KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 370 of over 456 reviews

4.4
Workiva CEO Martin Vanderploeg
Martin Vanderploeg
Pros
  • "People: Nearly every person I interacted with at Workiva is truly a gem(in 46 reviews)

• "Great culture, leadership cares about their employees(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no bad things you can say about Workiva(in 30 reviews)

• "No 401k match, seems like they are trying to decrease headcount, and tough to get into(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Workiva

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Workiva and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Best Place To Work For Hands Down

Jan 20, 2021 - Analyst in Ames, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

the people, the culture, the respect and reputation.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of today.

Workiva Response

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear about your experience!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Professional Development, Opportunities are Endless

Jan 4, 2022 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here are a few reasons why I love working here: -Management are truly human and genuinely care -Tons of opportunity for professional development -Collaborative work environment -Above par salary -401K match -Parental leave (I have not seen such a benefit at other companies) -Multiple mental wellness options -Clear goals and feedback

Cons

I’m really happy here and I have not felt this way at a company for a very long time. I feel really lucky to have this opportunity.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Just OK

Jan 9, 2022 - Customer Success in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice, the product is good and well established. There are implementation and renewal teams so as a CS team member you can focus on a more consultative role.

Cons

Pay below market rate for work expected Doesn't seem to be room for growth, lot of people there have had the same job titles for years.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Aug 4, 2021 - Sales in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always looking to improve internal problems and advance the software Culture is the best I've seen in SaaS CEO is the realest dude you'll ever meet Great company overall

Cons

They made me add 20 words so take all of this with a grain of salt. Definitely no GLARING red flags here. Every business ALWAYS has internal challenges that naturally appear with growth and success. This place takes most challenges head on, which is a positive, imo. We do seem to be getting heavy in mid level mgmt DE&I is a focus but the stats showing our current employee breakdown is less than ideal. Hopefully, time and more inclusive recruiting efforts will help. Portions of the business still run in silos and seem to have competing GOALS, still less than any other SaaS company I've worked at. I've referred a few peers and even reached out to internal recruiters only to have referrals get the automated no thanks email hours later, weird...

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Product, Poor Leadership

Dec 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workiva has a great product that is easy to get behind and evangelize. I truly believe our product helps improve our user's lives.

Cons

Tyrannical leadership over the past two years. The company preaches how important it is to be your authentic self while at work, but they only care about the well being of the employees that believe the same way leadership does about DE&I issues, Covid, and other social issues. This is specifically true when it comes to covid, as they don't believe their employees should be free on what they inject (or don't inject) into their bodies. "Be your authentic self at work" has slowly been replaced by "Shut up and fall in line".

2 people found this review helpful

Workiva Response

Thank you for your review. Diversity and inclusion are core values at Workiva and we strive to create a workplace where everyone belongs and knows that they are valued. We desire for our team to represent diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, all of which directly contribute to our innovation and success. You can find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse environment here: workiva.com/careers/diversity-equity-inclusion. In regards to Workiva’s COVID-19 policies, our first priority is to safeguard our employees, customers, and partners. As a tech company, we’re proud that most of our jobs can be done safely and effectively from home. Workiva follows guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as local health authorities to ensure our workplace practices help to keep our employees and onsite visitors healthy and safe. We value your feedback and our door is always open. If you'd like to talk with someone about these concerns, please reach out to us at humanresources@workiva.com.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Dec 2, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Bozeman, MT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership - Great ESPP plan - Well compensated - Very talented engineering org

Cons

- Homegrown employees are almost always paid significantly less - Homegrown employees have a hard time getting promoted within the current system because of the higher standards

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Dec 17, 2021 - Regional Sales Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing, great culture strong leadership

Cons

Expensive solution and lots of competition

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Culture

Oct 29, 2021 - Computer Engineer in Ames, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Everyone is given a lot of responsibility and the work doesn't feel mindless. Everyone is also offered lots of personal freedom. PTO is rarely rejected, even on very short notice. One's own life is given more priority.

Cons

Lacking some of the benefits a bigger company could offer. This is often made up for by yearly bonuses and employee stock options. There are of course lots of small quirks with the company, but ultimately the pros far outweigh the cons

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Rushed and Confusing

Oct 5, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, remote work, nice laptop, some decent people to work with

Cons

Very poor training, especially on the technology side. Although the CSM role has evolved, clients are still grouchy needy people who want you to do every little thing for them and escalate matters when you don't respond in 2 seconds. The entire system itself is overwhelming and makes sense why it was designed the way it was. For where they want you to be, the training is not long, adequate, detailed, or hands on enough to really be successful in their short ramp up time

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love working here!

Nov 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture! Diversity, Management, Flexibility, Pride, Collaborative culture.

Cons

Still growing so many teams are experiencing rapid growth.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 370 Reviews

Workiva Reviews FAQs

Workiva has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 456 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Workiva to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Workiva employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Workiva. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

85% of Workiva employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Workiva 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Workiva to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Workiva Job Seekers