Workbridge Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Milano

Pros
  • I started as an entry level employee right out of college, and was taught how to become a business man in New York (in 25 reviews)

• Excellent training program and opportunity for growth (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • 33k, which is slightly lower than other entry-level jobs (in 13 reviews)

• Cold calls all day every day from people who don't want to use your specialized service (in 11 reviews)

1. "Training & Opportunity for Advancement"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Leadership team is highly invested in training and coaching junior people. If you put in the effort and come in every day with a positive attitude, your work will be rewarded - both monetarily, and in career growth.

Cons

Limited flexibility in work hours.

2. "Incredible Growth/ Business Knowledge"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Management, Strong vertical, challenging environment- fuels growth of business skills

Cons

Overtime hours, self driven, ups and downs

Advice to Management

Continue to teach and tell

"Great Training, Transferable Skills, No Handouts"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workbridge has a robust training program and a management staff that is super knowledgeable, supportive and motivated to develop staff. There is a ton of upward mobility, which is very clearly spelled out.

Even if recruiting or sales aren't what you end up doing for the rest of your life, you gain skills here that are incredibly valuable in any business setting.

Cons

There is a ton of opportunity at Workbridge, but you this isn't a get rich quick type of opportunity. You can make great money and get take on a lot of responsibility quickly, but you have to earn it.

"Great 1st Step into Recruiting"

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you tools upon tools to learn the business and grow. Some believe that the best way to learn is to get thrown in head first and this company takes that to heart, ie. sink or swim.

Cons

Horrible work/life balance.
    There was clear division with management and senior management.

Advice to Management

Need better transparency within management.

"Great training, but don't get sucked in"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for over a year in the DC office and my experience was mostly positive. A sales job first and foremost, you will be constantly competing against your peers and you will be given ample training. You can get lucky, of course, but sustainable success and development takes a ton of hard work, but they do a great job teaching you and working with you to develop your skills. Great place to stay for a year or so and then take your skills (and the network that you develop) elsewhere where the pay and overall environment is better.

Cons

Terrible pay- seriously, until you make management, be ready to be poor.
    Absolutely awful office culture. All political.
    Outdated technology
    Extremely cut-throat.

"Good Opportunity for recent grads, but I wouldn't stay very long"

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Will hire recent grads with zero experience
     - You will go though training, and receive coaching. They will help you build a basic recruitment skillset
     - Fun group of people, lots of happy hours
     - If you're really good at the job, you can make a lot of money
     - Great health benefits

Cons

- Really high turnover. Lots of people who lasted less than 5 months
     - Insane amount of micromanagement. People looking over your shoulder, asking what you're doing if they don't hear your fingers typing constantly. When I got on calls my manager would have me repeat everything the client said back to him, and then say his response word for word as he said it - on a live call in real time. It was bananas.
     - Culture issues. It was a every man for himself, lots of arguments and petty back stabbing. Stealing leads and stealing placements. The dynamic of Jobspring being a "friendly competitor" was problematic.
    - Zero work life balance. There was an overriding mentality, that if you're committed to success you'll show up early, leave late, work through every single lunch, and source outside of work. It was a 55-60 hour week for me.
     - Base salary is low (livable, but very low) and the commission structure is unusual. Instead of receiving commissions, they are packaged together incrementally into small hourly raises. (ex. placement #5 = small bump in hourly rate, #10 another bump, etc.)
     - Company doesn't give you a lot of tools for success. The CRM is the worst I've every worked with, not even close. 1 LinkedIn Recruiter seat shared with a team of 4-6 people. Nobody has a direct line. Your laptop options are the Lenovo brick, and that's it.

Advice to Management

You need to empower a better work/life balance, and find a way to let recruiters eat what they kill (at least part of it, give us a nibble).
    Training is important, but people need to be given the space to grow and learn. Micromanagement wastes the time of your managers, and frustrates your employees.
    Be more inclusive to employees that aren't a Lead or above

8. "Fairest Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job isn't for everyone but it's the fairest job and fairest company that I've ever worked for. I get to work hard every day and manage a team of people that I genuinely care about; the relationships that you build with the team/office/region is really unparalleled and lets me enjoy going to work every day.

I personally get bored with jobs as soon as I figure out my system but every day is different and although there are ups and downs I get a ton of satisfaction out of what I do. Once again, this job isn't for everyone and there is turnover like any other sales/recruiting job, but the company isn't so solely metrics-driven that they just cut the bottom 10% like other agencies do. Even if one of my trainees doesn't end up working out, we take a lot of pride in still giving them skills that they can take and apply to whatever they choose to be great at. There is training and mentorship and accountability at a level that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Cons

You're not going to make a ton from the jump and probably won't make the expected "sales" money until a year or so in. It's about delayed gratification and skill building and trust the process. You're not going to have the best work-life balance until you really build out your network and put in the investment but the rewards are great. If you do those things and have good leadership (which this company has), you're going to be surrounded by people that are going to push you and compete with you but also support you and understand everything that you're going through.

9. "Solid career start"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Strong training in Sales, Account Management, Technology and recruitment
    + Young office culture, fun coworkers/environment
    + Not sure of other offices but in Irvine the managers seemed legitimately trying to grow my skills
    + When i moved back to Arizona, software companies really liked my skill set/experience for sales - multiple offers
    + I saw a couple people get promoted, seems like there is some upward mobility

Cons

- not on commission and hard to live on the salary they offer unless you live at home
    - it isn't easy, you'll probably put in some hours. My buddies told me to quit a few times when i couldn't hang out because i had to get caught up on work
    - if you want a straight forward intro job to HR, you'll grow skills but probably wont like the sales aspect to the role. I have a friend who quit 2 months in, wasn't for her.

Advice to Management

Try to get people up and running quickly to raise their salary b/c its hard to live on. I liked local management and the new VP seemed to instill some great new things. That being said, its a solid company - you'll just get underpaid if your good until you make lead (i would guess).

"Your average recruitment agency"

Former Employee - Development in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Development in Dallas, TX

I worked at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your piled into a room with other candidates who are junior and below qualification. They never explain the full role and like all things its a recruitment numbers game. I regret not running in the other direction when they came calling.

Cons

Like all agencies, its a numbers game. They put you through a phone screening and have you Skype with a bunch of recruiters to see if your marketable and pleasing. Your resume is cycled around clients and unfortunately should have turned down the offer. The manager was very push and did not press for higher pay request. I was mislead when I found that the bonus structure at the clients was not as promised. They were a failed organization that basically was a revolving door. (People being switched, canned or leaving).

11. "Good First Job Out of College"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Workbridge Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great entry level job where you can learn a lot and make friends. They have a great training programing, and it will prepare you well for any sales or recruiting job after. This is the perfect just out of college job for someone who can handle sales and cold calling.

Cons

Salary is lower than the industry average, and you do not make commission until you are a Lead Recruiter, which can take over a year and a half.

Advice to Management

You need to raise the base salary if you want better retention rates. You could also do smaller raises after every 2 deals, rather than after 4. This way, recruiters will feel like they have accomplished something sooner and will be more likely to stay. Also, I think recruiters should get a small bonus when their candidates are placed ($50-$100 depending on the size of the deal), to encourage full desk recruiters to spend more time bringing in great candidates in addition to new business. I also think your manager should take you out to lunch after your first full desk deal, as this is a big accomplishment, and not everyone wants to celebrate by taking shots. It will also help build the relationship between PM and Recruiter.