Workbridge Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Workbridge Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

it was fairly easy. 1-phone interview. 2-in person interview with 2-3 people. 3- awkward role play. 4- job offer. Its very easy to ace this interview, all you have to do is talk to them and its not very formal or anything. they were all very nice and the only hard part was the 3rd step and that was because it was so awkward you have to pretend to be a recruiter at workbridge and they had three people pretend to be 'clients' to determine if you could do this in the future because that is what you need to do in the future. If you have no idea what to do with your life starting here is a good place because the tech field is booming right now and because this is a sales position they will hire anyone with a degree.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into recruiting   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was a three round interview process. There was a first round phone call, a second round meeting, and a third round presentation in their office. It was very straight forward and they give you preparation material for the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why should a company work with you as a staffing agency?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was required to come to their office for a pre interview before they would represent me. This interview turned out to be a fishing expedition to gather information about my current employer. They were pushy and wanted my current bosses name and phone number.

I would not provide this information, the interview ended and I have not heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Who is your current employer and what is their phone number. I want to call them now and offer our services.   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1. Phone screen, fairly casual, Step 2. In-Person with 2 Practice managers, Step 3. Call back to see if you are still interested. Step 3. Presentation in front of 2 practice managers and regional they would move forward with.

I rate this as a neutural experience. Some of the positives: They were very kind, explained the job description extremely well, seemed to have a good training structure in place, went through the interview process quickly. Negatives: They were not on time with interviews. I arrived 5-10 minutes early like you are supposed to and my interview wouldn't start until 10-20 minutes later. Once one recruiting manager left, it would take about 15 minutes for the new recruiter to come in. I also had to prompt them to send me a confirmation e-mail about my scheduled date and time for the in-person interview. They did an excellent job describing what their company does and the day to day activities, but they seemed to consider the fact that I was applying to other companies a big negative. Usually, good companies like to know that you are interviewing at other places, which has been my experience, because it shows you are not assuming you will get the position and you don't look as desperate. Also, it shows you are willing to hustle. Instead, they wanted someone who was interviewing for only their company. Well, for a college student with a major that businesses do not see as extremely applicable, you have to cast a wide net and apply to a lot of different companies because you can't always get your first choice or your favorite career right off the bat. Another negative was their minimization of the high turn-over rate and the difficulty to advance within the company. I would actually consider this to be the biggest problem. I asked them: What percentage of entry level IT recruiters make it to upper-management? They told me 1-2%. That means that most people are stuck in a position getting paid below market rate for an IT recruiting position (only 38,000/year with only getting bonus every 5 deals). According to the employee reviews on glassdoor, people are actually getting paid $5,000 less than this, which is quite surprising. I also read another glassdoor review that said the lead recruiters and the managers would make money off of the entry level recruiter's deals, because they were in charge of the team and would take credit for things. I consider this extremely unethical. The lead recruiter salary was $80,00/year, Practice Manager salary was $100,000-$150,000/year, Division manager-$200,000/year, and the Regional Director ($300,000+ year). I feel that they would have better employee retention if they cut the pay slightly for higher level management and used that money to pay entry level employees better. I figured that they were having trouble deciding on choosing me and I probably wouldn't get an offer, but I had made the decision I would not take it even if I did, because their practices were just too unethical for me. I then asked the practice manager, how long do most people stay in the position? Paraphrasing what she told me: "At about the 6 month mark, people will decide if they want to leave or we will let people go." She minimized this problem: "But of course, that is expected at any company." Well, I would say not exactly. For one, if you are paying employees better and have greater benefits, this wouldn't be the case. When I was in the waiting room, I also could hear the managers micro-managing the entry level recruiters. I almost never leave reviews, but I feel that I am actually being generous by giving this company a neutral review. I doubt management at this company will improve their practices, but maybe they will consider it. Make the interview process more professional and pay your employees better. Also, don't let them go so quickly! Give them a chance.

Interview Questions

• Other recruiting tech companies that have much better benefits and incentives.   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Interview

Interview

It is a staffing agency. They will call you in their office for an in-person interview. It is a waste of time. They will tell you that they have many clients & job openings.
    When my discussion/interview was over, the recruiter looked impressed and assured me that she will get back to me with few opportunities. I did not receive a single opportunity.

Please don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral / HR types questions to know where do you fit & what are your expectations.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by one of their recruiter by phone, asked about my background. Set up interview few days after, talked to a couple people. Most of them are friendly, just asking background information.

Interview Questions

• -Did you work on any back-end?
      -Did you work on any solo project?   Answer Question

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three people that ask the same questions that are a complete waste of time. At the very end they get to why they dragged you there: 'what other companies are you interviewing with?' Which roughly translates to: "give me all of your leads so I can talk to those companies later and tell them why they should work with us instead of hiring you". Job seekers beware do NOT give the, any leads. I feel like I wasted my references time with these people.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

The entire interview took about an hour. There were two interviews. One with the manager and one with the lead recruiter. They were both friendly and not too intimidating. It was obvious that everyone who works in the office is very young. The interview was more of a casual conversation, not extremely formal. We went over the specifics of the company and salary and then they asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• What are are three words that your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I got a phone screen and then a skype interview and then an in person interview. it went very fast and it was relatively easy. Everyone was nice and open and they were all very positive every time I talked or met with anyone.

Interview Questions

• What do you value in your day to day life?   1 Answer

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First was a 30 minute phone screening. Phone screening discussed your resume and told a lot of info about the company. From there an on-site interview was scheduled. Very relaxed interview and very conversational. The second in-person interview was a mock interview/presentation. Lasted a long time and was asked a lot of questions.