Workbridge Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

After a few rapid-fire phone calls, your consultant will bring you in for a short review. It's all pretty business-like, and rarely seems to take more than 15 minutes.

On the first phone call, I was asked whether I would be interested in a certain type of work.

On the second, I ran through my resume, and answered a few short questions about it.

On the third call, I specified my relative willingness to take certain positions at several companies.

During the interview, I gave a short assessment of my skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• "How would you rate you abilities on this resume?"   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Will recommend NOT to do business with.

Got an introduction to a recruiter through a colleague. Had a phone interview, with confirmation, lined up with recruiter where they were supposed to call me. Time comes and goes. More than 5 minutes late and I call them. Get a message the recruiter is busy, on another line. I ask for the recruiter to call me back ASAP because we have an appointment and I reserved time for them.

Half hour later a jr. recruiter calls me. Explains our appointment was passed off on their plate.

Extremely rude considering 1) we had an appointment, and 2) we were connecting because of my colleague's referral.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to chat?   1 Answer

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and professional. The 1:1 interviews are really to find out if the candidates will fit in well with the culture at Workbridge. It's a very young, energetic staff, and everyone I met was outgoing and easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself being successful at this company and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

We met at 7 in the morning and the person ditched me. Waited for 15 minutes but no one answered the phone and the office is locked. Don't waste your time here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

The recruiter man is very rude!!!!! After hearing I need sponsorship in the future, he hung up phone directly.
    Very very very bad phone interview experience. This is the worst interview I have had.

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

A former employee referred me for the position. I sent my resume to them and the Lead Marketing Specialist contacted me for a quick phone screen. I was set up with an in-person interview with the manager. The questions were related to work ethic, previous experience, and passion for competitiveness and team work. The interview was a conversation style and very easy going. I felt like I could relate to the manager during the conversation and felt excited about what the role had to offer. The manager really sold the potential at the company as the pay was little but you could make a lot in commission. You did not need prior experience to get the job but you do need to be outgoing, passionate, and drive to make it in a sales type of environment.

Interview Questions

• The questions were around my past experience and how it relates to succeeding in a competitive environment.   1 Answer

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

You come in and interview with 2 people (who don't even work on the same team). They then tell you to come up with a job pitch to perform in front of them as though you were giving the speech to a potential candidate. It has to be 3-5 minutes long, and you have to have specific speaking points that they've outlined. Then you talk to the main boss and they decide if you did well or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very firm. Not worth it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

2-3 interviews. The first is pretty casual, and the second was a little more intense lasting about 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions, they want to hire people that are outgoing and fit in the environment.   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates.

Interview

Applied through Craigslist for the position, received a call from the Division Manager. After the phone interview I met with the DM's and RD for the offices of both Workbridge and Jobspring. These interviews seemed a little unplanned and the questions I was asked seemed irrelevant to a recruiting position, but definitely geared toward entry level sales/behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the people I met with really wanted to talk about Greek life at their college campus, which was odd because I was not in a fraternity or sorority in school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they offer a base salary (30k) with a path to raises and perks based on your placements.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workbridge Associates (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1. Phone screen, fairly casual, Step 2. In-Person with 2 Practice managers, Step 3. Call back to see if you are still interested. Step 3. Presentation in front of 2 practice managers and regional they would move forward with.

I rate this as a neutural experience. Some of the positives: They were very kind, explained the job description extremely well, seemed to have a good training structure in place, went through the interview process quickly. Negatives: They were not on time with interviews. I arrived 5-10 minutes early like you are supposed to and my interview wouldn't start until 10-20 minutes later. Once one recruiting manager left, it would take about 15 minutes for the new recruiter to come in. I also had to prompt them to send me a confirmation e-mail about my scheduled date and time for the in-person interview. They did an excellent job describing what their company does and the day to day activities, but they seemed to consider the fact that I was applying to other companies a big negative. Usually, good companies like to know that you are interviewing at other places, which has been my experience, because it shows you are not assuming you will get the position and you don't look as desperate. Also, it shows you are willing to hustle. Instead, they wanted someone who was interviewing for only their company. Well, for a college student with a major that businesses do not see as extremely applicable, you have to cast a wide net and apply to a lot of different companies because you can't always get your first choice or your favorite career right off the bat. Another negative was their minimization of the high turn-over rate and the difficulty to advance within the company. I would actually consider this to be the biggest problem. I asked them: What percentage of entry level IT recruiters make it to upper-management? They told me 1-2%. That means that most people are stuck in a position getting paid below market rate for an IT recruiting position (only 38,000/year with only getting bonus every 5 deals). According to the employee reviews on glassdoor, people are actually getting paid $5,000 less than this, which is quite surprising. I also read another glassdoor review that said the lead recruiters and the managers would make money off of the entry level recruiter's deals, because they were in charge of the team and would take credit for things. I consider this extremely unethical. The lead recruiter salary was $80,00/year, Practice Manager salary was $100,000-$150,000/year, Division manager-$200,000/year, and the Regional Director ($300,000+ year). I feel that they would have better employee retention if they cut the pay slightly for higher level management and used that money to pay entry level employees better. I figured that they were having trouble deciding on choosing me and I probably wouldn't get an offer, but I had made the decision I would not take it even if I did, because their practices were just too unethical for me. I then asked the practice manager, how long do most people stay in the position? Paraphrasing what she told me: "At about the 6 month mark, people will decide if they want to leave or we will let people go." She minimized this problem: "But of course, that is expected at any company." Well, I would say not exactly. For one, if you are paying employees better and have greater benefits, this wouldn't be the case. When I was in the waiting room, I also could hear the managers micro-managing the entry level recruiters. I almost never leave reviews, but I feel that I am actually being generous by giving this company a neutral review. I doubt management at this company will improve their practices, but maybe they will consider it. Make the interview process more professional and pay your employees better. Also, don't let them go so quickly! Give them a chance.

Interview Questions

• Other recruiting tech companies that have much better benefits and incentives.   Answer Question