There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Palo Alto has been a great place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The people. I have found almost 100% of the people that I have contact with are great people. This includes those in other divisions and locations. The work enviornment is also easy to operate in. They try to boost morale as much as possible. They still offer a company pension,

Cons

Currently not knowing when our jobs will be ending. Until the purchase of Genentech is complete it is hard to throw yourself in work 100%. It has been a great run but we need to know when it is ending.

Communicate as much as possibel and be honest. The local management is very open and honest in all communications. That does make it easier to wait for the lay off.

492 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Great company .to work for

Former Employee - Statistical Programmer  in  Nutley, NJ
    Former Employee - Statistical Programmer in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Roche

Pros

exciting products, challenging project work. A company with a very good growth rate..looks promising for future career growth. Lot of products in pipeline ensuring job stability. company has been around for a long time so well set processes.teams are very competent.. senior management is very good at taking note of good work, encouraging fresh ideas. Overall a great work environment. benefits are very good especially for those with kids and families. Employee retention is high

Cons

politics between departments can sometimes hamper work. Bureaucracy is high and sometimes its tough to make long term employees to accept newer ways of doing things.

separate technical management and operational management.

Hoffmann-La Roche is a decent place to work

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Nutley, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Nutley, NJ

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Sense of purpose in working for a company that develops medicines that help people, opportunities to develop different skills, good benefits, enjoy co-workers who for the most part are motivated and engaged in their jobs.

Cons

Very conservative culture that doesn't encourage risk-taking, don't think management overall has progressive flexible work-life policies, management seems out of touch with needs and desires of workforce, technology not cutting-edge.

Spend more time talking and listening to the rank and file (not in organized meeting settings), develop a decent budget along with time for training and development.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!