KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zapproved Reviews

Updated Sep 8, 2021

Found 70 of over 74 reviews

4.0
Zapproved Founder & CEO Monica Enand (no image)
Monica Enand
Pros
  • "The DE&;I initiatives are very sincere(in 5 reviews)

• "Fast paced environment, lots of growth opportunities(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "We're growing and with growth comes growing pains(in 6 reviews)

• "Frequent political drama and backstabbing leads to highly toxic work environment(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

1. 5.0

Great Culture

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapproved makes a significant effort to ensure employees have a positive experience working with the company. It's the first organization I've worked at where the company values aren't just painted on the wall, but they're actually exhibited on a day to day basis. They've done a great job making employees feel like they're actually contributing to the greater good, and at showing how collective growth benefits everyone individually.

Cons

Zapproved is at a critical stage of growth, which can make things a little chaotic at times. Sometimes it's an exciting challenge, and sometimes it's a bit exhausting. Change is common and you have to be adaptable.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love Zapproved!

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Equity & Inclusion is important to them and it shows. Remote First - Most roles are work from home or if you like, the office. Flexible Schedule - I can work with my manager to make a schedule that works for me.

Cons

Can't think of a lot of cons. Lots of change is happening.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent environment in which to "cut your teeth" in the world of modern software development

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Wonderful people, -Great culture, -Fast-paced, agile development environment, -Tons of room to take initiatives and expand your skill set, -Lots of problems to solve (in a good way!)

Cons

As a company, Zapproved really needs to figure out how to provide consistent career growth opportunities for their more ambitious & talented developers. It often seems that the requirements set forth for career advancement opportunities are not realistically achievable in the current role, leaving the employee in a frustrating, catch-22 situation.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible work environment, friendly folks

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible, work almost anywhere - Kind, wonderful coworkers - Autonomy, lots of cool projects - Growth opportunities - Unlimited PTO without the strings or conditions

Cons

- Challenging year coming out of COVID - Pay could be more competitive, especially in the current job market

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Jun 21, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance, Remote Work, Managerial Style.

Cons

No cons at this point

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall best company I’ve worked for

May 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote capabilities, unlimited PTO, transparency company wide

Cons

Since everyone is remote it would be nice to have a work from home stipend, not a whole lot of organic opportunities to build relationships outside of your team

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture & clear path for growth

Mar 5, 2021 - G&A in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I first heard about Zapproved through one of their DE&I lunch series I signed up for while working at a different tech company. I was already impressed by their community initiatives, and now that I work here I can confirm that they walk the talk. For someone that comes from an underrepresented background this was really important for me in my decision to work here. Another thing that is very important to me is opportunity to grow. There has been a clear path for growth in my role. My team and managers really care to see me succeed and it feels genuine. Great benefits, including a "take what you need" approach when it comes to PTO.

Cons

I'm still quite new to the company so I haven't come to any conclusions when it comes to cons. I was one of the first to be hired on fully remote during the pandemic and so I am unable to connect with my team members as I would in person BUT my team has come up with a clear onboarding plan and everyone has been extremely helpful and welcoming along the way.

8. 5.0

Excellent Culture

Mar 4, 2021 - G&A in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zapproved is the most open, transparent and caring company I've every worked for and as an employee I feel valued.

Cons

Not being able to be with the team in the office due to Covid.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

Growing together

Mar 4, 2021 - Vice President Marketing in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clear strategic vision, transparent communication, aggressive growth plan, fast paced and fun, smart people

Cons

With remote work due to Covid the amount of meetings has increased substantially.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Cliquey, lots of scapegoating

Mar 22, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation was competitive, benefits were ok. If you're a senior dev and personable, you'll probably get an easy ride here.

Cons

Anything that goes wrong is blamed on the newest/most junior/least popular team member, and often leads to termination. Saw this multiple times while I was there. Management will claim that they will support transitions to new roles, but really they just expect you to do two jobs at once until they only need you for one (or none at all). Also saw this multiple times. Training is nonexistent, and you will be blamed for failures in hindsight if you don't train yourself. Puts too much expectation on junior team members, then blames/terminates them when it inevitably goes wrong. Senior team members and the loudest voices run the show, regardless of merit.

8 people found this review helpful

Zapproved Response

Chief Product Officer

I’m Chief Product Officer at Zapproved. Based on your post, I can’t tell if you were a part of the engineering organization but you reference senior developers so I wanted to respond. The experience you reference doesn’t reflect the values I have for leading product and engineering so it is concerning to see this feedback. It isn’t clear when you worked for Zapproved but the culture you describe doesn’t match the culture of our team since I arrived in 2019. We rarely see turnover of junior team members and have received positive feedback on the onboarding and training programs we have in place for them. Also, despite a brief pause on training budgets in 2020 due to Covid, we prioritize training and development for all levels of the team. I am saddened to hear of your perspectives on Zapproved so if you would like to discuss your concerns please reach out. - Rekha

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews