InfoSource Learning

Interviews for Top Jobs at InfoSource Learning

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InfoSource Learning in August 2010.

I heard about the position through a former colleague and sent the marketing manager a tweet asking if they were still accepting applications for the position. She was impressed that I used Twitter to contact her and sent me a reply back with an email address, which I then sent my resume and cover letter. I received an email the next day asking if I could come in for an interview that week - and if I could complete a work project before then. I accepted the challenge and went in for an interview on Friday. I met with the Marketing Manager and the Community Manager, answering some basic questions and explaining my thought process for the first project. They called me that afternoon, requesting a second interview on Monday, along with a second homework assignment. The second interview was a bit longer, I first met with Lisa and Kimber to go over my assignment, then I met briefly with the Sales Team Director, and then I finally met with the President and CEO. Lisa called me that afternoon and offered me the position. The hiring process literally took between Wednesday evening and the following Monday. It was very quick and I was glad!

1st Project: Scenario:

SimpleK12’s newest product is a 100% online, year-long technology UNconference for teachers. The UNconference is great for any English speaking educator who is interested in learning about technology tools and how to use them in their classroom. (If you want to learn more about the product, visit www.edtechunconference.com )

Objective:
    You’re tasked with creating a marketing strategy to help the UNconference grow globally, starting with Australia. The goal is to make 500 full priced sales to teachers in Australia within 3 months.

How do you expand into this new market?

Budget: Budget for this project: $500 plus ability to discount UNconference memberships up to 100%

Facts:
    - You have an email database of 100,000 Teachers in the United States
    - Your marketing team has a blog with 50,000 subscribers – 90% are US residents
    - Your company’s Twitter account reaches 6,000 educators – 90% are US residents
    - The Facebook account has 300 fans – 95% are US residents
    - There are currently 200 UNconference members – 90% are US residents
    - There are 3 UNconference members from Australia

2nd Project: (I'm afraid I don't have the specific requirements any more) but it was something along the lines of create an email that you would use to contact a prominent blogger. How would you introduce yourself and ask for their help promoting your product.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a player on a baseball team, what position would you play and why?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at InfoSource Learning in October 2009.

They emailed me a series of questions about personal goals, obstacles I've had to overcome and three things I've done that distinguished my sales career. Then offered a phone interview which involved fairly typical interview questions...."Tell me about this," "What do you know about the products," etc. One-on-one interview than a brief group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What obstacles in your life have you overcome to get where you are today?
      Please be specific.