KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

i2i Events Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Found 66 of over 73 reviews

3.8
i2i Events CEO Phil Thomas (no image)
Phil Thomas
0 Rating
Pros
  • "It is fast-paced which is a pretty over-used word but this is what the company is(in 14 reviews)

• "Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The fast-paced environment is not for everyone(in 10 reviews)

• "Don't bother applying if you aren't 100% committed; it's quite a fast paced environment, and it can be very much sink or swim(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Partnerships Executive

Dec 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast-paced, innovative, challenging, supportive, flexible working environment

Cons

Sometimes a little too much responsibility and unrealistic expectations from management

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

. I can simply describe my marketing internship as a fantastic professional experience.

Feb 16, 2016 - Marketing Intern in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can simply describe my marketing internship as a fantastic professional experience. The assessment day was creative and relaxed. During assessment day lunch, we had the chance to talk with different people from i2i from executives to managers and they were answering questions and interacting with us. ; with positive attitude and this culture is the key word to success. During these 3 months, I had the amazing opportunity to work for few days in Brazil at i2i Sao Paulo’s office and it was beyond my expectations. I was working in Birmingham for a week for Jewellery & Watch 2016 and I was also involved in a very important event called Byers Power List dinner awards. Mostly important I was involved in decisions, meetings, and daily pledge meetings. We had several master classes and I attended several courses such as PPT, excel, Nutritionist tips and Mindfulness. I had a mentor during the whole period to talk about career, work and so on. She was fantastic and very sweet. Showing commitment and can do attitude the managers will trust you and even more opportunities will come across. Moreover, you can attend free yoga classes in the office. There are many social events and it is always fun! We were all invited to the big Christmas party. Certainly, there is a combination of working and also having good time. I strongly believe I have developed both my personal and professional skills. My expectations were met and I am glad to be part of i2i now.

Cons

I really don't have anything to say!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0

A great place to work

Sep 22, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

i2i is a professional, fair, and enjoyable place to work, the people are at the top of their game and the products are of good quality. The company takes employee engagement seriously and looks to support progression and innovation. Thinking outside the box is encouraged and sharing expertise is valued. The company understands the need for adaptation and invests in research to inform product and business changes. Honest analysis of the products is constant and effective. Team management is supportive and understanding with advice and mentoring always available A good number of women in senior leadership roles provides a balanced working environment.

Cons

The workload on most people is too high to allow for much creativity or long term thinking. Budget cuts on important events mean it is not possible to deliver an experience to visitors which rivals more innovative competitors Morale onsite is low, in part because marketing are treated differently to sales with the former staying in much cheaper accommodation There lots of vacancies at the moment with the majority coming about in large part due to workload not allowing for individual/personal excellence - causes frustration in the caliber of people i2i recruits The company becoming a PLC has not yet had a discernible positive impact on employees

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Looks good from the outside

Oct 5, 2016 - Sales Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great office environment, open plan with a 'Google' feel to it. The people socially are fantastic and are looked after when it comes to organised events and activities with a genuine work hard play hard approach. All events appear to be the biggest/leading/most successful in their own industries.

Cons

From the outside, looks great...the events seem to do well but there appear to be only a few real passionate 'events' people in the business. The rest are made up of interns and very young possibly out of their depth kids. Most of these are in the marketing team. Aside from my Brand Manager I'm not entirely sure who works on or cares about my brand due to 'matrix?' set up. I've been at other events companies and this is not an organised approach and very confusing for everyone. Overall it seems very blurry, minimal communication, with no ownership or accountability of any aspect. Decisions are made financially for short term gain rather than long benefit of the show, customers or staff.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

I would return in a heartbeat

Sep 25, 2015 - Sales Manager in Paddington, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been in the company for 6 years and I wouldn’t have stayed so long if it didn’t cater to my ambitions and love of working on great brands. From my experience in this company, you get out what you put in and you are in charge of your own career. If you thrive in a challenging environment and on ambitious projects, this is a company where you can build a career. The culture inspires innovation and entrepreneurship which allows you to set high standards for yourself. I genuinely believe that my career development has to an extent been ‘fast-tracked’ as a result of the culture and opportunities given by management. Lots of fantastic training sessions available that develop your personal skills (e.g. “being resilient”, “build your skills as as a leader”). Not many companies are willing to invest in such meaningful and impactful training sessions.

Cons

The business is constantly changing and if you can’t keep up then the culture is not right for you. Choose your event wisely as it is easier to make a real difference to the event if you are working on a launch.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work with people who really care about what they do

Sep 26, 2015 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The business has undertaken a remarkable transformation over the last three years and remains hugely ambitious, pushing hard for even more growth. The growth has provided terrific opportunity and reward for those willing to go that extra mile and the large majority of people really enjoy the experience. It's a very inclusive and sociable company and the business tries very hard to ensure that everyone knows what's going on. I'm really proud of what I and the people I work with have achieved over the last three years - it's a different world and many of us are seeing a lot more of it. I get to work with some amazing brands and people who really care about what they do. The offices are new and the open plan, hot desking creates a real buzz

Cons

It isn't always plain sailing when things are moving so fast. You have to be prepared to jump some hurdles and the business expects you to do this. It's also not for you if you're intimidated by KPI's as measuring performance is engrained into the culture.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Fast paced company that rewards high performers

Mar 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic company on a fast paced growth journey. The business' desire to grow and internationalise has created and continue to create numerous opportunities for its employees to grow and develop with it. Recognition and reward are core to i2i's values. Expectations are high but if you are a consistent excellent performer the reward potential is also high. i2i is a business where you can build a career. There is a track record of star performers progressing, often carving out their own career path. Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces.

Cons

If you aren't keen on a culture based on high performance and change, i2i events isn't for you. Change is a given at this proactive company but so are opportunities for growth and development. The matrix system can be challenging to navigate, in particular for new starters. The SLAs and turnaround times as a result of the matrix structure can also be frustrating and are not always conducive to a dynamic, fast paced company.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Market leading events and lots of opportunities for personal growth: every day brings something exciting and new!

Feb 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The business is very transparent and is focused on being the number 1 in each sector if covers. It has invested hugely in new technologies and the office environment is funky, bright and stimulates innovation and collaboration. Individual and team success is celebrated to the max in so many ways and the socials and parties are the best I have experienced! The people who work here are fun and dynamic and i come in every day knowing i can learn something new or take a product in a new direction.

Cons

i2i is very fast paced and has a clear strategy for success. Time wasters and those who like to sit back and watch the world go by should not apply! The organisational set up is not always clear as to who does what and finding this out is more than confusing when you have no point of reference. Clearer Org charts could help colleagues navigate this during the induction process.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Little concern for employee retention

May 10, 2016 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It provided good experience to learn the industry ropes and better understand the skills needed to make it in events. The social life is great, a lot of money is spent on employee entertainment and the open bar office parties. CEO is very motivational, you feel like you're a part of greater plan. Incredible office with great facilities and hot desking.

Cons

I was told in my job interview that I'd be given a fixed term contract, which was apparently a company standard, and would eventually have a permanent offer. Unfortunately i2i has a habit of keeping people on with a fixed term and you never find out whether you'll be renewed until the last second. A lot of staff was constantly applying for jobs elsewhere since there was no job security. This also meant that you weren't entitled to a bonus, again something promised in the beginning, whilst people who had joined earlier on a permanent contract were arbitrarily given a bonus for the same or even less amount of work. There was a lot of favouratism, employees were regularly promoted due to their ability to navigate office politics rather than their work quality.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Forward-thinking company which invests in its people

Feb 22, 2015 - Content Producer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Creative and rewarding work where excellent people are given a chance to shine and pride is highly valued. This is a modern company with a fresh vibe, a young, vibrant workforce and a work-hard play-hard attitude. Management are excellent and will help you go far as long as you prove yourself worthy of their efforts.

Cons

These aren't really cons, but if you apply for a position at i2i, remember that the events industry is a fast-paced and occasionally competitve environment where you will be expected to work very hard, be relentlessly positive and really push yourself. It is not the kind of company where you will get your hand held in the sense of getting everything offered to you (you will be supported though, especially if you've not come from an events background). Don't apply unless you are prepared for this.

i2i Events Response

HR Director

Thanks for your comments. I am glad that you value 'Elite'. We will shortly be communicating the programme for this year which will be every bit as excellent as last year.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews