ZipRecruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
ZipRecruiter Co-Founder & CEO Ian Siegel
Ian Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "ZipRecruiter means what they say about work-life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "The company pays well and also provides excellent benefits like stock options and fully paid health insurance" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have heard from the mouths of upper management that they don’t care about the sales floor" (in 12 reviews)

• "They are focused on money and not people when it comes to their sales team" (in 7 reviews)

"Easy Sale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunches catered each day, PTO, Benefits, Great office location, platform is really slick and easy to sell. Work hours are from 7-4.

Cons

The only real con here is that the company changes things very quickly without a heads up or let a keep the changes long enough for the sales team to get good at it. I have been in sales for 10 years and this is by far the easiest sales job I have ever had. The leads we get are companies that came to our website and signed up for an account where I am used to prospecting for 3 hours a day to find 5 good leads to call the next day just to try and schedule something. I laugh when I read through some of these other reviews when people say micro management, unattainable goals, bad management and stressful job. These are all excuses of under performers in my experience. People get micro managed when they are not hitting the companies minimums on a daily or weekly basis consistently so yes the company is going to make sure you do your job. Bad managers - again people love to blame other people for their lack of success. What are you doing to get better? Your manager is not going to do the work for you. If you think the goals are unattainable and you cannot change them, then come up with a strategy to get as close as you can and use the companies resources for help. Or call me crazy and read a book on sales or time management! Now my personal favorite that it's a stressful environment! GET OUT OF SALES. The beautiful thing is that each one of us is in complete control of our own success which is why I chose sales in the first place and you can either sit back and complain then blame everyone else for your failures OR you can do something about it!

Advice to Management

Set clearer expectations and get rid of the people that can't do the basics of the job. There are tons of great hard working sales people that would love to have this job. Please replace the cancer in the office.

2. "Reactivation Specialist"

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

-Good middle management
    -Good benefits
    -Good Location

Cons

-Sales job
    -While I was there the sales floor was getting saturated to the point where you felt like there was a ceiling above you, there weren't enough realistic-to-close leads to go around and there was a small percentage chance you can get a promotion

3. "An Incredible Journey"

Current Employee - Product in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is without a doubt the best company I've ever worked for. Work is sometimes stressful but always fulfilling. Contributions are recognized and celebrated, teammates are very easy to work with, and there's basically zero micromanagement. I've never worked at any other company that put such an emphasis on nurturing its talent, and growing them into a career opportunity that may not have even existed before they were promoted into it!

Benefits are spectacular too. Office is always stocked with high-quality snacks, and even when you've had your fill of those there's no shortage of leftovers from catered meetings, lunch and learns, etc. You'll never go hungry if you work here, but you'll definitely need to put that discounted gym membership to use.

Cons

I don't think I'd really count this as a con, but nothing stays the same for very long.

Org structure changes somewhat frequently so you should always keep an open mind about key functions of your job and don't get too comfortable with whatever your status quo may be.

Information sharing between departments can also be a bit spotty, just because of how often things change.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees informed when a big change is coming. We know that we can't have all the details all the time, but give us the broad brushstrokes so we can adapt gracefully.

"Solid Company, Better People"

I have been working at ZipRecruiter part-time

Pros

The employees at Zip are incredibly welcoming! Rich was a great manager and I always felt supported and appreciated by my fellow colleagues.

Cons

There are some communication issues between upper and middle/lower management. Lack of transparency can be trying.

Advice to Management

Get more feedback from employees on productivity and communication.

"Unfortunate future"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The health care is awesome, free catered lunches and cool top performer prizes awarded each month. Really neat overlook of Tempe town lake.

Cons

Everything is always changing, managers don’t put forth the effort to inform you of where your at. New director has changed many policies making it more corporate and less about the culture and diversity I was sold on when I started working there. In my roll I felt as though my job was not important and that we were easily replaceable. Now high turn over rate due to the ever changing bonus structure and qc changes. Micro managed and serious penalties for an extra 2 minuted over a break or lunch. Short staffed especially for chat representatives. Near impossible to move departments even with good numbers and seniority. Also something with the site is always broken and majority of calls are from very upset customers.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make an entry level position so difficult and listen to the employees. New policies in place are crazy and we are all human and make mistakes. QC shouldn’t be changed every month either. You need to show employees that they are important and that the work they do is valued and not as though you will have someone else fill the shoes. You make the department stressful with all of the new implementations. Don’t ask employees to fill out a survey about how they like zip and the work environment and not do anything with the information given. Just be more understanding.

6. "Nice Culture, Good Sales Atmosphere"

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

Benefits, Pay, and Unlimited Vacation Are Excellent!

Cons

Being a tech company change is constant, sometimes there are major communication issues between product marketing and sales.

7. "Building a rocketship mid-flight!"

Former Employee - Mid Market Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Mid Market Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constant change and always new opportunities.

Cons

Goals can sometimes seem out of reach.

"Work with existing accounts to explore desired needs and provide a solution based on discovery analysis."

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, catered food daily, stocked kitchen, convenient location, great benefits and health/ dental coverage.

Cons

Tons of change, some necessary. It’s called “building a rocket ship mid flight” which makes sense. CEO/ Directorial teams seem to focus more on pointless metrics to put you in a box than catering to different sales styles.

Advice to Management

Stop changing things from day to day, week to week and month to month. Stick to the basics. Let your reps that are consistent do their thing and help the people that require it.

"Sales"

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

Great benifets, good time off. Good pay

Cons

Horrible manegment. They need to fire all management.

Advice to Management

Get new ones

10. "Account Acquisition"

Current Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, support and freedom to work from home

Cons

Long hours, uncertain about longevity