Texas Instruments

www.ti.com
  www.ti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Retirement Home with Benefits!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

Texas Instruments is a great place to work in two scenarios: (1) you are a career starter and need someplace to get your bearings with decent exposure to technology, or (2) you are looking at an impending retirement and for a chance to simply while away your time with benefits.

Cons

TI's first big downside is the retirement home mentality ingrained within the organization. This is quite frustrating. The atmosphere severely lacks motivation, enthusiasm and sense of ownership and pride.

Second, the company overall seems to have entirely lost its sense of direction. It wastes enormous quantities of time and resources chasing around after incredibly stupid projects that never see the light of day.

First and foremost - FOCUS! Think of a viable strategy and stick to it.

Next, get some spirit and drive into this company. A culture change is badly required.

1223 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

OK at Texas Instruments

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

Large, Diverse, focused, has work life balance

Cons

Sales Oriented; Less importance to innovation

Invest a little more in innovation; don't just do bean counting;

Texas Instruments is a safe place to work.

Former Employee - Student Program Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Student Program Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

Texas Instruments is a laid back company. The summer I worked there (summer 2008), it was a pretty easy job as a software development co-op. The pay is pretty good, and I got a job offer without trying hard with a pretty good starting salary. The main building is pretty cool when you walk down the central hall, with skylights and trees. It seems that it is hard to fail in this company.

Cons

The office space is a bit drab, row after row of beige cubicles really takes it out of you. While the work I did was easy, it was pretty boring, and I found myself struggling to stay awake in the morning hours. The people that worked around me were not especially nice, and I was unable to get to know any full-time employees, although I made several friends that were co-ops. My particular co-op assignment was in a small group with no other co-ops, so I worked by myself pretty much all the time, which was boring.

Make the work more fun. Increase collaborative work.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments