Working Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Working Solutions President Kim Houlne
Kim Houlne

Pros
  • This is a great company with tons of work from home opportunities (in 97 reviews)

• The ability to schedule flexible hours (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • In MY experience there are no cons dealing with the company nor the people (in 28 reviews)

• Sometimes hours you want to work are not available/ slow seasons equals low hours (in 10 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Real- Time Adherence Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Real- Time Adherence Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Working Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the overall feel of the company/atmosphere! Our CEO Mrs. Kim Houlne is one of the most genuine and caring women I have met, she's very professional and family-oriented!!!

Cons

In MY experience there are no cons dealing with the company nor the people!

Advice to Management

Thank you for letting all of our voices be heard!

May 22, 2017 – CMO

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback and review...we really appreciate it! The culture of the company comes from the CEO on down and we are fortunate to have a really great and caring ... More

"Work at Home Doesn't Get Better Than This"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Cobb, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Cobb, CA

I have been working at Working Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Working Solutions for 6 years and have worked many projects. The people are fantastic, friendly, supportive and helpful. I have never had a problem or negative experience with Working Solutions. The training is extremely rigorous with a lot of information crammed into a short period of time but it is excellent and definitely will separate the wheat from the chaff. If you are there to learn and excel, you will love the challenge. The projects are interesting and you really feel like you are part of a team. Working Solutions should not be relied upon to totally support your monthly income although if you are working 2 projects it is doable. Yes, sometimes the hours do not meet the minimum required on the contract that is signed. It isn't that they over hire but they do need to make sure they keep up with the client's demand and sometimes this requires adding additional agents to make sure there are always enough agents available to work the hours the client needs.People get sick, cancel hours and, with any job, there is always turnover. So, hiring additional agents beyond the actual need is necessary to keep the client happy and make sure we keep our excellent reputation in the business place.

Cons

I have no cons at all. I love this company!

Advice to Management

One thing that would be nice is to reach out to agents who reach milestones within the company - such as achieving the 5 year mark, etc. Perhaps do something nice for them or at least some sort of acknowledgement would be nice.

Feb 9, 2017 – CMO

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your detailed understanding of being an agent with Working Solutions. We appreciate you and what you do for our clients and their customers! Also we ... More

"Run don't walk away"

Former Employee - Remote Services Technician in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Remote Services Technician in Remote, OR

I worked at Working Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being somewhat in charge of your schedule.

Cons

extremely low pay, USED to care about their contractors, hard to fill minimum required hours depending on project

Advice to Management

How about listen and at least fain sympathy or concern when an agent comes to a manager with a concern rather than the first response being "well, maybe this project isn't for you"

"Customer service agent."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Working Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work life balance
    - Paid training
    - Smooth on boarding process
    - Pay was OK,considering your working from home
    - Lots of hours to pick up

Cons

- Ongoing professional training for managers, supervisors and instructors
    - Diversity in the work place training for managers, supervisors and instructors
    - Updated phone system customer could not hear me/ I couldn't hear customer
    - To much homework/ not enough roll play during class time
    - Instructors teaching over WiFi, its not save and the connection was poor which resulted in us being kicked out of the training room on a daily basis.

Apr 13, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for your review. I am sorry things didn''t work out for you and that you had some issues....if you would like to discuss any of those further I can be reached at: grigler@workingsol.com ... More

"great hours good co workers"

Former Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Working Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good leads that care about you

Cons

not alot of hours to choose from

Advice to Management

more hours

Apr 13, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for your review. Some of our programs can be seasonal so the hours fluctuate. We are constanly looking at ways to ensure that our agents have as many hours as they want.

"They refer to you as an independent contractor, but ethically your an employee."

Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Working Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The positions are varied and this is a decent choice for a narrow segment of individuals who aren't able to leave their home due to transportation issues, etc, but want a part-time job.

Cons

Pay is quite low, and there are a large number of "expectations" that are placed on the individuals. Not only in the completion of tasks but how and in what way they are to be completed. Perhaps this developed over time but now it has become a moral question. Training they call "prep" is unpaid but you are given a small stipend if you are successful in completing the session. You are told you will be able to get hours but I found that in most cases it was not possible to get even the minimum hours because of the way you must schedule work time and that it happens at one time of day on one day of the week and if you aren't there at that moment you won't get any hours, often they have the hours set much lower than your requirements meaning you have to try to pick up hours during the course of the week. This makes you a slave to the job constantly trying to hit you requirement.

Advice to Management

The ethics of calling these positions independent contractors is suspect and quite irrational if you actually follow IRS code of what defines an independent contractor. Working Solutions may be an sub-contractor to the organization that contracts to them. However, the individuals that working solutions has must be gauged against IRS rules in determining their status as employee or independent contractor and a document stating you are an independent contractor doesn't make it so. As a number of individuals are feeling a bit mislead with the publicized environment and the working reality that working solutions has from scheduling hours to prep the general feeling is one of being shown a brochure for a destination that hasn't been remodeled for well over a decade.

Mar 27, 2017 – CMO

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience being an independent agent for Working Solutions. Other companies that have the contractor model not only do not pay their agents during training ... More

"Travel Coordinator"

Former Employee - Travel Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Travel Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Working Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at Home. Reasonable pay. The job was very interesting. The trainer had a great personality.

Cons

They had a 25 hour minimum work week. However, I could never find 25 hours in batches of more than 3 hours. It meant I spent my time trying to get my hours in throughout the day. I think this has improved.

Advice to Management

It would have been great if they had us shadow an employee for a day (virtually watch). It was an abrupt jump to the first day taking calls. The mentors were (justifiably) always too busy taking calls themselves to help.

Mar 24, 2017 – CMO

We appreciate the feedback. I am sorry that you felt that you didn't have enough time to prepare, we really spend a lot of time ensuring that our agents feel very confident when they start taking ... More

"Wonderful company, good training"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Utica, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Utica, NY

Pros

Very good training and qualified supervisors. Work will differ according to the contract. I worked for CALTRANS accessing travel habits of those living in California. It was a full time position but short.

Cons

The contracts can be short but you can let them know you're still available for another position.

Advice to Management

None. Supervisors were very qualified and helpful.

Jan 24, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for your review. I am not sure you are referencing our company but we appreciate your feedback.

"Great Virtual Company has Sadly Lost it's Focus..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Working Solutions (More than 8 years)

Pros

Years ago, Working Solutions was a great company to work for which promoted advocacy for its contractors - a great mission statement which most could count on until recently. Flexibility on projects was great and even though the work was virtual, the community was tight knit. Management was open to suggestions and feedback from front-line agents. Working from home a great plus especially for the talented working parent or physically challenged workforce.

Cons

In recent years it appears top brass at this company who for years have promoted a agent advocacy workplace have let bad managers cloud this mission. If something goes wrong and rank and file agents need somewhere to turn, bad managers are finding ways to preclude access to those who should know and can make change. Many top projects are being lost this way at the expense of many peoples jobs and livelihood. These managers are then being allowed to take over even larger projects therefore jeopardizing the jobs of still more agents. When real concerns are brought to these managers, they are silenced, ignored or deflected. Additionally when a concerned contractor with a real issue goes to the head of the company, the agent is referred to a different manager or simply presented with "positive data" in hopes that the agent will go away quietly. In short, the company has lost its focus and no longer promotes it's very important agent advocacy mission which is truly a shame. It not a great place to work if an agent doesn't feel supported, or valued. If you're looking to be heard without bias and expecting action after a legitimate concern is brought to the higher ups, this is not the place for you. Please also note that the weekly bid for hours can also be a source of distress. In recent years it has become increasingly difficult to secure hours to cobble together a livable wage. Just another issue that is being swept under the rug and hushed up after many agents have voiced their concern. Quite sad and the reason many choose to depart including myself.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people THEN TAKE ACTION. Its fine and good to have an open door policy for your rank and file, but if no real investigation is done or action is taken, then it's all for naught. Value your tenured agents, seek their advice and listen to their voices in tandem with your managers. Just as there are bad contractors, there are bad managers who can take down a project. A claim of bullying and mismanagement should be taken seriously, not discounted.

Mar 13, 2017 – CMO

We appreciate your long tenure with Working Solutions and am sorry that you feel the way you do. Businesses change and evolve their services based on the varying client needs. When we modify the way ... More

"Flexible"

Former Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Working Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work from home.

Cons

Low pay, and independent contractor

Advice to Management

Not enough support when dealing with issues

Feb 9, 2017 – CMO

I'm sorry you did not have an optimal experience in working with us but thank you for your feedback. Good luck with your next opportunity.