1010data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 1010data

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume in a career fair at my university. Got an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. She asked some HR questions and scheduled a phone interview with an engineer. The next interview were mostly related to the post I was applying for. Then I was invited for on-site. There were six 1:1 interviews. Most of the questions were about my resume. Know your resume well! I didn't have to do any whiteboard coding. Although I had to develop and discuss some algorithms. The company doesn't provide any lunch. They don't give you any break to have lunch, either. It was very exhausting experience.

Interview Questions

• How to implement some of the very known algorithms in a distributed system. I can't be more elaborate because of NDA.   Answer Question

I didn't like NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

through college career fair, didn't apply online, a month later I got an interview.Background first, then a coding problem. Since I didn't prepare well, I only got the phone interview. The HR is really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 min phone interview with a developer at the company. Basic algorithm questions like sorting and searching, nothing too difficult. The interviewer was very nice and asked me to walk through the problem. There was no live coding. If you pass the first round you'll get invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous internships, resume screening, basic algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 1010data.

Interview

30min phone interview and then gave me an take home exercise. I answered all the technical question and finished the exercise, but I got a reject in the next day!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

This is a thirty minutes phone interview. First ask about my resume, mostly interested in distributed system. One question for me is that do I know the difference between mysql and nosql. He also asked that do I know something about parallel programming except in C. Then ask me an algorithm question. He asked me if I know about the programming language they use called K. I never heard about it and got rejected.

Interview Questions

• For an array of size n, there are numbers from i to i + n in it with one missing number. Design algorithm finding the missing number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A technical phone interview, then an onsite with 4 rounds. The interview process was fine, but they have not gotten back to me since. It has been 3 weeks. I also don't expect to get my reimbursement for travel since they are so unorganized.

Interview Questions

1010data Response

Dec 27, 2016 – Sr. Manager, Talent

Sorry for your troubles! We have checked high and low and cannot find any Software Engineers who have come on site in the past month that have yet to receive feedback. Ditto for the reimbursement... More

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Starting from a first round interview with the founder, the second round was more of a coding one. There were simple questions asked from CS Data structures/Algorithms and I had to code it on stypi. This was followed by a small discussion about the company, type of work that the interns do etc.

Two days later, I got a call for the onsite interview. The people were very friendly, and the office was nice. I had two rounds of interview that day, that lasted at about 2 hrs, plus a brief discussion on the company. Couple of days later, I got a mail saying that they had already found a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly some coding exercises on the n-ary tree, followed by a Breadth first search. The interviewer required the most optimal solution for the same.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school and was selected for a phone interview. An hour before the call was scheduled to start, I was informed the interviewer needed to postpone the interview by 30 minutes. The interviewer was then about 10-15 minutes late for this updated time.

While I was waiting for the call I read the Glassdoor reviews of the company which were increasingly strongly negative about the company's product, management, and tech stack.

When the interviewer finally called me I politely told him I was no longer interested in the position.

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional !!! No show for initial phone screening. I was then contacted two days later asking that I please agree to speaking directly to hiring manager. I had this phone conversation which went well, and was invited to NY office for five hour interview. There was no follow up from 1010data although I called and emailed HR and interviewing managers.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at 1010data (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Got the interview after talking to a recruiter on a campus career fair event. The HR manager called me and told me that they were expecting to hire someone to be able to work full-time after the internship. Since I need another three to four years to finish my PhD degree, the initial conversion ended. Completely had no clue why they set this interview up...

Interview Questions

• When are you graduating? (that's the only question she asked)   Answer Question