Working Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Working Solutions President Kim Houlne
Kim Houlne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "I have no Cons for this company" (in 34 reviews)

• "Sometimes hours you want to work are not available/ slow seasons equals low hours" (in 11 reviews)

"Love It!"

Current Employee - Senior Resource Manager in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Resource Manager in Chester, VA

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best Job In The World!

Cons

Not Enough Hours! Need more...

Sep 24, 2018 – CMO

Thank you so much for your review. And I would expect in the last month you have started to pick up lots of hours. We have several new programs starting so keeping looking on the Vyne.

2. "Been working with them for over 5 years"

I worked at Working Solutions part-time

Pros

Great Training up front about needs and hours and great resources

Cons

Don't take everything into account when making personnel changes holds issues against you that were out of your control and make up things in regards to how a decision is made and no credit given where due

Advice to Management

Please look at the whole picture prior terminating a person

Sep 27, 2018 – CMO

I am sorry for your outcome. Our operations people really work with all of our agents to understand if there are extenuating circumstances and we try, whenever possible to look at the whole picture.

"By far the best company i have EVER worked for!"

Current Employee - Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that our voices can be heard. I love that my opinion matters. I love that the company stands by the "Do the right thing" mentality. Aside from the fact that there are SO MANY perks to working from home, (my clothes budget is non existent, i do not spend money on gas or car repairs/maintenance, I get to be home with my 4 legged friends) I also love the culture of this company. The CEO is a wonderful human being! I have never worked at a company where the CEO is so approachable, listens to employees and treats everyone as equals. If every company were this wonderful, the world would be a better place.

Cons

For me, the only downside is I rarely leave my house. Now that there is grocery delivery, I don't need to-haha!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You are doing such a great job!

Jul 25, 2018 – CMO

I am so glad you are having such a good experience and have let us know. We appreciate you, what you do for our clients and their customers every day...and for taking the time to give us feedback and... More

"Love Working Solutions"

Current Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at WS care about agent success, they are always looking teaching opportunities. I find most all of the team that assist agents really want to help not criticize. You must be willing to commit to following all of the rules of your contract.

Cons

Like job, there are some "managers" (resources) that are easier to work with than others, though they are all there to help and want you to succeed.

Jul 26, 2018 – CMO

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We so appreciate that you recognize how much we really do care about our agents being successful. Thank you for what you do for our clients and their... More

"A Joke of A Job/ Contract With A Place For Mom"

Current Employee - Senior Resource Coordinator
    Current Employee - Senior Resource Coordinator

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time

Pros

There Are no pros and no benefits

Cons

This job purposely sets you up to fail. As a coordinator, they want you to transfer as many leads to the advisors as possible. Then when you have a high percentage of doing that they find another way of setting you up to fail by saying well those you transferred werent a good lead and the advisor couldnt get money out of them. so when they look at the leads vs those they could use, and its a low percentage they fire you. They want you to be responsible and accountable for percentages you have no control over. Hence a very high turnover and reasons they dont have to pay you. Every week they hire an extra 30 reps thru contracts, then NEVER have enough hours for the reps to meet their minimum of working 20 hrs. You have to compete with other reps to get the 20 hours you need then you dont get them. They tell you to sign up for as many hours as you want, but control the number of hours you can sign up for. And then the kicker, each week, they ask people to give up hours because they cant afford to pay you. Nevermind you met the 20 hours you wer supposed to work. Its a brainless job , callling wrong numbers all day, dealing with rude people on the phone who purposely curse you out and dealing with the rude advisors they they want you to field calls for. Its a worthless ,thankless non-job job. Its a joke .If you get fired, feel thankful. Dont waste your time applying. They can't really help customers find living options. They lie about alot. Move to the next job.

Aug 20, 2018 – CMO

I'm sorry you are having such a negative experience with us, that is certainly not the norm. It sounds like this might not be the right opportunity for you. I would be happy to discuss further with... More

"Corporate travel consultant"

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, can make a lot of money.

Cons

Management hard to deal with at times, out of touch with consultants and pay is not always correct. Constant changes are making it harder to do job.

Jul 26, 2018 – CMO

We appreciate your feedback; it is quite mixed. There are lots of resources you can tap into if you have any administrative issue...just go on the Vyne and you can find lots of people to help.

"Customer Service Rep"

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company for a work at home position. Management provides great support, continuous feedback to help you improve. Opportunity to work for multiple companies.

Cons

None except sometimes hours are fewer during summer months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jul 9, 2018 – CMO

Thank you for your review and feedback. You are right, some of our programs require fewer hours over the summer and some require more; it just depends on the particular program. We really appreciate... More

"Overloaded with technical issues/ glitches"

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Working Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility comes with limited availability of hours. If you don't mind 18-20 hour work week this job is for you.

Cons

I experienced technical issues during a scheduled work day. Despite the fact I was logged in for 3 hours, it was deemed as unpaid. I tried to dispute it but their technical "ServiceOne" team refused my request. I imagine them laughing all the way to the bank. This is poor and unfair treatment. I am considering reporting this company to the department of Workforce Commission and Department of Labor due to the experience I had. Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive practices.

Leadership doesn't communicate efficiently and requests are often ignored, or delayed.
     No health/medical benefits.

Pay is low, especially if you are experienced.

Advice to Management

Hire competent folks in leadership positions. I've worked as an Sr. Auditor for another company for many years and decided try this as part time and clearly this company is missing skilled professionals that delegate in a diplomatic manner.

Jul 17, 2018 – CMO

I'm sorry that you had this experience. As a contractor, I am sure you are aware that you are your own boss/company, make your own hours and therefore have no benefits.

When there are broad... More

"Best of the Best and it Shows!"

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time

Pros

Work from Home
    Talented Colleagues
    Amazing Benefit Packge
    Professional Development
    Competitive Salary

Cons

Work-Life Balance can be challenging but that is not a company issue.

May 29, 2018 – CMO

Thank you so much for your review and feedback...it is very much appreciated!

"After 7 years, I moved on."

I worked at Working Solutions full-time

Pros

The flexibility of when I wanted to work is what kept me here for 7 years.

Cons

The pay is pretty bad if you have any experience in the travel industry. The sad part is that they don't teach you enough unless you are self taught about sabre to be able to really get out there and market yourself for a career in travel. This was a temp job that turned to long term for me. I was harassed at least on a weekly bases for the first few years about working more hours when I was making my minumum. They would pull accounts from me and i would have to email them which takes a long time because they rarely responded to ask for the accounts back. It was a constant struggle with the turnover and lack of communication with the management team. In the end I was heart broken I took some personal time off and they basically booted me after 7 years and did not care about me, try to fight for me or let me have a little time off after 7 years of hard work. I have beenin travel since 1992. I should have felt like I was an asset to them, they should have tried harder to keep me and they really needed me. I was cleaning up all the work from agents who had no idea what they were doing and never worked in travel before. Lastly, in 7 years I had no raise. Yep, no raise.

Advice to Management

I hear people are leaving, great agents with experience. I say you look at these senior agents and keep them, you need them. I would call up previous agents and offer a RAISE to come back, because that will be the only way this will be long lasting. Those agent errors are horrible payouts that are unnecessary.

May 29, 2018 – CMO

Thank you for your review and for contracting with us for 7 years. We wish you the best of luck.