ZipRecruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
ZipRecruiter Co-Founder & CEO Ian Siegel
Ian Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company pays well and also provides excellent benefits like stock options and fully paid health insurance (in 7 reviews)

• This is seen as a con to many, but I enjoy the fast paced always changing work environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is working to build a "world class sales organization" when in reality it's just a world class joke (in 8 reviews)

• A lot of times it creases confusion for the sales team (in 5 reviews)

1. "IT Engineer"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Skokie, IL

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Job search engine to find a job in any field from around 1M companies.
    After joining Ziprecruiter, I always update my resume according to the requirements of the company for the eligible position and update on ziprecruiter, It helps me alot to search for job from variety of area field in IT.
    Got hired in one of the company tht is registered with ZipRecruiter.
    Thanks so much for helping me to get a Job.

Cons

It will take some time to filter your criteria and you need for job search. Don't Panic much. Trust on ZipRecruiter. I am sure they will find better opportunity for everyone.

"I spent 1.5 years at ZipRecuiter that I'd never take back!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a ton! From free health benefits to catered lunches to a leadership team that makes every effort possible to connect individually with even the most entry level positions. I've seen a lot of negative comments in the past that occurred in the midst of a change but I'd bet that a lot of those would be taken back within a month of when the change occurred. This company tries to innovate even at the employee level, they also recognize when those changes don't benefit everyone and adjust if not. I've worked at many companies and this was the best I've ever worked for.

Cons

It's an ever changing organization so you have to learn to roll with what gets thrown at you. Something may occur that is viewed as being a negative but give it time, if it truly is it will get fixed.

Advice to Management

Continue to be employee focused and remember how important culture was to the shared succes of the company. Never stop cultivating that side even while fine tuning the revenue model. Also, take the person currently acting as facilities/office manager/go to for everything, and give her a big title and salary bump! Nothing has ever been more deserved. Overall though, management at this company knows what they're doing and do it well. Final suggestion, move the manager comp upward, there are too good of leaders to let them get pillaged.

"Odd Company"

Pros

Great Location in Santa Monica

Cons

Found it odd that the company didn't use its own platform to hire its own staff. Haphazard interview process with people who knew nothing about the field they were recruiting for.

"The Time of My Life"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to make more money than I could imagine at Zip at such young age. I made some best friends for life working here because I was able to meet and work with the best people on the planet. Working a ZipRecruiter for two years was a vital part of advancing my career. My far the best job I have ever had - wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Cons

So much free food (snacks, breakfast, lunches). You will get fat.

Advice to Management

Make an Senior Enterprise Level position so employees that have been Enterprise for years have a higher level to work towards.

"Severely stressful, fear of losing job, 0 trust type of company."

Current Employee - Tenured Mid-Market Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Tenured Mid-Market Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get free, school food quality lunches, and unlimited pto (which is also a con). Commission paid monthly and a casual, sometimes too casual, dress code.

Cons

Unlimited pto can easily effect you hitting your numbers. Lead distribution is terrible. The higher rates leads go to those who already make 50k and 75k base salaries while the limited, lesser quality leads go to smb reps. Leadership definitely have double standards. They constantly ask you to accept change but yet punish you for implementing the changes. If you don't like someone, complain about them, and without consideration from all parties, the one being complained about is reprimanded. If you need a temporary job, this is it. If you want to fear for your job the moment you get out of training, then this is the place.

Advice to Management

Stop acting on emotion and run the business like a business. If people complain about each other over stupid stuff, then tell them to grow up and act like adults. Don't tell people you value them and the not give them the respect and consideration they deserve. Show them they are valued rather than just saying it. An email doesn't suffice. STOP SOLICITING YOUR STAFF TO LEAVE POSITIVE REVIEWS ON GLASSDOOR because you noticed the last few months they have been terrible. They are bad for a reason. If you want good reviews, then great your employees better. Lastly, management needs to stop talking bad about employees behind their back and in closed door settings. You habe s lot of improving to do. This company has the opportunity to be great, not just offer a great service.

Sep 1, 2017 – SVP, Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From your review, it sounds like we can be more transparent during that process to ensure we’re delivering a great workplace experience for all... More

"The best Inside Sales job in the valley!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing pay! The list of pros goes on and on, including free medical for you and all of your dependants, Unlimited PTO, amazing 6 figure pay, great leadership and training, constant assistance to become better, 401k matching, flexible schedule, free lunch, drinks and snacks and great location.

Cons

It's interesting to me to see so many bad reviews. After being in inside sales for over 10 years, the people who write those reviews are usually the type of sales people that fall into negativity when something changes instead of making adjustments to get better. If you work hard here, you will make a ton of money.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Almost all your hires for management and director positions have been spot on. Your training's are great and the open communication you share with the floor on the future here is so much appreciated. Thank you!

Jul 28, 2017 – SVP, Sales

Thank you for sharing your experience with the sales team in Tempe. We strive to provide competitive benefits, so we’re glad to hear you're enjoying the perks!

"New Logo Sales"

Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - SMB Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far the best sales job I've ever had. Not only can you increase your base salary up to 100K which always gives you something to work for, but you get deserved commission. It's insane how much people are making. If money isn't your motivator Zip caters lunch every day with vegan options - with random 2 a days (breakfast, all out platters), they pay 100% of you & your dependent's benefits, there's an unlimited pto plan, you have pretty much a 2 hour window to get in, in the mornings. No cold calling, if you come from cold calling you will definitely want to learn and master it, which you eventually will I'd like to think.

There's really no micro managing, just show up do your job and learn to get better everyday and the whole environment is naturally laid back and fun.

My manager is great. Happy hours and company events are extremely generous and fun. Zip purchased an entire block in Old Town for a solid 5 hours...it was team building as well as organized all out buffet and open bar, completely open - DJ was crazy good, it was truly an amazingly fun time.

The people are cool and the CEO is down to Earth.

Cons

Why would I really complain? It's a great opportunity and it presents a challenge everyday.

Advice to Management

A little less reactive, more proactive

Jul 28, 2017 – SVP, Sales

Thank you for sharing your experience! Celebrating with everyone on the sales team during the block party was well deserved, and we appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you at our next... More

"A dream job come true"

Current Employee - New Logo Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - New Logo Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros, where to even start.
    The pay is great -base plus a handsome commission structure, catered lunch, great hours, the most friendly culture I've been invited into, recognition for hard work, weekly training for self improvement...the list goes on and on!!

Cons

There aren't really any cons, unless you're not willing to work hard. I'm telling you it's an amazing job at a fantastic company!

Advice to Management

It would be pointless to even say because upper management is already aware and working on fixing the few minior issues there are.

Jul 28, 2017 – SVP, Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Since we strive to make our employees’ career development a priority, we’re pleased to hear you’re having a great experience!

"Great Company"

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

Great Potential to grow within a startup and great field!

Cons

n/a no cons at all

Advice to Management

n/a

Jul 28, 2017 – SVP, Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

"Great Job. Great People. Great Opportunity For Those Who Are Not Afraid Of Hard Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let me start by saying any person who has been at a sales job for less than six months and complains about how the job is "unfair" basically tells me they can't sell or have not had a real consultative sales job.

I have been at ZipRecruiter for over 2 years' and the bottom line is this: Yes, there have been loads of changes in my time here, that happens in such a fast growth environment. I have seen goal changes, selling strategy changes and product changes.

At the same time, with every change, ZipRecruiter has always made the best decision for the company and its employees. Zip has always been fair with respect to goals and compensation and their desire to make the company better, and bring its quality employees along for the ride.

Every "Successful" person on the sales team, got where they are because of hard work, putting in the effort, learning the product and learning how to sell. I will say that people who are complaining, are just that: complainers.

I would also say good luck finding companies that offer free healthcare for an entire family. In my experience, I have worked at companies where I know they are raising goals, so they do not have to pay the salespeople. This is NOT that company.

As for the response to somebody on here who said leads are just handed to 11 people who hit their goals, I would say, those 11 people have proven they get more from that lead then you would and until you prove you can learn the value of your product, then you will continue to be unhappy at your job.

My advice - If you are unhappy with a job, leave the unemployment rate is less than 5% - Which you should know, since that is the space you are in. If you can get a better job, go for it.

Cons

Sometimes growing so fast, can lead to some issues that you are hearing about now - maybe take the foot off the gas a little.