There are newer employer reviews for Rockefeller University

They Take Care of Their Students

Current Employee - Graduate Fellow  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Graduate Fellow in New York, NY

I have been working at Rockefeller University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic environment for learning how to be a scientist. The graduate program is very thoughtful and supportive of the needs of the students and is willing to work with their individual goals. Wonderful access to leading researchers. The housing is amazing.

Cons

Really not much from a student's perspective.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Rockefeller University (View Most Recent)

Very good and Very Bad Aspects Of Working Here

I worked at Rockefeller University

Pros

Great work/life balance, plenty of vacation time, awesome benefit package, awesome learning environment (if you work in the right department)

Cons

Staff morale and respect from management is dependent on what department you work in. If you are an Investigator or Scientific candidate you are catered to while staff without prestigious backgrounds or ambitious careers are not valued. Worked in hospital unit and senior management has no respect for hospital employees specifically nursing. Low, non competitive nursing salaries, and plenty of passive-aggression coupled with many drama queens and big egos. Old boys club atmosphere. Basically if you don't have an MD or PH.D behind your name you are nobody there. Non-existent career ladder or opportunity for growth if you are nursing staff or related fields.

Respect all employees regardless of titles, need for more stringent policies which would reduce abuses, bring in younger (thus fresher ideas) administrative staff with not just research experience but with patient care experience. And value your nurses and nurse assistants they make things happen too!

The warmest, most supportive and collegial work environment I have ever experienced.

I have been working at Rockefeller University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

From day one I was met with the friendliest team of professionals I have ever encountered in my career. The entire group works as a real team and supports each other in every project whenever necessary.

Cons

This is not really a con, but you will never want to leave. I have had many opportunities to move on from Rockefeller, but I have never found anything quite like the atmosphere of success at Rockefeller.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockefeller University

Worked for Rockefeller University? Contribute to the Community!