, doing overtime, making suggestions, being proactive, helping colleagues, etc.) management will notice and you will advance quickly.
    - Many departments offer unlimited overtime, sometimes with added incentives.
    - All of their buildings are nice, especially the main one in Warminster.
    - Casual dress (except on client visit days).
    - Paid lunch break and some paid holidays.
    - Big incentives for referrals.
    - Many departments are open 24/7, so you can work outside of normal business hours.
    - Good health benefits if you are single (unfortunately not if you have dependents).
    - The company continues to grow, so there are many positions to be filled.

Cons

- Work demands a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You also need to be self-driven and adaptable to change, enjoy problem solving, and not take criticism personally. If these qualities do not describe you, you will not be happy here. I am pretty sure that this is the reason for most of the negative reviews. The high turnover can be depressing, but a lot of people simply aren't a good fit for this company.
    - Starting pay is not very competitive.
    - Overtime is sometimes mandatory.
    - Socializing on the job is discouraged, which can be frustrating if you have an outgoing personality.
    - Supervisors and trainers are overloaded, so it can be difficult to get timely answers to work-related questions.

Advice to Management

- Bring back hourly overtime bonuses.
    - Extended training for new hires, or make trainers more accessible for the first few weeks on the job.
    - Allow (and encourage) all employees to bring their suggestions directly to upper management.
    - Try to be more family friendly by offering better health insurance for employees with dependents, and paid sick leave / family leave that is separate from PTO.

"You either luck out with this job or it’s just a pit stop unfortunately"

Former Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA

I worked at Vertical Screen (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to work my preferred shift and not have to wake up in the morning since my shift didn't start until 2:00 PM. This allowed me to have much more time to prepare for work than people stuck with the day shift whether here or somewhere else. I was also grateful that I established a full time job just months out of college and that we were allowed to dress casually since business casual attire is not always as comfortable to wear. (Business casual dress was only required to be worn on days when clients would visit.)

Cons

Full disclosure; Salary is never the most important job factor or aspect to me but it is only rational and reasonable to make enough to live on your own and then focus much more on the competition of the job and/or the nature of the work. I didn't make nearly enough to move out and support myself financially on my own which is not at all surprising considering I had only been given one raise in the 1 year and 7 month time period that I worked there. (My starting salary was $11.50 per hour and I was bumped to $12 per hour after the first few months. I agree with some family members and former co-workers that we were underpaid for two main reasons. Firstly, we were supposed to average handling 15 research components per hour once fully trained but were paid less than $1 per component. This is especially disappointing since one research component can be quite a tedious process considering it involves a multi-step look-up list process whether it be a GED request, mailing request or a no record question procedure or lengthy reference interviews for instance.) Secondly, I was making roughly $20,000 per year without taxes taken out and that is less than half the average salary, (which is roughly $51,939.)
    It was also a bummer that my supervisor would not ALWAYS get back to me/us when I/we would forward an error alert to them which I/we was/were basically disputing and bringing to their attention. (This was important because errors reduce your quality ratio.) The error system wouldn't be perfect even if your supervisor made sure that he/she ALWAYS responded to them because some errors weren't even fair in the first place considering the rationale or reasoning behind them wasn't even covered on the work instructions in or out of training.
    Another important con to note is that the Human Resources department never got back to me after I internally applied to Public Records. I did this hoping they would provide or offer more room for growth/advancement at least but it was done to no avail. Being happier in another department could have changed my mind a bit but the pay may not have been much better at all regardless. The H.R. department not replying to my internal application was fairly minor compared to the fact that who you know within the company could easily get your foot in the door regarding promotions rather than rewarding workers for their attendance and/or statistics such as action per hour counts, completion per hour counts or their quality ratio which should truly matter and make the job scenario more fair.

Advice to Management

Errors should be validated by supervisors before they are even issued in the first place and at least respond to an e-mail disputing one if not required to be validated. Also, a researcher should get at least one raise if they've been with the company for over a year since the first raise which was given after only the first few months. This is especially important since entry level researchers were underpaid in the first place earning $12 per hour after one raise plus some probably had higher than average quality ratios and/or action per hour counts and/ or completion per hour counts to prove their competence and focus on the job which was overlooked and not rewarded. They reward you for having perfect attendance during an entire quarter, (three consecutive months), but not for having impressive stats during that same time period. (It’s kind of ironic if you think about it.) Perfect attendance doesn’t mean a lot if you often make errors and slow down the research process.

"Not worth the money or sanity"

Current Employee - OHS in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - OHS in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-coffee
    -great architecture
    -green company
    -occasionally given food

Cons

To begin , the pay is very low for the workload, the management makes you feel very uncomfortable to ask questions especially when you are new. The trainer need to trained, they give an attitude because they have to train you . You are expected to just know a company you have NEVER worked for before.
    If you are an extrovert do not bother, you are made to be silent as if you are a child.

"Not a career"

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food from time to time. Can be flexible with scheduling if your supervisor’s in a good mood. Made some fun friends. Oven Brothers is across the street. Can listen to music while working.

Cons

This place seriously sets people up to fail. There are too many managers, supervisors and trainers and none of them communicate, especially not to the lower level employees. Directions change constantly. Everyone trains their own way, then months after doing something a certain way you’re “in trouble” even though it was what you were taught. The work is extremely repetitive. The pay is too low. The supervisors never answer emails because they’re always up talking. This doesn’t feel like an adult office job in any way. Was promised lots of advancement potential but a lot is based on favoritism.

Advice to Management

Get your supervisors and trainers on the same page so your employees actually know how to do their jobs. Stop nitpicking over the smallest things. Get to know your employees so we don’t feel so replaceable. Increase our pay and actually give us real sick days and PTO like most companies have.

6. "Employee"

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Clear expectations, room to grow and advance, great hours and over time, and really flexible management. Great benefits too.

Cons

The pay is abysmal and work is really repetitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"public records"

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

basically none, they do nice incentive programs time to time in order to fudge the numbers but they never pay them out in a timely manner. most of us are still waiting for money promised to us prior to the holidays. it is easy to get promoted though even if you're bad at your job as long as you're friends with management or pretend to okay with ear beatings about the civil war.

Cons

worthless managers all around. new system was implemented with known issues and no one cares to stop it.. they want clients to leave to prove a point instead of standing up for themselves and their employees. they only promote their friends so no one really understands anything and the few that are qualified get overwhelmed with everyone else's work so they end up quitting.

Advice to Management

no advice.. if you're thinking of applying don't. if you're thinking of becoming a client don't. this is the worst most mismanaged place I have ever seen and they think it's a joke. save your dignity and just psnhamdle if you need the money that bad. this place will steal your soul.

"Applicant Services Rep"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Free Health Care plan if you do not have any dependents. Flexible hours.

Cons

My time at Vertical Screen was a long one. I learned so much from this company in how to professionally conduct myself. I learned what not to do from my superiors. The truth is that this company does have potential to be a great company. However, upper management is not strong so they lead weak and their employees fail. instead of asking what they could do better, they force their team members to work harder. I have addressed this to HR and upper management and the response was "my hands are tied" Vertical Screen is a company that cares about the money not about their employees. It's obvious when you start working their your first week.

Advice to Management

It's easier to go in do your job and go home. But you get more out of your day if you actually take the time to train and care about your employees. There is a lot of injustices in many departments and it's over looked because no one wants to take the time to actually do anything about it. The high turn over rate speaks for itself.

"Very unique workplace"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Great benefits. Schedule flexible is a plus. Great place to learn about a workplace.

Cons

Lots of annoying micromanaging at times. Lots of emotion based decisions that leave good employees wanting to leave the company. Sometimes not the best ideas implemented. Low morale at times within the company. Definitely not a career builder stop.

Advice to Management

Listen to the right employees and treat them fair and the company could make leaps and bounds pass other companies.

"Discrimination"

Former Employee - Case Set Up Operator in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Case Set Up Operator in Warminster, PA

I worked at Vertical Screen part-time

Pros

Not sure if I can think of pros.

Cons

According to ADA laws that they are required to provide an accommodation to disabled people. I am deaf and they refused to provide a sign language interpreter per my request for the interview, orientation, and training. They made a poor excuse that it is due to "security" reasons. They even used workers who barely sign, which is in violation of my right and the law. Governments such as NASA, FBI, etc hire interpreters. End of discussion. I filed an EEOC against them based on this reason and unfortunately, I lost the case which baffled me. It is such a shame.