There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Many resources and interesting work. Large company bureacracy is an issue.

Current Employee - Research Scientist  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Great network of scientists who in general are dedicated. Diverse cultural background of employees and interests. Great to be in the Bay Area close to many biotech and technology firms. Many interesting scientific and clinical problems with fairly good resources to explore solutions. Employees are generally happy and non-toxic and there is general cooperation.

Cons

Has some long time employees that are in positions of power and not competent or innovative. Basel in particular is a very non-productive, slow, and bureaucratic in their approaches. Very poor mechanisms to deal with bad senior management. Conflict is kept hidden and many back-room deals and negotiations.

Identify and distinguish between the most productive employees and dead weight. Empower employees more and fund and reward more innovation.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Roche (View Most Recent)

Balance of positives and negatives. Negative issues are big ones though.

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Training opportunities. International company. Career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Too much effort required to build relationships and manage stakeholders.

Be fair, open, honest, transparent, build trust.

Roche is a great place to work if you can avoid the politics.

Former Employee - Senior QA Specialist  in  Belleville, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior QA Specialist in Belleville, NJ

I worked at Roche

Pros

Roche was the place where I learned how to be a professional. I loved the people I worked with on a daily basis, as well as the friendly and supportive atmosphere. I had great opportunities to learn and grow there, and people are still impressed when they hear that I worked at Roche. My supervisor taught me a great deal, as did my coworkers. Roche values mentoring very highly, which is wonderful. Mentoring inspires great working relationships and helps both the mentor and the protege learn new things and stay current.

Cons

There were rivalries between worksites sites, favoritism, and politics were prevalent. While there were opportunities to learn new things, the group structure was calcified and younger folks couldn't really hope to advance until older folks quit or retired. I always had the impression that Sr. management was out of touch, and maybe didn't really understand what my group did.

Sr. management has changed since I left, so I'm not sure how relevant my advice would be.

There are newer employer reviews for Roche

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!