Workiva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Pre-Sales Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Let's face it....interviewing is never easy, but I found that the Workiva interview process was extremely straightforward, efficient and transparent, with open communication throughout the process. It started with a 45-minute phone screen with an internal recruiter and he made me aware that if I moved forward, my next call would be an hour-long video call with the team lead (this is for a remote roll). Moving forward, after the hour-long video call with the team lead, I was notified I would be moved along to the next round and the hiring team did a great job of setting up the next 4 video interviews over the course of 2 days. Each of these next interviewers had different roles / teams so I was prepared to speak about more sales-related concepts with the sales director, technical concepts / demo for other solutions engineers, etc. One of these was a cultural fit interview as well. Hiring reached out after these video calls to see what I thought and they contacted me shortly thereafter to set up a final round on-site interview. I received an offer within a day of the on-site visit.

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and effective. Submitted an application and was contacted three days later to set up an initial phone interview with HR. The next phone interview with the hiring manager and on-site interview followed in quick succession. The questions were designed to subtley uncover character and personality traits, in addition to determining a baseline competence for the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

There was a brief phone introduction, an in-person interview, and then the offer. The interview process was about three hours. It involved a tour of the property (old buildings then), and a twenty to thirty minute talk with several other engineers and managers. The questions were appropriate and the interviewers were respectful and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Some "power" phrase like "What's the most difficult situation you've dealt with in a work environment."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The headhunter negotiated for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in November 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview, there were a couple tech questions and some general questions like "why Workiva". I don't know any further steps for the entire process since I was rejected after phone interview. I was asked to use an online collaborative editor to answer tech questions. The interviewer did give me some hints when I was confusing about what he was asking.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

Short interview regarding resume and personality fit, followed by a longer technical interview that requires hands on coding (in a language of your choice). Introduced to multiple teams, both of which provide their own technical interview problems.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Denver, CO) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, face to face with manager, two one hour Google Hangouts with dev team and architect. I thought it was a laid back, easy process where I got to meet the team and talk about my experience as a developer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something wrong?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in November 2018.

Interview

It was the initial phone interview and the lady was rude and snarky when I told her I was applying to other jobs as well and this wasn't my golden egg of a job choice. So that is a time saver and a great representation of the company.
    She was pissed that I hadn't replied to her email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

Seemed like a decent place in the Denver DTC. Cordial phone interviews. Got to the place I was swarmed with the “nerd culture”. Tried to make small talk during one of the *many* bro interviews. I asked about the broncos and was berated for a good 15 minutes about how I was into “sportsball”. Like guys I get it now - you’re too intelligent to enjoy sports. Thanks.

Also had a few ad hoc interviews with the higher ups. Nothing but condescension and “sorry I scheduled this with you but I don’t have the time.”

Worst part was flying to Denver, going through an arduous interview process, and having to call back no less than three times to find out “oh we don’t have that position anymore.”

Basically this company is a bunch of people who’s ego exceed their mental competence. Sorry to call a spade a spade but that’s all there is here. If you want to submit to privileged people who don’t know what they’re doing - hit that apply button.

Interview Questions

• Start off with a round of 3v1 interviews. They ask ridiculous questions that have zero practicality.   1 Answer
    • 20 problems to be solved on a laptop. Not hard questions, but a lot of them were gotchas that tried to verify I was an “expert” in python.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to move to Denver?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Tempe, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

WebFilings came to my school's career fair, and I happened to give my resume to one of the recruiters at their booth. They contacted me a couple of days later about scheduling an interview for the following week. My interview was conducted by two men, one of whom seemed to be a manager. They started by asking about my resume and reviewing some of my experience. They asked me why I was interested in technology and software, they asked about some of my relevant coursework, and they asked about my extracurriculars. This lasted about 15 minutes, and then they launched into a technical interview that lasted for about 45 minutes. The first two questions weren't bad at all, and I finished them pretty quickly, but the third was pretty confusing, and I asked questions for a good five minutes before trying to solve it. Once they could tell I was struggling with the programming, they changed topics a little bit and asked more general computer science questions. I got an email a week later that was pretty cryptic. It didn't say that they were pursuing other candidates, it just said that they had assembled a team of qualified candidates, and that they invited me to visit their jobs page. I found that pretty strange... I expected them to tell me at least somewhat explicitly that I wouldn't be interviewing again. Instead, they didn't say anything about it, and it came off as pretty passive.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a program that would sort elements based on different keys. Each element would have a certain number of keys, and each key would contain a different data type. They wanted a function that would sort the elements based on whichever key was specified in the arguments.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called and we set up a time for a 1 hour phone interview. During the interview, I was asked to write code in whatever language I was most comfortable in, and answered a series of questions. For each question, once I finished the initial part, I was then asked to tweak the program to make it work for a different solution. The interview was a month or two ago, and I was told that I would hear back within a week, but was never contacted.

Interview Questions

• Given the object below, create a function (Node root), that sums the values of every node in the binary tree represented by root.   Answer Question
    • Write a function(int n) that prints the integers from 1 to n (inclusive). But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”.
      -- This question was altered, and they eventually asked me to make it general for an array of values and a complementary array of Strings to print if the given value was found.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that returns the sum of all of the values in the list.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

was interview by a panel of 4 employees. They asked me about a variety of questions: some were serious and some were more casual getting to know me type questions. interview was about 40 minutes long