iMagicLab Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Keith Latman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Product. Exciting Environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at iMagicLab (CRMSuite) for 3 years, and I'm super grateful for my time there. I started out in an entry level job and within a year was able to move into management and then to sales. The growth potential for individuals at this company is unlike anything I've seen elsewhere. Literally the only thing that limits how high you can climb is your performance. The product is exceptional and the team all believes in it. If you stand out in your work, you'll be rewarded for it. It's a demanding job (always have to be available for clients), but if you know that going in and set your expectations appropriately you'll be fine. Most of the negativity on this board comes from folks who just aren't a good fit for the company (despite being established, things often feel like a startup; some people hate that while others thrive in that environment).

Cons

There is truth to the comments some folks have made about change happening often and having a fair amount of turnover. But everyone there knows what kind of company they are a part of. The instability in structure is what allows for flexibility in growth. You can't really have one without the other. Don't come here if you aren't willing to hustle and open to wearing multiple hats. Also, much of the expertise that you gain here is limited to a pretty specific career niche, so consider where you'd like to be long term before committing.

Advice to Management

CRMSuite's success has come primarily from ignoring unsolicited advice. :)

"I'm a believer."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iMagicLab/CRMSuite is an amazing place to be. Really exciting technology and environment. The employees all care, and pay is fair. I'm happy to be here and I totally believe in the future of the company.

Cons

CEO. He will likely hop on and say that this review is fake, but it's not. I worked here for a while, and I'm not intending to disparage the company or the software whatsoever. Their product is better than any of their competitors, most of whom are 5 years behind them. The team is exceptional. The culture is supportive.

However, the CEO is toxic. I won't go into details about anything HR-related, but suffice it to say, he's a shady man who abuses his employees' dedication and commitment. None of this affects the clients at all, and the staff does a great job of managing the day-to-day operations of an exceptional product. If you're considering working here, it's a great place to grow and develop your career, and I have no regrets in doing it. But if having complete faith in the company's leader is a prerequisite for where you work, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Have the CEO step down, let the people who are still there lead. You guys have a lot of capable people whose hands are ties by bad executive oversight.

Jul 5, 2017 – CEO

The dangers of an anonymous internet are on display here again. This person says I've put the right people in place, developed a great product/culture and that they believe in our future. This review... More

"Absolutely Love It"

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a LONG TIME employee here I will say that most of the negative reviews are BS. This company hires younger individuals and provides opportunities you may never have elsewhere. This job pushes me everyday to work harder and allows me to think freely to solve problems or make improvements with processes. Friendly environment where drama and gossip is not allowed whatsoever.

Cons

Occasionally you will find deadlines on projects that conflict with other projects that have been assigned to you, however hard workers won't find this to be a problem. Like any company communication across multiple departments can also be a bit tricky at times, but it always works itself out.

Advice to Management

In reality, I would just continue to weed out people who create a hostile work environment filled with gossip and drama. Maybe host more "team building" events to get all the departments together.

"Stay away and run very fast Do not join"

I worked at iMagicLab full-time

Pros

Owner likes to brag - not about his employees but himself

Cons

He ripped me off on comp

Advice to Management

try something new and dont talk to anyone

"Not a Recommended Company"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Really not any pros. The company presents well when you interview, but within a month or two management switches you to positions that they have just fired people from. I guess the pro is getting experience in positions you have no qualifications for.

Cons

Employees make it clear from the beginning to just hang on until something better comes along. Company promotes a product as "New and Forward Thinking" that is buggy and hard to use by clients. Middle management lives in fear about not rocking the boat and incurring CEO wrath. CEO goes from one crisis to another. CEO also likes to over promise and under deliver to employees and customers alike. Expect annual mass firings.

Advice to Management

Do an in-depth analysis of company and come up with a plan then make incremental adjustments. Wild swings in corporate direction and lack of clear direction are

Nov 2, 2016 – CEO

The average employee tenure is 3.7 years. This is manufactured anonymous reviews. I hate that we have to respond at all to this but as long as people want to slander us we have no choice.

"Waste of time"

Former Employee - IT Support in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - IT Support in Sarasota, FL

I worked at iMagicLab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good location and young workers.

Cons

No job security, no room for advancement and owner is full of himself

Advice to Management

Don't treat people like they are expendable beings with no value.

Jul 17, 2016 – CEO

This one is kinda our favorite because we don't have IT support. I wonder if these are being written overseas under contract or through Craigslist ads...

"Interesting company bad unification"

I worked at iMagicLab full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment
    Easy work life balance

Cons

No real benefits
    Bad management
    Bad training
    Poor communication of goals

Advice to Management

Set expectations for work, create a training program, stop churning people out before 90 days.

Jul 4, 2016 – CEO

Another of the same. Notice how many find these "helpful" almost immediately to drive them up? People that are happy don't write and our turnover is less that 10pct per year. Impossible

"Customer Support"

Pros

The coworkers were great, for the most part. Sometimes they did work to improve the culture. They are no google though.

Cons

The lies and manipulation of the employees and customers.

The CEO is mentally unstable and blames everyone for the failures but never looks in the miror. He is a pathological liar and is frivolous with company money. 2 things always correspond. Keith spends a ton of money on failed business ventures involving models and a mass layoff of people who "could not cut it". Also, every negative, yet truthful, review is followed by several positive reviews that Keith bullies his current employees to post. Look at the dates when the positive reviews are posted. They are always on the same days!

Advice to Management

Pay your bills, close up shop and go back to selling cars. Or better yet, pay the people you owe from Microworks and go to jail like you should have in the first place!

Jun 28, 2016 – CEO

Again look at the substance here; it's coordinated with a common theme to make you question our ability to compete in the marketplace. Glassdoor has no way to verify and no way for us to complain... More

"Total manic owner, he will have 5 ideas at once and wants to implemente all 5 immediatlywith no planning or thought"

Pros

Seems like a nice enough person just his unpredictable moods make it very difficult to trust anything he says.

Cons

Too much stress and not an exciting kind of stress

Advice to Management

Sell the company and start something else that might complement the person you are. Something you are passionate about.

Jun 28, 2016 – CEO

look at the headline and then the pros... were they written by the same person?

"I believe in Magic"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at iMagicLab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing technology, great culture and some ground breaking ideas about how to run a company. This is a real software company where everyone is expected to do their part, work as a team and the results are amazing

Cons

People like to complain about the job not being "easy" but since when is "easy" a goal? iML has a goal to hire the best, weed out the people who don't care quickly (hence the reviews here on Glassdoor) and then leave behind a great culture

Advice to Management

Keep going, ignore this board and the ex-employees who couldn't make it. Keep the growth path moving...