Vertical Screen Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Tony D’Orazio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Casual dress code, flexible shifts, can listen to music at work, food trucks on Friday's" (in 20 reviews)

• "Offer good benefits and casual dress code" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "The amount of pressure and stress that comes with the job is worth so much more than the very low pay" (in 13 reviews)

• "It's like high school with the drama and constant talking behind people's backs" (in 11 reviews)

"A Good Place to Work"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Bosses really appreciated your work, recognized when you put in the extra effort. Flexible with advanced notice as far as working a different shift than usual. For a single employee, benefits were simply provided by the company at no charge to the employee.

Cons

Can feel repetitive; working the evening shift was late, and if you start with evening, it's hard to move to an earlier shift.

2. "Ok job"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Stable work and clean environment

Cons

Low pay for the work done

3. "Easy job, get boring quick"

Current Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment
    Tons of overtime
    Great benefits

Cons

Low pay for what is required of its employees.
    Boring
    High turnover

Advice to Management

I understand needing to get work done quick because of high profile clients but I think if you worry more about getting verifications completed then how many calls your employees can make a day, more thorough research can be done and less errors made.

4. "HR Researcher"

Pros

Free benefits, Good starter job

Cons

Comes out your base pay, Cannot sustain life with pay.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding to life

"You either luck out with this job or it’s just a pit stop unfortunately."

Former Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Researcher in Warminster, PA

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to work my preferred shift and not have to wake up in the morning since my shift didn't start until 2:00 PM. This allowed me to have much more time to prepare for work than people stuck with the early bird shift whether here or somewhere else. I was also grateful that I established a full time job just months out of college and that we were allowed to dress casually since business casual attire is not always as comfortable to wear. (Business casual dress was only required to be worn on days when clients would visit, and, luckily, Marcine from Human Resources would notify us roughly one week in advance and then again like two days before the client visit day.)

Cons

Full disclosure; Salary is never the most important job factor or aspect to me but it is only rational and reasonable to make enough to live on your own and then focus much more on the competition of the job and/or the nature of the work. I didn't make nearly enough to move out and support myself financially on my own which is not at all surprising considering I had only been given one raise in the 1 year and 7 month time period that I worked there. (My starting salary was $11.50 per hour and I was bumped to $12 per hour after the first few months. I agree with some family members and former co-workers that we were underpaid for two main reasons. Firstly, we were supposed to average handling 15 research components per hour once fully trained but were paid less than $1 per component. This is especially disappointing since one research component can be quite a tedious process considering it involves a multi-step look-up list process whether it be a GED request, mailing request or a no record question procedure or lengthy reference interviews for instance.) Secondly, I was making roughly $20,000 per year without taxes taken out and that is less than half the average salary, (which is roughly $51,939.)
    It was also a bummer that my supervisor would not ALWAYS get back to me/us when I/we would forward an error alert to them which I/we was/were basically disputing and bringing to their attention. (This was important because errors reduce your quality ratio.) The error system wouldn't be perfect even if your supervisor made sure that he/she ALWAYS responded to them because some errors weren't even fair in the first place considering the rationale or reasoning behind them wasn't even covered on the work instructions in or out of training.
    Another important con to note is that the Human Resources department never got back to me after I internally applied to Public Records. I did this hoping they would provide or offer more room for growth/advancement at least but it was done to no avail. Being happier in another department could have changed my mind a bit but the pay may not have been much better at all regardless. The H.R. department not replying to my internal application was fairly minor compared to the fact that who you know within the company could easily get your foot in the door regarding promotions rather than rewarding workers for their attendance and/or statistics such as action per hour counts, completion per hour counts or their quality ratio which should truly matter and make the job scenario more fair. Also, another current or former employee confirmed that PTO is automatically used for both sick time and call outs.

Advice to Management

Errors should be validated by supervisors before they are even issued in the first place and at least respond to an e-mail disputing one if not required to be validated. Also, a researcher should get at least one raise if they've been with the company for over a year since the first raise which was given after only the first few months. This is especially important since entry level researchers were underpaid in the first place earning $12 per hour after one raise plus some probably had higher than average quality ratios and/or action per hour counts and/ or completion per hour counts to prove their competence and focus on the job which was overlooked and not rewarded. They reward you for having perfect attendance during an entire quarter, (three consecutive months), but not for having impressive stats during that same time period. (It’s kind of ironic if you think about it.) Perfect attendance doesn’t mean a lot if you often make errors and slow down the research process.

"Not worth it!"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Very easy job to do

Cons

the pay is way to less for as much as all the work this company throws at their employees

"Ugh"

Former Employee - Researcher
    Former Employee - Researcher

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Co-workers are friendly because we all know this place is terrible. Anyone who is an hourly worker is cool. It’s a resume filler but to be honest I feel like when people see I work here it hurts my consideration for other jobs.

Cons

Still waiting on that tax cut money from Trump to trickle down to us hourly workers. There are no words that can describe how awful the work to pay ratio is

Advice to Management

Please stop putting misleading reviews on this site. Anything above two or three stars is probably Tony himself trying to get people to come in. People need to know how terrible this place really is and how little you appreciate your workers.

"Applicant Services Team Member"

Current Employee - Applicant Services Representative in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Applicant Services Representative in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling
    Health Insurance
    Available Overtime
    Multiple locations
    Up to date security setting
    Travel pay
    Holiday pay and bonuses
    Accessible Parking
    Transition departments is common.

Cons

Environment is dull.
    Work moral is a low.
    High turn around rate
    Supervise can be hostile.
    Favoritism is obviously shown.
    Work systems/programs are not up to date.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to ease the load of existing worker. Explore other methods of training other than modules. Allow trusted workers to study the work and program so they can be more efficient with the work production.

"Public Records Researcher"

Former Employee - Public Records Researcher in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Public Records Researcher in Warminster, PA

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent benefits, the work is not difficult, can listen to music at your desk, building security is good, it is entry-level, they walk you through orientation paperwork well

Cons

training is almost non-existent (was trained not even 2 hours on first day, then for 1 hour 4 days later, nothing in between), very very repetitive job/almost entirely on computer, no feeling of success because more work is always coming in so you make no dent on workload, mostly weird hours offered (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm), fun or friendly co-workers depends entirely on your department within Records--some are nice while others are completely silent/non-welcoming, a state of emergency was declared due to extreme weather and the office stayed open despite extreme danger to employees--they do not care about you.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees. Put less pressure on supervisors/workers and maybe they can actually focus on training people. CLOSE for the day, or tell your employees to stay home if they feel unsafe, when extreme weather is literally destroying the roads surrounding the office. Nothing says "we don't care about our employees" like requiring them to risk their lives twice in two weeks due to horrendous weather.

10. "Not Terrible... But not the greatest"

I worked at Vertical Screen full-time

Pros

If you work hard you can easily move up in rank. Also, during the busy season you get lots of over-time. Fully paid benefits!

Cons

PTO is automatically used for sick time and call outs