1E Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.2

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took about two to three weeks. My phone screen was rescheduled twice due to a change in schedule on the hiring team's end. I finally was brought in for an in person interview (with the HR Coordinator and Head of HR), which seemed to go well. I was asked to prepare a presentation and bring it in for my final interview. Upon arriving, I was told that none of the people who were supposed to meet with me were in the office for a variety of reasons, so I interviewed with the Head of HR again, instead, and would have a phone call with the VP of HR since he could not make it. I followed up with a thank you and request for details on my upcoming phone call. I waited a WEEK with no response before sending another follow-up. Eventually was rejected from consideration. I was treated with dignity within the interviews but their planning is erratic and disorganized. My advice is to pursue but remain skeptical.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 1E (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with management with increasing responsibility within 1E. Most of the interviews were about them selling me on the virtues of their technology and the timing within the market.

Interview Questions

• What is your 20, 60, 90 day plan?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Interview

Easy process. Only took 2 weeks. No crazy questions. Being a good personality fit for the company is important. They want to hire smart people who can learn. They are willing to train you and help you develop and grow within the company.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with COO/President a couple of times, built a good relationship and felt I had the position locked. The recruiter felt I was going to get it as well. Then I met the CEO, who was odd, disconnected and rather distracted from the process. He felt I didn't have enough leadership experience despite coming from a company where I managed more people!

From my read of the comments I am glad I didn't sign up with this hellhole of a place.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Awful Interview Process. Went on 5 interviews, negotiated Salary and The Company never got back to me with an answer. I was promised several times the job, and even in writing but the actual paperwork never came through. The Manager never called or emailed me after several attempts of following up. Be careful with this company because it isn't right they treat people this way.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (Cleveland, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with VP then meeting with him, VP of services and President of America's

Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were via word of mouth from respected people in the industry. This was followed up by phone calls about skills and culture and job description. As I was already well known in the space my next step was two technical calls. One for details about Systems Management the second about project methodology as well as solutions architecture. Following these and candid conversations a local employee and his wife met my wife and i for dinner to answer any questions in a low pressure environment. The final step was to travel to the NYC office for a face to face interview. They were far more concerned that I fit well with the mentality and excited. They provided motivation and listened candidly to ensure that not only could I help them accomplish being the best but that they could make me better.

Interview Questions

• The scenario was around technical questions that no one has an answer to. It was such an interesting discussion on how to solve a common issue without a clear direction. Instead of me working by myself to provide or fumble or quantify the issue.. we had an actual discussion on how implement and measure a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. By using resources freely available i was able to set a number before the negotiations started. However, their opening offer was off the scale. Nice to know that when they want you they mean it. Always keep in mind even if you can't get the right base number, bonus, and extras are always negotiable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was for a position consulting on Microsoft middleware that 1e writes extensions for and also helps install optimize the system. Three people on the interview and one of the interviewers set the tone very confrontational and grilled me over deep-dive questions I didn't have answers for but are easily answered via TechNet or Google. Nothing about soft customer skills, ability to troubleshoot issues, or workflow. Just which log file has x info in it? How many line items in a stock install? and such. I love 1E and their products, but this was an horrible interview experience.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1E.

Interview

The communication was excellent right from the first call from HR. They provided enough details about the company as well as reminded about the scheduled interview through many channels. On reaching the premises of the company, there was zero waiting time before the process started. All the people involved from the company were very professional and soft spoken. The first round was a coding round with the interviewer right next to you.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR Round
    Telephonic
    Online Test
    Skype Interview
    Process was very normal, which is comfortable with the telephonic. Good thing about interviewer was : He is coll and very subjective with the content what we were discussing.

Interview Questions

• Very normal questions about technologies used as every interview does   Answer Question