Mailshell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mailshell in December 2009.

Interview Details – After applying online on CareerBuilder, I received an email from someone at Mailshell saying that they had received my resume and would I like to start their interview process. This consisted of a .zip file with around a thousand emails in text form that needed (if I remember right), an email id and domain name extracted from them. This was not terribly tough and I finished it in 3-4 days.

After that I received an email saying my solution was satisfactory and that the next step was an interview on an IM client (!?). This consisted mostly of HR questions and I thought I did well on them.

2-3 days after that I received an email saying that I had been selected for the next round, which was a phone interview with the VP and we scheduled a time. Around 5 min before the scheduled interview, I get a call from I guess his secretary or someone in HR who matter-of-factly tells me that the position has been filled.

It takes me a second to understand what was going on and a further 5 more to calm myself down to the point where I'm able to stop myself from yelling abuse into the phone. She then tells me that I'm free to apply online again if I choose to and then hangs up on me.

End of story.

Interview Question – Given a series of emails extract a domain name and an email id from it.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mailshell in September 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter sent me a programming problem to solve in 72 hours. There was also a 10 page questionnaire with questions from all angles - behavior based, personality based, experience related, IQ/logic test, and skills based. I never talked to the recruiter, it was entirely by email.

Interview Question – If you were asked to find all the mail servers on the internet, how would you go about doing it? State any assumptions you make. How do you check if your result is correct?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mailshell in March 2010.

Interview Details – Mailshell will assign the candidate a task in which given a set of text files which contains emails along with header. Write code in C, C++, Perl, Php to extract all the IP Address from header and Domain name from body. You will be given 3 day for this and you will also have to fill up a very very long HR questionnaire.
They will have further rounds if you clear this.

Interview Question – Mailshell will assign the candidate a task in which given a set of text files which contains emails along with header. Write code in C, C++, Perl, Php to extract all the IP Address from header and Domain name from body. You will be given 3 day for this and you will also have to fill up a very very long HR questionnaire.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mailshell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mailshell interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mailshell employees and interview candidates.