innoPath Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
innoPath President, CEO, and Director John Fazio
John Fazio

Pros
Cons
  • Missed the golden years of mobile app and of Silicon Valley (in 4 reviews)

• If you take the Fazio management seriously, you'll be in a mental trouble (in 4 reviews)

1. "Good company, but not long term"

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at innoPath (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team, very knowledgeable, healthy work environment

Cons

No real downsides, becoming a successful company just doesn't happen sometimes.

"senior software engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Development Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at innoPath (More than 5 years)

Pros

It seems to be able to survive through bad times, but it's resilience is pretty much it's saving grace.

Cons

A rapidly declining company.Toxic work culture destroyed a potential thriving business. Now, it's missed the boat. I left as soon as I could.

"Sr. Software Engineer"

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

in the very host mobile area. good working environment. flexible working hours. friendly colleagues. management is not that "pushy". team building events, perks.

Cons

management has no vision at all.
    poor compensation package
    poor management lost all very important customers
    miss the train for the explosive growth of mobile internet

Advice to Management

should always has the right mindset that customer first, not management first.
    keep up with the industry trend, you started with a very good baseline but in a couple of years, we missed the mobile internet explosive growth train.

"What not to do with a company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ping pong/foosball/pool/location/easy access to food in sunnyvale.

Cons

The company suffered with politics in most teams. Lack of vision in management team. No product roadmap. Lost customers all the time. Employee morale was non-existent.

Advice to Management

Accept that you ruined a well running company, now please try ship building or farming. Leave the software industry for good.

"Sr. Engineering Director"

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent technology and expectation of growth

Cons

The company becomes clap after the new CEO joined.

Advice to Management

Put the new managements who are customer-oriented

"Hard to believe this company is still around….."

Former Employee - Engineering in Mountain, WV
    Former Employee - Engineering in Mountain, WV

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy lifestyle. You really don't have to work very hard and the money was pretty decent. Also meals were provided a couple times a week.

Cons

Poor management team. Bad calls on market direction and product direction. The company still pitches itself as a start up but its beeb around for a while and the equity is highly diluted.

"Past the prime.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at innoPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great retirement job, best benefits and no work. Got too bored, spouse lov'd while I worked here, always home on time and no late night or crazy work hours.

Cons

No upside, no direction and micro management. Full of employees who are John's cronies and report back everything. All good folks have left or are leaving.

Advice to Management

Stop being micro manager

"Great start then a long steady decline"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed working at InnoPath and thought the people were great. I am still in touch with friends I made while at the company and visit whenever I'm out in the Bay area. I'm giving an overall rating of Neutral because early on I was very satisfied (5 stars) and by the time I left on my own I was very dissatisfied (1 star).

I worked at InnoPath for almost 7 years (2005-2012) and saw significant changes over the years. Initially, the technology was cutting edge and really cool. Employees were excited and energetic. Top three U.S. wireless carriers were our customers. Product roadmap was good with plenty of work to do. Company was growing and new hires into company were good people who wanted to make a difference. Benefits were good to a little above average. Compensation was competitive with the industry (although it was the employees responsibility to negotiate salary increases.)

Cons

Once the founders stepped down and new senior management was brought in, the decline started. John is an energetic and passionate CEO. However, he micro manages every aspect of the company and stifles any innovation and creativity. It's his way or not at all. HR did a fantastic job of hiring excellent talent which went to waste. Sales was handcuffed from the top and expected to enforce John's will against better judgment and recommendations. Key Tier 1 carrier customers were alienated and lost because John would not let his Sales team do what they did best - understand and manage the customer relationship. From that point on, it was a steady decline as morale sank and the long term company vision became unclear. The company had a legitimate chance of going public or being acquired early on but the actions of senior management squandered that golden opportunity.

Advice to Management

Senior Managers - Let your managers and employees think and make decisions for themselves.

"Very bad. Do not consider it unless you are desperate."

I worked at innoPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mobile space which is hot.

Cons

- Dwindling business
    - Lack of product/ business direction
    - Marketing sham when selling company prospects to new hire and fooling current employees.
    - No leadership, managers are puppets in hands of CEO who is a micro-manager but has killed all the business.

Advice to Management

Does it have any management?

"Mixed: great opportunities to develop new concepts and products; unfortunate tendency to discard and repeat sometimes."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Mobile device support is a line of business with excellent growth potential. That's what InnoPath does, and the company has enjoyed some success with it. There are a few major customers.

The CEO, John Fazio, is a great fan and booster, and is by nature InnoPath's best salesman.

The engineers and other staff are very good. When some layoffs were necessary at the beginning of this year, some excellent people were let go; however, it wouldn't have been easy to choose better, as there weren't really any slackers or marginal performers to be found.

Engineering has been reorganized into interdisciplinary vertical groups that are beginning to adopt some agile practices. This leads to easier collaboration than in the past, when QA, mobile, server, database, etc. were more separated.

Cons

Due to a necessary transition in its business model, InnoPath is facing leaner budgets than in recent years, and has shrunk a bit. This is hard on the morale of those remaining, and is in contrast to many local technology companies that are growing this year. It may be a bit harder to compete for needed talent under these circumstances.

InnoPath does some innovative things (it's in the name, after all), but often seems to be a bit late getting started. The strategic role of marketing may not be emphasized enough (something that's true of many young tech companies, actually).

Advice to Management

InnoPath needs to be more agile, and therefore less "top-down" if it's going to achieve its full potential. Teams and individual contributors need to be allowed to make decisions without constantly checking with management--even if the decisions may not always be optimal. Otherwise, this will probably remain a small, if viable, company.