KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WM President and CEO James C. Fish, Jr
James C. Fish, Jr

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of WM and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great Company with even better benefits

Oct 12, 2021 - Senior Route Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is excellent, benefits excellent, time off excellent, leadership team is always available to help you even if it not about work. Has a real family feeling. I would recommend a career at Waste Management if you are looking for something that has structure and would like to be treat as a human and not a number.

Cons

Can have long hours no more than 13 in a day so not all bad because you are getting paid for that time. No other real con's.

21 people found this review helpful

SoMe Associate

Thank you for this! We’re committed to offering our people an environment they can thrive in. We‘re happy to hear about your positive experience with WM and can’t thank you enough for this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our team members.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Ceiling for earning is capped but still good potential

Aug 17, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Completely up to the individual how well your commission is. Put in the work and you'll be compensated well

Cons

Pretty monotonous day in and day out

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Robert Aumada

Aug 16, 2022 - Preventive Maintenance Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication ,equality, accountability, successfulness, integrity.

Cons

No cons all around good company

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Happy

Aug 16, 2022 - Waste Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with schedule, great pay

Cons

The work is hard at times

5. 5.0

Great company

Aug 13, 2022 - Logistics Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits and supportive leadership

Cons

Not much room for advancement in the Recycling Service Centers

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your review. We are proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our eligible employees. We’re happy to hear about your positive experience while working for WM.

6. 4.0

Great place to work

Aug 12, 2022 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay! Remote work, great management.

Cons

There are really not a lot of cons working here for me.

SoMe Associate

This is so great to hear! The fact that you felt supported and mentioned the strength of your leadership is reassuring that our teams are in good hands and set up for success. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and we will share this with our team.

7. 5.0

Great Place to Call A Career

Aug 11, 2022 - Industrial Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is forward thinking. This is a great place to grow your career. WM is very transparent.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

8. 5.0

Company Culture

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to work for.

Cons

I have none to share

SoMe Associate

Thank you for this great five-star review! WM is committed to offering our people an environment they can thrive in. We‘re happy to hear that you're having a positive experience with WM and can’t thank you enough for this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our team members.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Aug 9, 2022 - Inside Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable career and great benefits

Cons

At times strang culture for a company of that size.

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value all feedback from current and former employees and continually strive to ensure we are providing our employees with an environment they can succeed in.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Job

Aug 8, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Tupelo, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

No weekends, Guaranteed 40 hours, Reliable Team.

Cons

Dealing with WM customers can be extremely draining. At times, you feel as though you cant do much to assist customers due to operational issues out of your control. You have to take the brunt of the blame from customers.

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your great review! WM is committed to offering our employees an environment they can thrive in. We are happy to hear about your positive experience while working for WM, and appreciate you leaving all of this valuable feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,870 Reviews
</>Embed

WM Reviews FAQs

WM has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 3,043 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at WM to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WM employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WM. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of WM employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WM 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WM to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with WM Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at WM? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

164 days ago

Employee Story
Meet our people: Ginger Pitts, Driver Ginger joined WM not too long ago in 2020. After a career as a restaurateur followed by a stint as a school bus driver, she finally found her niche here at WM. So much so that Ginger was recently named Women In Trucking Association's March 2022 Member of the Month. Congratulations to Ginger! #WomensHistoryMonth "Don't hesitate! Women can do anything! Jump in and enjoy the ride!" -Ginger Pitts, WM Driver
Shared image - WM on LinkedIn: Meet Our People: Ginger Pitts
WM on LinkedIn: Meet Our People: Ginger Pitts
www.linkedin.com

195 days ago

Company News
Have you heard the news? Waste Management will officially be known as “WM”. Such a modification may seem small, but the truth is it’s a seismic shift for our company. WM’s business offerings go beyond just managing waste. We are North America’s largest environmental solutions provider and a sustainability leader focused on helping customers achieve their sustainability goals. We look forward to continuing to share how we are always working for a sustainable tomorrow.
Shared image

WM Photos

+ Add Photo
WM photo of: Driver, Jen
WM photo of: Driver, Billy
WM photo of: CORE site mural
WM photo of: WM Canada following social distance recommendations
WM photo of: Sorter Employee following COVID regulations
WM photo of: Driver Huddle
WM photo of: Residential Driver

Glassdoor has 3,043 WM reviews submitted anonymously by WM employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if WM is right for you.