WEX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WEX Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WEX (South Portland, ME).

Interview

Got a call from the Career Fair. I applied on the site too.

One interview in right after career fair.

Another one with 2 Directors after a couple of weeks.

Interviews were quite good. They made me feel comfortable. It was more like a technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Related to your resume.
      Kind of work done.
      Technical difficulties faced. etc.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WEX in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email for an onsite interview a few weeks later. Were willing to accommodate a virtual interview (video conference) with a panel. Interview went mostly smooth.

Interview Questions

• Mainly discussing your technical experience (either work, projects). What you hope to gain and why you want to work here. A few personality questions and a small question on what is WEX.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WEX (Portland, ME) in February 2017.

Interview

Many rounds of interviews. Poor communication from the company about my status. There was never any followup after the 3rd round of interviews--which seemed to reveal quite a bit about the company's level of respect for employees. Employees did not seem content--especially the execs. One exec tried to dissuade me from taking the position, mentioning that there was much chaos internally. Another exec asked me--after hours and hours of interviews, if I'd consider taking the position if they changed it to contract (new information for me)--though it was advertised as permanent. Quite disorganized, overall.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WEX.

Interview

Extensive and mostly friendly, although one interviewer was very down on the department they worked for and made it sound like there would be no hope for advancement; this person hinted unattractively about on-going difficulty with their boss. Not a good spokesperson for the department or company (but good information to have, frankly)!

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WEX in July 2016.

Interview

In-depth, lots of probing for fit and leadership skills. Interviewers were very clear on culture and leadership history. Highly transparent and open about the demands and challenges but also very warm and supportive.

Interview Questions

• There were heavy strategy discussions and requests for examples regarding change leadership and drive- nothing was abnormal or inappropriate. It was all what I expected for this level position   Answer Question

Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WEX (Portland, ME) in August 2015.

Interview

A very cold and stuffy interview. Lack of personality from the interviewer. Lack of professionalism--interview was interrupted for said interviewer to partake in a department meeting. The overall vibe was poor. An interviewer should be welcoming in order to get the best from their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult/challenging situation with a fellow employee? Tell me about a difficult/challenging situation with a process or customer?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WEX (South Portland, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a three stage process, with a phone interview, in person interview with the manager, and in person interview with the larger team. Most of the questions were around past product management experience, success, failures, and some around suggestions for WEX regarding strategy. There were a few folks that asked harder questions, but most were pretty basic. Make sure you have some honest stories about past experience, and think about how these apply to WEX.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the payments space to monetize more around the point of sale stations? How would you validate this?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WEX (South Portland, ME) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was unguided and confusing. I guess I was suppose to interview myself? The woman that was SUPPOSED to interview me seemed distant and had the look on her face that I was disgusting or farted. I'm pretty sure there was nothing wrong with me. She didn't ask very many questions.

Basically I was told that I didn't have enough experience to be an intern. I had just received my bachelor's degree and I was being told this. There is almost nothing more insulting then that. They didn't require a master's degree.

Since then I was given and internship opportunity with the state. I am still working there. I have been told that I am one of the fastest excelling and adaptable interns and have been given many jobs opportunities.

Their loss. it doesn't sound like Wex is a nice friendly place to work anyways.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills or experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. Standard questions. Didn't try to "have me sell them something (i.e. pen, paperclip)" Very nice people that gives you a break down of the company and how the departments differ.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WEX.

Interview

no structure to any interview questions; the interviewer seemed very uninterested in the process; WEx has no idea what an ideal candidate is nor what an ideal employee is to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation