KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Webflow Co-Founder and CEO Vlad Magdalin
Vlad Magdalin
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great teams, with great perks, with a great culture

Jun 29, 2021 - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture, and DEI and accessibility advocacy - Fun and challenging projects - Great perks

Cons

- Struggling with hypergrowth at the moment

Be the first to find this review helpful

Webflow Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and for making our day! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Webflow. We're very proud of the culture we've been able to build together, and are grateful to have you be a part of it. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at satisfaction@webflow.com

2. 5.0

The Real Deal

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten the opportunity to join Webflow. This company is on a rocket ship but is taking the time to scale intentionally. Webflow truly cares about their employees and I feel honored to be part of the story.

Cons

Not really a con, but lots of rapid growth and change.

2 people found this review helpful

VP People

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're right there with you, lots of growth and change is both exciting and challenging, and we're glad you see that we are moving as *intentionally* fast as we can without sacrificing the care. We're honored you're a part of the story too!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream job

Jan 27, 2021 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Humility runs deep in the leadership which makes an obvious impact. The company benefits show that they don't just say they care for you but show they care for you. It is a positive and inclusive environment that spurs hard work and creativity.

Cons

Lofty goals and remote culture makes you need to create boundaries around work life balance.

10 people found this review helpful

VP People

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I'm so thrilled to know you appreciate our benefits, and can 100% empathize with how you frame the cons. We are working on some very lofty goals this year with a team in many time zones. If you ever need support on setting boundaries around work hours, I encourage you to chat with your People Business Partner, your direct manager, or connect with Bravely! Thanks again for the kind of feedback that makes me smile 🙌🏽.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Real leadership and transparency

Jun 25, 2020 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that genuinely cares about you as a human being, not just an employee or a "resource". I'm constantly blown away by the leadership team who actually practice servant leadership. There's no ego at the top and there's real transparency when it comes to sharing priorities/ updates with the rest of the team. The benefits and perks are outstanding and the compensation is beyond what I've experienced at any other startup of this size. I am especially proud of Webflow after seeing how our leadership handled the COVID 19 shut down and economic downturn as well as the racial tensions bubbling up in the US. Webflow practiced extraordinary kindness when it came to ensuring employee wellbeing and took action when it came to making a commitment to DEI and education. No virtue signaling, no empty statements, just action. I feel so incredibly fortunate to be part of this team, especially during these turbulent times.

Cons

Typical growing pains for a startup where processes and structure can be painful to put in place, especially when you were a very small team not that long ago.

13 people found this review helpful

VP People

Wow, thanks for making our Monday! I'm personally honored that you feel so confident in our leadership team- and we are grateful to you and all our team mates for giving feedback and rallying behind all these important (even if unexpected) initiatives that 2020 has challenged us with. And regarding the growing pains, 100% yes these are valid concerns. What worked for us as a team of 50 doesn't always work for our team of 175 today, and as we continue to grow, we will see more of these. I invite you continue to provide feedback, whether here on Glassdoor, in our next team survey, or even a Slack message to me. This feedback is incredibly important so we can continue to invest in the good things and solve for the pain points in a way that supports our dual missions- the goal is to continue to grow in the right direction even if the growing pains are at times, well, painful. Thanks again for the feedback!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming

Oct 26, 2020 - Remote Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Here are my top 10 favorite things about working at Webflow (in no particular order): 1. It's a real rocket ship story and I get to be on it. I worked at other startups that were fun but these numbers are scary impressive. In this bad economy I feel lucky to a place that isn't doing layoffs. 2. Most people are really really kind. My manager cares about me as a person and my teammates with are understanding even when I mess up. (we have some very negative people who are very loud but it's only a few grumpy people compared to all the really great people). 3. I get to work remote always and I'm pretty sure every job can do this (and this isn't a COVID thing, it's an always thing) 4. The perks are ridiculously good. When I tell my friends and family what we get mouths literally drop and people want to work here. What other company gives you almost $600 a month for remote office productivity and wellness? 5. Our leaders really listen. Every week they answer questions at our all hands meeting, they ask for feedback in a company survey, ask for feedback in weekly syncs, and more. And most companies wouldn't even do this but Webflow does and then I actually see changes and improvements to a lot of the things over time, especially related to helping disabled people and remote people follow along with things. Thanks for removing that noisy away channel from feedback! 6. I mentioned above most people are kind but some are not (and they are loud) and I'm so inspired to see how kind the responses are to these people. I'd want to roll my eyes at some of the requests and questions but they find a way to be tactful and fair and it's a good role modeling for me as I grow in my career. 7. The product is actually really cool and helping people create businesses- and we starting highlighting more customer impact recently so we get to see the real stories of how we are helping people. 8. The people ops team brings in great speakers like Ibram X Kendi and Kim Scott and we get to learn about things that matter from the people who wrote the book on them. I feel like I can learn whatever I need if I take advantage of all these opportunities. 9. Because we are growing a lot I am confident I will grow a lot too. Not just money and titles but also exposure to a growing business and on the job learning which excites me more. 10. Last but probably most important is that I really believe in our mission. It feels like I can work for a for profit company and still do real good in the world. We can actually improve the world and its economy for so many people who can't code and I am just happy to be here on that journey with you all.

Cons

I don't have 10 cons, but I can think of 3: 1. We have an ambitious mission and vision and it's a lot to do to get there. Someone we say yes to too many things and then people feel overloaded (like me). And as a result (see #2 and #3) 2. Sometimes it feels like work piles up on my plate. I really like the work I'm doing and it's easy to get sucked in and work longer hours. No one is requiring me to work longer hours and my manager tries to help me prioritize but because I believe in #1 and I know we're hiring people I still end up working more than I should. I hope this is temporary (so this is kind of on me). 3. We say yes to so many things and people that some things are confusing- like all the people who use Dropbox Paper vs. Google Docs and then I don't know where anything is. We need a better flow of information.

9 people found this review helpful

VP People

Wow, thanks for making my Monday! I am thrilled to learn that the pros outweigh the cons for you, and we are certainly working on the areas you listed as cons. I'd encourage you to connect with your manager and the People team to provide more direct input on flow of information and what works best for you as that's certainly something we are investing in for 2021 as we know there is a lot of information flowing in multiple channels.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Warm and inclusive team, badass product

Jan 27, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great, driven team - Thriving, engaged community due to ultra-valuable product - Great perks, compensation - Amazing annual trip, when not COVID times - Lots of challenging, fulfilling work

Cons

- Certain leaders don't always create psychologically safe spaces - Smaller seat at the table the bigger the company grows

3 people found this review helpful

VP People

Thanks for sharing your candid feedback, and so glad the pros outweigh the cons for you. We are growing quickly, and I can empathize with the feelings that come with that. I hope you identify meaningful opportunities in your role within the changing landscape of the team, and consider trying Donut chats or requesting time with a specific leader if you want to connect with more people across the company. As far as the pysch safety part goes, I hope you feel safe working with your People Business Partner or manager to provide feedback/get support, and remember Bravely is here if you want to confidentially explore strategies for navigating challenging workplace relationships.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

AMAZING

Jan 27, 2021 - Growth
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best Job I’ve had in the SaaS space. Remote friendly.

Cons

Work life balance at times

1 person found this review helpful

VP People

Thanks for the kind words, former Webflower! It's great to know that even though you are no longer an active member of the team you still support us ☺️

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Aug 12, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent work/life balance. - Incredibly talented team who cares about their craft. - Everyone's very friendly. - Flexible time zones, so you can live just about anywhere you want (quite a few people at the company are traveling around the world as of this review). - Flexibility around what kind of problems you'd like to work on. - Compensation plan is amazing. - Code is generally clean & easy to understand.

Cons

- Code in many areas feels like alienware. Very well thought out, but doesn't follow popular JavaScript conventions, and sometimes hard to follow.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Best job I'll ever have

May 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Webflow is an incredible place to work. The founding team is a brilliant mix of talents and backgrounds that have come together to form the perfect leaders of the Webflow product and team. I cannot stress enough how each individual not only is a ridiculously skilled in their position, but every employee is kind and supportive to everyone else. And the founders have set forth an environment where we can all maintain ownership over our responsibilities, but have support and structure when needed. There is a very strong positive culture here that makes being a part of this company even more special.

Cons

Only downside is that we are still figuring out the right balance of management/individualism as we grow.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Strong team dynamics

May 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applaud the founders' eye at hiring. I have never worked at a company where every individual is very good at doing the job they were hired for. It makes it easier as everyone is drinking the kool-aid (in a good way) on our vision. - Great team - Flexible working situation (remote, work from home, etc.) - Great perks - Yearly retreat (Tahoe, San Diego, Cancun, Portugal, etc.) - Independence and a pretty flat hierarchy

Cons

- Normal growing pains as the company is establishing OKRs.

9 people found this review helpful