WHPacific Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I worked at WHPacific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees are great ti work with,

Cons

Management needs to listen more to the employees

2. "A good company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at WHPacific (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of motivated professionals. One of the better benefits packages in the industry. Works to provide superior client satisfaction. Gives you opportunities to grow and challenge yourself. Very transparent company in regards to communicating with employees.

Cons

I really don't have any cons worth the mention. This company is on the right track to becoming the premier A/E firm in the west and northwest.

3. "Closing down is what I heard"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at WHPacific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people and good clients. It used to be a good company. Hope most of the good folks find a life raft. I am young so I should be fine.

Cons

New management are inexperienced and driving it into the ground.
    Closing many offices this year. Phoenix, Seattle maybe more.

Advice to Management

it is too late

5. "Great place to consider starting or continuing career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at WHPacific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great to work with a team that is dedicated, driven, and cares about the clients and the projects--attitude of staff is rarely "this is just a job." Local management listens and is invested in staff development. Office growth on upswing the past year or so, therefore morale is improving. Refreshingly no drama. Flexibility and good work/family balance.

Cons

Benefits are standard but could be more competitive. Corporate communication is "ok" but could be more frequent especially from GIS.

Advice to Management

Consider a more competitive benefit package. Work on more frequent communication from GIS. Attract more young engineers starting out in their career.

6. "Environmental Scientist"

Former Employee - Environmental Engineer in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Environmental Engineer in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Good working environment. Friendly staff.

Cons

Management needs to think about better benefits package for employee.

"Good in the beginning, but deteriorated over time."

I worked at WHPacific full-time

Pros

Very friendly environment. The majority of the people are very professional and easy to get along with. For the most part, everybody worked cohesively and focused on positive end results.

Cons

Upper management was continuously changing, causing significant communication problems. In the end, people were hiding trying to hang onto their jobs as long as they could. A job company, not a career company. Beware of cliques, very clique company; Be in the group or be gone. WHPAcific is 100% owned by NANA Development Corporation, an Alaska Native corporation representing the interests of more than 13,500 Iñupiat shareholders. There is a board that is supposed to help regulate the corporate structure, I found that this only complicated many aspects of working for them. One more "higher-up" to use as an excuse and not just deal with the problems at hand.

Advice to Management

Work it out up there!

8. "DOWNWARD SPIRAL, they're at the Praying Stage Now!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at WHPacific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got a reality check, on a type of company I would never work for again. They are so cheap and really don't value their employees. I would have never known that if I wouldn't have made the jump, much better opportunities elsewhere. Word of advice always keep applying, it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there.

Cons

- The company doesn't value their employees one bit. My new company has much Better Pay, 401k Match, Healthcare (100% paid for Medical and Dental), Yearly Christmas Bonuses (minimum $2000+), 10+ Major Company Events (Sporting Games, Paintball, Fishing Trips, Beach Retreat (they pick up hotels food and drinks for 130+ employees), Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cakes on your Birthday (every week it's somebody's Birthday), Kitchen packed with Food/ Snacks and Drinks, Company Lunch every Wednesday, Donut Friday's, Beer Friday's, Etc.

- The company is falling apart, do to good old buddy system. They have to many older Directors that are just holding on for another couple more years until retirement. They are not preparing the next generation. Which should be an eye opener to NANA.

- Company is shrinking, in a Time of Growth... They're only doing the minimum to stay just enough busy. I don't know why that is, maybe they're under staffed, maybe the type of work they're going after, I just don't know. My new company has been hiring on average 1 to 2 new employees a week. The amount of work we have is so much, we tell clients we are 2 months out before we can even start the work and we still get it.

- This Company should be dominating the Market, do to minority own status, but it isn't. I just don't get it.

Advice to Management

LOST AT SEA AGAIN

by Sea Man

.......................................................................
    DAY 3:

To the Captain's of are vessel. We are yet again, Lost at Sea. The crew and I are starting to ask "don"t they know, by turning only right puts us back in the same spot?". We all started talking about about yesterday, when you spent countless hours making a new Captains Hat from our one and only map. The crew was appalled, when you came on deck for the first time wearing it, and it blew away within seconds. The crew also noticed that the birds in the sky aren't seagulls, but are buzzards and growing by the day. Ship hands below are noticing that the idea you mentioned of patching the holes with bread, is not working. They are also wondering, why the life crafts are loaded with all your personal belongings. - Sea Man's Log

9. "Could be better"

I worked at WHPacific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent staff in the company

Cons

Too many bosses in to short of a time.

Advice to Management

Stick with it

"Glad I Chose WHPacific"

Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at WHPacific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WHPacific is currently being run by talented and thoughtful senior managers. While some reviewers have indicated frustrations, my experience is that managers are committed to making the company successful and recognizing people at all levels who are actively contributing to that success. Portland in particular is evolving and growing the right way by focusing on relationships and eliminating bureaucracy. Opportunities for career growth are excellent. Total compensation is in line with industry averages in Portland.

Cons

WHPacific isn't everyone's cup of tea. Changes are occurring (for the better). Hard work and attention to others (not just yourself) will bring success. If you are looking for a situation where the company is at the top of every industry metric, you'll need to keep looking. If you are looking to build something great and have direct impact on the outcome, make the same choice I did to come to WHPacific. That said, you will note that some reviewers are not happy so weigh your choice carefully.

Advice to Management

Stick to the fundamentals. Invest in talent and professional development. Focus on career paths. Listen.

WHPacific Response

Mar 28, 2016 – President

Good sound advice. Help us by communicating what we are doing right and where we need to improve. open door to my office.

"Current Employee"

I have been working at WHPacific full-time

Pros

Good staff to work with. Company working hard to make WHP a profitable company

Cons

Doing more with less, when employees resign the positions are not always backfilled creating additional work for others.

WHPacific Response

Apr 13, 2016 – President

I appreciate the input. Sounds like opportunity knocking at the door.