KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and it’s a fun place to work for.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Once had a great culture that employees were proud of.(in 28 reviews)
  • "The people are great and are always willing to help.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Some great leadership through the ranks with a flatter power structure.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Free food & snacks(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is poor in some departments.(in 29 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless, even some middle tier managers.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Everything is always changing, managers don’t put forth the effort to inform you of where your at.(in 12 reviews)
  • "So to paint the picture for you.. bad training + no ramp up + lead scarcity = everyone is in the red.(in 4 reviews)
  • "whoops kind of already went over the cons but bottom line, no job security, unprofessional management, I used to think the company outlook was good but from what I'm hearing with the failure of our new product and most likely failure of the opening of the AZ office, i'm sure the santa monica office will be closed soon.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ZipRecruiter and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Positive coworkers who are very welcoming. - Salary, benefits, and perks are great. - Leadership regularly shows us they're improving benefits, perks, conditions, etc. - When COVID mandates were lifted they opened up the office but no one was forced to go back in. It's open for those that want to go in but we can stay remote if we choose. Very much appreciated. - The diversity and inclusion initiatives feel like they are really supported by the company and leadership.

Cons

- Very fast paced environment so you need to be able to keep up - Work-life balance can be confusing to navigate. Some people work late but no one outwardly expects you to work late. Most likely due to the fast paced, short deadline workload.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company that I have ever worked for!

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at ZipRecruiter has been absolutely amazing! The benefits are unmatched and the potential for upward mobility (in my department at least) is not only realistic, but encouraged. Every single person I have met has been kind, supportive, and receptive to whatever I need help with. I have never worked somewhere where my feedback has been heard and also implemented, but it has here. I hope to be at Zip for many years to come.

Cons

Pretty heavy workload, but I think that comes with being part of a growing company. Not a bad thing if you enjoy what you're doing and who you're doing it with.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company if you never get sick.

Feb 2, 2022 - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, a pleasant virtual environment (wfh), adequate training, some management is more responsive than others, great insurance.

Cons

Don’t get sick. They don’t care. Your immediate manager has little influence- no matter how much talk of culture and treating workers well, and responsive they may be to work questions, your manager has their heads tied. This is an executive policy. They seem to look for a reason to fire people who are sick. There is a draconian attendance policy in your first 120 days (and beyond), even under doctors care it seems that they look for a reason to write you up, and after 1 1/2 missed days (regardless of medical reason) you have unfair corrective action, then if you are really sick you get fired if you miss 4 days. They say well we give you Sick and Safe time- but that accrues 1+ hour per week working- definitely not enough should you fall victim to any number of illnesses that a wreaking havoc in our society- let alone a pandemic. If you have Covid, they require you to jump through hoops of documentation to prove you need time off. I’ve never had an employer with such a willful disregard for employees health. Work or get fired in your first 4 months.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Great Company and Position

Apr 1, 2022 - IVR Inbound Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited Paid Time Off Stock Options Full Benefits, with internet compensation Obtainable Goals and Monthly challenges with prizes for winners This position is 25% commission! I work Remote All equipment including a standing desk and very nice chair for b ack support shipped to my home

Cons

Pretty big learning curve when you first start. Office is in Tempe AZ, which does not use Daylight Savings Time, can be a hurdle at times for appointment setting in other parts of the continent.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Great company

May 9, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potenti to make a lot of money, great people, great culture

Cons

Heavy workload at times, and when you're not performing, you're not really important...but I guess that's sales, right?

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A frustrating place where you can have an impact

Mar 18, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the only job I have ever felt that my choices have a real impact on the business. Good to great compensation (depending on where you live). They handle fully remote employees well.

Cons

Having agency means others have agency as well, which can lead to prioritization problems and difficulty ensuring we are moving in the same direction. We have too many VPs and SVPs and there are some people who are VPs and SVPs who shouldn't be. The People Team is a mess. There is a lot of legacy results of not-invented-here syndrome that bog down attempts to modernize the stack.

7. 5.0

General Insight

Apr 2, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

This Position was great and I would highly recommend

Cons

Workflow was sometimes inconsistent so it was hard to plan work schedules

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with mega earning potential

Apr 3, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Culture, Leadership, Career Progression, and Great Benefits

Cons

Spend the majority of your day on the phones.

9. 5.0

Awesome Company

Apr 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers Great benefits and compensation Meaningful projects

Cons

Not too many cons, except the market problems aiming to be solved are quiet abstract

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

good co

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice benefits at the company

Cons

need more long term strategy

Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Reviews

ZipRecruiter Reviews FAQs

ZipRecruiter has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 403 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at ZipRecruiter to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ZipRecruiter employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ZipRecruiter. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

82% of ZipRecruiter employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ZipRecruiter 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ZipRecruiter to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with ZipRecruiter Job Seekers