arroHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Glen Moller

Pros
  • Very flexible schedule and easy to take days off in advance (in 7 reviews)

• You get to meet new people and be challenged by different EMR systems and working environments (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover rate in upper management is unnerving (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management (in 4 reviews)

"Coder"

Former Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Remote, OR

I worked at arroHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good and reasonably priced, paid holidays are extensive, good pto

Cons

Unreasonable productivity guidelines, managers aren't always accessible, lots of down time

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at arroHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location, salaries, benefits, Management and casual & fun environment. Not a big corporation you can get lost in.

Cons

There aren't many cons, none worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

You've worked hard to cultivate the culture and values of ArroHealth. Don't let that change or you will lose good people.

"Looking forward to C E O getting tossed out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at arroHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Now that CIOX has purchased AH and they kick the C E O to the curb, maybe real change can occur and things will improve.

Cons

They have a very week middle management team, especially at the director level. Little to no new ideas being generated as they grew up with the company and don't have any outside experience to offer. Seemingly more interested in buying clothes online or their texts than running the business. They are truly a product of their environment, which hasn't been good.

Advice to Management

CIOXers - best thing you can do is get rid of the person running the operations. He's a workplace bully, has had no positive affect on workflow and improvement and should be let go.

While the company has been successful, it could have been so much more successful if they had some idea about how to run the company in a continuous improvement manner. They just don't have the management horsepower at the lower levels to drive significant change.

"I wouldn't have worked here had I known.."

Former Employee - Indexer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Indexer in Reno, NV

Pros

my co workers were very helpful and friendly, and there were prize give aways and donuts on Friday's

Cons

It sucks!!! you get yelled at almost on a daily, they have unrealistic expectations of their employees. they throw you out on the floor with just enough training to cover their butt then expect you to do 160+ files in your first day.. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone!

Advice to Management

hahaha good luck.. with the way you run things you wont have employees there long. stop bribing start actually caring, care about why your employees may be struggling. but you don't and you wont. so good luck

6. "Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at arroHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One day off during the middle of the week.

Cons

Only get payed once a week, no benefits, no 401k.

Advice to Management

Get better benefits.

"The Worst Place I've Worked For"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at arroHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who are not in management are good people who made the very stressful days a little easier. The call center, auditing and invoicing departments were full of intelligent, friendly and genuine people who deserve to be treated better.

Cons

Management severely lacks communication and are out of touch with their employees. There are many shameful practices done that get swept under the rug. They use techniques that violate HIPAA law: Automated system fax blast, which automatically sends PHI (Protected Health Information) out to random faxes without properly verifying that they are being sent to the correct places. The call center, auditing department and invoicing department are held to unrealistic standards that cause unnecessary stress for little pay. Management expects the employees to do the work of 3 people for no raises. When projects are complete, management gets a bonus worth thousands for each manager and supervisor; the rest of the office, those of whom put in all the work to achieve the project goals get nothing. The company uses people as human shields and does not compensate well at all. There are people that are working 2 to 3 jobs because of the poor compensation and benefits here. Management is also unprofessional and too laid back; they are more concerned with being friends and going out drinking than actually being a non bias business. The company claims to be a meritocracy, but it is always contradicted with blatant favoritism and nepotism.

Advice to Management

Honestly, there isn't much I can say besides change everything you are doing right now. There are many policies that need to be implemented to save this company. It's a shame that a company that promised so much could just turn around and abandon those promises to people who work diligently to make sure the company survives. The fact that you treat your employees so poorly is disgraceful.

"Disappointing and Misleading"

Current Employee - Remote Coder in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Remote Coder in Remote, OR

Pros

They are willing to hire newly certified coders. Their pay rate is great for a new coder and they have extremely flexible work hours allowing their coders to work anytime 24/7.

Cons

The few hours of training they offered were inadequate. After that, you're kind of sent off to figure it out for yourself. Which is really hard since the only feedback you get is through audits that come at least a week after you code (if they come at all). I was released into "production" for 2 weeks before most the coders were put on hold because of lack of work. Many got back to work but I have been "on hold" for over 10 weeks now. Since I've been on hold, brand new hires have been released to work while I am still on hold. There have been countless "holds" put on work for most coders during what is supposed to be peak HCC season. I have had great difficulty with my supervisor. We were supposed to have weekly meetings and, at one point, we went 6 weeks without any meeting. My supervisor would ignore direct questions I sent her. The problem with this, is that I couldn't talk to anyone about it because management sent emails with very clear instructions about the "chain of command" and how we weren't to contact anyone other than our supervisor. When I asked my supervisor if I could contact anyone else about questions I had, she said no. We're emailed about meetings we need to attend 15 minutes before the meetings begin. There are nonstop technical issues which keep coders from being able to do their job.

Advice to Management

I keep hearing about how quickly Arrohealth is growing. It seems to me that maybe you've grown too quickly and are in over your head. At the beginning of my work with Arrohealth, we had a webinar and the management seemed so genuine and caring. It made me excited to be a part of this company. Time and time again, those feelings have been crushed. I would advise you to clearly communicate with your employees and to do so honestly. Also, don't hire more people than you can employ and don't outsource your work to other companies when you have so many coders being completely ignored.

Oct 24, 2016 – Associate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. I'm unsure as to when you started or trained but the coding department did change their training and made it a week long to ensure that everyone is ... More

"Medical Coder"

Current Employee - HCC Coder in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - HCC Coder in Remote, OR

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. You set your hours a week ahead, but can work them as you need to. That allows a ton of flexibility.

Cons

There are occasional lulls and slow inflow of charts, meaning you may not work for a few days.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and communicate consistently.

Sep 29, 2016 – Associate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. ArroHealth is constantly working toward securing contracts and clients to keep the no work days to a minimum. The structural changes within the coding department will be ... More

"REMOTE CODER"

Current Employee - Remote Coder in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Remote Coder in Chicago, IL

I have been working at arroHealth full-time

Pros

PTO benefits for full time employees and flexible schedules. Apparently, has lot's of exciting new systems and policies in place.

Cons

For some reason, we've had lack of work, more often than not in the passed year. New hires are posting negative reviews regarding the over-hiring fiasco, not knowing that this has also affected the long time current employees, "who were not benched" due to good overall numbers. Lot's of new management with unbelievable explanations.
    Another issue to mention, Medical insurance with HUGE out of pocket expenses. How on earth can we possibly be motivated to get preventive medical attention .

Advice to Management

Compared to other companies, Arrohealth is not that bad. Common people, get it together already!!!!! You are hurting your coders livelihoods.

Sep 29, 2016 – Associate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. Detailed feedback allows us to work towards making ArroHealth a great company to work for. As you are the medical benefits are something new that we have implemented and ... More

"Remote Coder"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Remote, OR

I have been working at arroHealth part-time

Pros

Create your own schedule. Fair enough platform to work. Reasonable benefits. Co-workers are nice in general.

Cons

Chaotic due to unseasoned or novice management. The pressure is there. This company makes you feel as if you promised your first born child to them. And they will discard you on a whim. Extraordinarily high turn over rates. Unreasonable expectation at times. They no longer pay for your time reading or creating any e-mails.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

Sep 29, 2016 – Associate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. We are working on restructuring the department and making changes to make it better. It is never the intention of ArroHealth for you to feel that way regarding pressure ... More