Workiva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Workiva

2.9

Sales Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in February 2020.

Interview

Two step interview process. First is a 15 minute phone call followed by an approximately hour long face to face interview. Interviewers are nice and questions are fairly easy. Did not get an offer but my qualifications were slightly askew in relation to the performance tasks of the position. Oh well. Seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what it is that you want to get of this internship experience.   Answer Question

Jun 19, 2020 – HR Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in November 2019.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter and then another call with a manager. They were polite and didn't ask anything too challenging.

A few things stood out. The recruiter made clear that they are having a difficult time hiring senior engineers and even gave examples. When I asked some follow up questions, the manager claimed that his group has 0% attrition and that the company doesn't have any competitors for their core product. Both the recruiter and the manager said that many of their senior engineers have only worked at Workiva.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an ideal team size?   1 Answer

Jan 7, 2020 – HR Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear you had a less than stellar experience. If you would like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out to talentacquisition@workiva.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

30 min Interview with HR Recruiter- General interview gauging interest and reviewing resume. Expect some normal questions like: what is your greatest professional accomplishment?
    1 hour Interview with Manager - Focus on experience managing client. Be ready to talk about challenges you have faced when talking to clients, how you maintain client relationships and how you juggle multiple client relationships at the same time.
    3 hour Final round: A series of general interviews with various managers. Then a case study/test. Your skills writing a business email, ability to teach clients and present will be assessed. If you are good with Excel don't worry about manipulating Workiva's software for the purpose of the test. It's more about being able to learn quickly and then pass that knowledge on to clients.

Overall, a really good interview process. I only declined because of another offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a client was dissatisfied and what you did to address the situation?   Answer Question

Dec 17, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for the feedback! We strive to make sure all candidates are treated with care during the interview process. While we are disappointed you decided to chose another offer we wish you all the best!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in October 2019.

Interview

There was a coding challenge that lasted for about an hour. Once passed, they invited me for an onsite interview which they asked personality questions as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

Workiva Response

Dec 17, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for the feedback! With over 100 interns per year, we strive to make sure everyone has a rewarding experience that prepares them for a successful career.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workiva in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Success Manager and was immediately reached out to by one member of the Talent acquisition team for a phone interview.

After the phone interview I then was reached out to by another talent acquisition member to schedule a second interview with an employee inside of their Customer Success team. I had a technical issue with that interview and was unable to get in contact with the recruiter for a couple of days and was eventually able to send a message to whom I interviewed with 2 days after the interview.

I then was contacted by the 2nd recruiter a week later to set up a series of 6 online interviews. Each interview went well as I have experience is this type of role. After the interviews I sent the recruiter a message thanking her for setting up the interview and have yet to receive any feedback a week later.

I am actively looking for jobs and really enjoyed learning more about this company, but I have no idea based on the pattern of communication what the next steps will be.

I understand that it is difficult to manage the hiring process for many positions at once, but the overall lack of clarity to the steps of the hiring process are very discouraging.

Interview Questions

Workiva Response

Aug 27, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to provide timely communication to all applicants so it is disappointing to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out to talentacquisition@workiva.com

Senior Director Education Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva.

Interview

Recruiter reviewed my background, experience, management style, and the role, over the phone. Very thorough and professional, took a little more than an hour15 minutes. I moved onto the hiring manager for a quick 30-minute review of my experience and the role. I moved onto two interviews with a senior internal report, and a leader in another department. Recruiter very professional, asked a wide variety of questions, looking for experience and fit. Hiring manager very succinct, to the point, reviewed his pain points. Feedback from them was quick, positive and helpful. Other two mixed in that very few questions related to my relative experience and how it applies to the role. Odd question about how I felt about my former CEO at another company? Didn't get to onsite presentation, but was prepared.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a close-knit group before?   1 Answer
    • In this role, out of the list of tasks that you haven't done before, what would be most exciting for you?   1 Answer
    • Has a manager ever given you feedback that stung, but was needed at the time?   1 Answer
    • What did you think of your former CEO?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Workiva (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter and the hiring manager. It was a rather smooth process and I liked being able to meet face to gave but still in a virtual environment. I appreciated the honest answers to my questions and thought the overall interview went really well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a peer, what was the situation and how was it resolved   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva in January 2019.

Interview

I had an opportunity to speak to Andrew who was very friendly and was able to put me at ease right away!

The screening call was meant to be 30 minutes but he was kind enough to go over to ensure we covered everything for both parties. It was really a joy to chat with him to learn about Workiva.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. First an internal recruiter called and we spoke for about an hour. She asked a lot of questions about my experience and what I was looking for. She's very transparent about the roles they were hiring for and the structure of the dev teams. I was then invited to do a video interview with two development managers. They asked appropriate questions that were challenging and when I struggled with a few of the harder ones they were very kind and educational. I didn't make it to the third round of interview since I am a junior developer and they were looking for someone more experienced, but I really appreciate the feedback they provided and it's definitely somewhere I will apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have of object orientated programming?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workiva in November 2018.

Interview

It was the initial phone interview and the lady was rude and snarky when I told her I was applying to other jobs as well and this wasn't my golden egg of a job choice. So that is a time saver and a great representation of the company.
    She was pissed that I hadn't replied to her email.