VisionIT Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David H. Segura

Pros
  • They have a great work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Great team leads on the recruitment side (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I am not sure I would refer anyone to the VisionPro line of business (in 2 reviews)

• Little to no employee appreciation (in 2 reviews)

"Good company for contractors"

Former Employee - Tape Librarian/Tape Media Analyst in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Tape Librarian/Tape Media Analyst in Georgetown, TX

I worked at VisionIT (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are very efficient form beginning to end of the hiring process. They are also very good at keeping in contact with you during the contact period. Never had any issues with benefits or pay. Great company.

Cons

Not any cons that come to mind. Allowing for human error, they really do make the effort to be on top of everything.

"disfunctional"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VisionIT is a small family owned family company that specializes in minority set asides for staffing and the occasional custom IT project. The Brother and Sister team that owns and runs VisionIT have a good roster of contacts that they farm quite well within the Detroit area.

Cons

The company is rather dis-functional. It is hard to get anything done. Any decision of any significance whatsoever must be routed through a single person. While the company puts on the appearance of being a large multi-national consulting company, it’s really quite small, centered in Detroit with an auxiliary office in Mexico. This small company approach becomes very apparent when it comes to benefits and simple things, such as accruing vacation time (which many of my ex-coworkers have been cheated out of). The culture is also very strange. It is NOT the culture of a high-tech company; rather it is the culture of an HR department, with focuses on minutia and 80's style work rules. Rules that do nothing to advance our mission, but rather come across as rules with the only purpose of pleasing what an HR person would do. The company is also amazingly bureaucratic. It is HARD to get anything done. While we have a tagline of "Fast Simple Smart", I laugh inside each time I hear it. This company moves internally at a snail pace. We do hire allot of very smart people, but they do not stay. Which leads me to my last thought - the turn over. This company has the most turn over of any company I have EVER seen. Smart people join but then either leave quickly when they realize their hands or tied, or get fired because they weren't effective (probably because their hands were tied)

Advice to Management

Address the turnover problem. It's really quite ridiculous how many people come in, and leave quickly. Our customers DO notice this. Get this company moving faster. While it's nice that it is a motto, come on. I've never seen a company this slow moving internally. Finally - start treating our people right when they leave. Pay them their vacation time - regardless of what state they live in, pay them their severance if they are due it due to country rules. And pay it on time. This non-sense of dragging it out over months is immoral. If you want to pretend to be a big company, then act like it and pay people what they are owed - WHEN they are owed.

"Used to be a great company!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a great team of people and when I originally started, the leadership seemed to genuinely care about their people. They had a lot of business mostly on the VMS side due to the minority status of the company

Cons

Took on business that many times was unrealistic and not fillable. Recently, the leadership seemed more interested in their own interests rather than the interests of the people who were making them the money. It was sad to see this change

Advice to Management

Care about your people, they are the ones enabling you to live the lifestyle you are living but they need to make a living as well. Undercutting commissions does not drive motivation. Listen to the recruiters who are talking with candidates on a daily basis instead of discounting their thoughts and opinions. Recognize that this is a difficult job and appreciate your employees

"Questionable Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT (More than a year)

Pros

They offer Reasonable PTO, health care, you can wear jeans. You get to work in mid town. Flexible with your schedule.

Cons

They use a lot of smoke and mirrors when they provide their quarterly updates to the company. Certain members of their leadership team are always angry and you start to wonder why they are even working here. There is ALOT of turnover. I am not sure I would refer anyone to the VisionPro line of business. It just seems very dysfunctional.

Advice to Management

Look into replacing some of your leadership at the executive level. The reason two out of your three lines of business are failing could be because of members at the executive level. Check your exit reviews and see how many people leave because of them.

"Terrible experience"

Former Employee - Lead Developer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very few. I had a decent salary I guess.

Cons

No idea what they're doing. No management structure. No culture,

"Shady ethics"

Former Employee - Software Architect in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Detroit, MI

I worked at VisionIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some good clients and solid marketing. Very lean cost saving machine. Great for partners or anyone with a stake in the company.

Cons

I worked in good faith for this company a few heats back and they did not pay out my accrued vacation. Bottom line is that the partner has a background I'm emplymemr law and they found a way to legally rip me off of a full 2 weeks of pay I believed I would be compensated for but was not.

Based on another recent review it appears that this practice is still implemented. Buyer beware.

Advice to Management

None. They do not listen or care because this is not a commonly accepted practice and yet still occurs. This proves to me that they are greedy and self serving. Employee handbooks are employment contracts. Read the payout policy upon leaving in good faith.

"Detroit Based Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great company and culture backed up by an involved, caring CEO who invests in innovation, his employees, and the community. He has reorganized the company to be brand specific and has hired an "A" team of executives to run and lead those brands. I truly believe this company is going to do nothing but grow and prosper.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be involved, invest highly in innovation and your employees.

"Administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Family Life balance, Supportive Management, Cheerful Employees, State of the Art offices, updated technology, innovative ideas are welcome, hard workers are rewarded, Executive Leadership has open door policy, a place that you will never hate coming to work!

Cons

Some employees will always think the grass is greener on the other side, this mindset gives the illusion of bad moral. When in fact every company has employees who are not happy. Management listens to everyone’s complaints and does what they can. This is a company that is constantly changing for the better and making improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improvements and listening to your employees. We appreciate the support and are excited about the future !

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at VisionIT full-time

Pros

Exciting technologies, company is always striving to stay ahead of the pack. Management makes sure employees are given the opportunity to grow both professionally and technically. Work life balance is good too.

Cons

Restaurants near office need improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovation!

"Hands Off"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Warren, OH

I worked at VisionIT part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company that contracted with VisionIT recommended me for the position. So VisionIT was pretty hands off on my day to day support for said company. I enjoyed the freedom.

Cons

When the contract ended, VisionIT did little to nothing to find me another position.

VisionIT Response

Sep 24, 2015 – CEO

VisionPRO receives many recommendations by our customers to work with us since we make it very easy to do business with our company while providing our consultants the support they need. We have a ... More