R.R. Donnelley

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley

Culture Clash

Current Employee - TSR
Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm sure there are some, but I can't actually think of any. I love my coworkers. Management needs to get a clue.

Cons

Since they bought us out a year ago, everything is going downhill. We've become concerned only with numbers rather than quality or realistic demands. Departments are being over committed, with not enough resources to meet the demands. There is a glaring lack of communication between teams and management, and local management and upper management. The biggest problem is that no one at RRD has bothered to really find out what it is our piece of the company actually does. New hires are based on revenue, but that revenue doesn't come until 6 or more months after the work is done or needed. It's becoming a stressful place to work. When we were a tech startup, it was stressful, but still fun.

Learn what it is we do. RRD management isn't a presence in our office and they should be.

496 Other Employee Reviews for R.R. Donnelley (View Most Recent)

A great place to learn and grow. Established best practices and some fine minds at work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at R.R. Donnelley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- freedom to carve your niche
     - a strong infrastructure for training, employee engagement and business improvement

Cons

- relative fuzzy go-to-market strategy for specific businesses

Keep up the positives, stay close to market changes and needs and 'execute' to beat competition.

Good people, average culture, no incentives

I worked at R.R. Donnelley (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, plenty of opportunities to work on new technologies, continuous acquisitions keeps everyone on their toes. Lot of opportunity to learn on the job. Very complex environment helps refine skills.

Cons

Not enough incentives to perform - Average to bad salaries. Not many opportunities to move around different job functions. Respected but dying industry overall - lower margins are putting pressure in all spheres of the company

Eliminate non-profitable businesses. Invest in leadership development internally.

There are newer employer reviews for R.R. Donnelley