KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WEX Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2022

Found 462 of over 644 reviews

4.0
WEX President and CEO 	Melissa Smith (no image)
Melissa Smith

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WEX and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with top

Sep 23, 2022 - Director in Portland, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid opportunities for growth and exposure

Cons

Sometimes difficult to navigate internally

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

DO NOT WORK HERE

Aug 18, 2022 - Senior Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Matured business, lack of leadership and innovation leads to no one asking people to do work.

Cons

- Sexual harassment, inappropriate behavior and misogyny abounds within the top ranks of the company. When discussed, HR and senior management stonewall and try to gaslight the victims. - Unethical and “follower” behavior gets people promoted. Qualified and ethical candidates are not considered for promotions. - The BOD needs to clean house and bring in outside leadership. - Several cliques and narcissistic egos within the company, so no decisions can be made at the ELT and SVP levels. - Lack of direction and poor leadership that can not put plans into action to save their lives. - Company now has to advertise to recruit bc so many people have left. - Leadership watches the bottom line and doesn’t invest in CS, Tech or Personnel needed. - Customer ratings and BBB is a D- - Compensation is not competitive at all and HR tries to keep everyone at lower levels. - People have been promoted into SVP roles with no formal education and terrible leadership, business acumen and people skills. - Stock price has not improved due to lack of leadership, quality employees and resources. - Company is literally an empty suit. Will be surprised if outside competitors with better tech and pricing don’t eat their lunch in the next 5 years.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Working for WEX

Sep 27, 2022 - N|A
    Business Outlook

Pros

My boss was so amazing.

Cons

The callers were always so angry.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A True Leader

Sep 13, 2022 - Human Resources in Portland, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

WEX acts on their values- 110% integrity focused. Amazing Total rewards with ample PTO, 12 holidays in US, and trusted to do your work. I enjoy coming to work each day...virtually!!!

Cons

It can take time, and patience for change- But WEX is supportive and welcomes fresh ideas.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sep 23, 2022 - Solution Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and very accommodating place to work

Cons

Career advancement is not very good

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place

Sep 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, paid holidays, teamwork, pay

Cons

Compensation when it comes to adding more work and cross training which would normally mean a promotion does not happen. It is just expected but you’re still expected to further your career

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

not taking care of sales people

Jul 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is very good in sales. Still the best company for benefits and sales culture that I have worked for.

Cons

For reasons out of the sales people control, sales are down dramatically. We are very unsure if we will be supported by the company during this time. WE are less than 50% for sales results from where we were last year at this time. Customers have not changed. Sales people just as good. Our company reactions to recent events are bringing us all down.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 1, 2022 - Customer Solutions Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Flexibility Awesome support from management

Cons

The only thing I would say was a con, is that employees could be paid a little more but the company over all is a great company to work for.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

DBI part of WEX is Great!!

Mar 3, 2022 - Senior Integration Analyst in Fargo, ND
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Management on the team I am on. - Alot of room to grow. - The DBI (Discovery Benefits) side of WEX has a GREAT culture. - The DBI (Discovery Benefits) employees and managers really care about their employees and do a wonderful job of showing it the best they can.

Cons

- Pay is not equal between the DBI (Discovery Benefits) side and WEX side. Original WEX employees make alot more than DBI employees. When DBI and WEX merged WEX should have given DBI employees a raise for equal pay but they didn't. - When the pandemic hit the DBI (Discovery Benefits) heath teams are who kept WEX up and running and who made most of the money to keep WEX aflot but the DBI Health teams never got compensated for all the hard work we did. We have been absolutely slammed for the last two years. We have worked our tails off and last year, we got the worst raise we have ever gotten. It truly is not fair.

4 people found this review helpful