1E Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sumir Karayi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible working hours so good work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Few good people and Industry experts across the globe (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They had countless numbers of VPs of Sales in 4 years and cleaned out all sales management 2 times while I was there (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management, especially the CEO in London, in extremely incompetent at managing the company (in 4 reviews)

"Account Director"

Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I worked at 1E full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Innovative technology, strong culture, solid ROI

Cons

Sales management stability. 6 different sales leaders over the last 8 years

2. "Recommended with Reservations"

I worked at 1E full-time

Pros

Loved the tech, some really smart technical support staff, had fun

Cons

Boys Club culture, tech is overly dependent on what Microsoft may or may not do with their tech

Advice to Management

Keep Sales and Marketing leads long enough to have impact

3. "Horrible company with irrelevant products"

I worked at 1E full-time

Pros

You got your base salary. Commission didn't exist

Cons

Since the products wouldn't sell, there was little hope of collecting a commission. Just a horrible company that has management looking to scapegoat people when they themselves are the problem.

Advice to Management

Try staying the course for longer than a month at a time.

"If you hire the best, listen to them (message to management)"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at 1E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great talent both in sales and development.

Cons

Incredibly high turnover. At one point reported turnover was in excess of 30% (may have been 40%) annually. The line from the CEO was that he needed to look into that. The turnover continues.

CEO governs with a whim - what is great today is wrong tomorrow (and will blame others). They had countless numbers of VPs of Sales in 4 years and cleaned out all sales management 2 times while I was there. Morale is low as a result.

Classic case of a technologist not knowing how to run a company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Stop saying you hire the best - only to ignore them. Constant layoffs will never build the company.

"Good product and technology. VERY BAD senior management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at 1E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Talented engineers who are experts in their field
    -Excellent medical benefits. Fully paid and great coverage
    -Flexible work arrangement. Can work from home a lot.
    -Convenient office location located right across Penn Station

Cons

-Senior management, especially the CEO in London, in extremely incompetent at managing the company. I remember interviewing with the CEO via Skype and seeing him smile for 5 seconds and then resumed to a very awkward facial expression. He micromanages everything and runs the company with no strategy. Every decision is based on a whim.
    -HIGH turn-over rate. I repeat-HIGH turnover rate. I was there for less than a year and most of my colleagues I worked with are gone by now. Senior management conducts huge layoffs every quarter. Employee morale is low and office politics are toxic, so much so that everyone runs around finding new jobs while praying not to get fired before finding their next employer.
    -Management plays favorites. This is definitely an old boy's club. If you're in the club, you will be covered. If not, you're out the door the next day when management decides they need a new "direction".

Advice to Management

If you don't care about your employees, you will not survive very long in this business as good talents don't stay for the amount of disrespect they receive here on a daily basis. Work on the culture and stop doing layoffs every three months because you have no strategy and blame that on hard-working employees.

"Poisonous Environment to Work in"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I worked at 1E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They used to be a fun place to work where you could charge hard and bring solutions to your customers that helped them out. The culture also used to be more relaxed to work at.

Cons

First big blood-letting in 2013 with 40% of the work force cut started the poisonous environment.
    Worked through a couple of the cuts which just created a more and more negative place to work. My manager told me that the "rats are fleeing the sinking ship and get off while you can."
    CEO and President are arrogant and hate anyone questioning their ever-changing vision of where the company should go. They had 4 VPs of Sales in 4 years and cleaned out all Sales management 2 times in three years. Instead of realizing that the products didn't work as advertised they continually blamed sales. Only reason they are still around is because their only competition in one market(Adaptiva) is just as inept as they are.
    MIcrosoft will eventually put both 1E and Adaptiva out of business with enhancements to System Center that make their products obsolete.

Advice to Management

Keep your resume current because you will not last more than 18 months.

"Great CEO and VP America"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at 1E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome list of clients, you'll work with some of the largest and most prestigious enterprises in the world. CEO that really cares about his products and his customers.

Cons

Some of the products need some love - and are often "sold" with features that are more on paper than reality.

"Leadership remains a challenge"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 1E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Concept for the products is terrific; however, the company has had trouble executing on the vision for what the products are supposed to do. Firm feels like a life-style company for the senior team.

Cons

Leadership is closely controlled by majority owner and friends, who struggle to create a positive culture while navigating the firm. Decisions are created and abandoned very quickly, leading to confusion and lack of commitment to a common goal.

Advice to Management

Add external leadership and board voices

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Dynamic and growing really quickly. I enjoy working with such passionate and intelligent individuals. We've gone through our ups and downs but being however we've just had our most successful 2 quarters in the history of the company. This just proves that we're doing something right. I've learned so much here that will really benefit me in my career. Flex time is really great, benefits are also very good.

Cons

Communication could be a bit better

1E Response

Apr 1, 2015 – VP Global HR

Thanks you for the positive feedback. It's great to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are striving to get the balance of communication right. Please do let us know if you would like to... More

"Poorly Managed, Chaotic & Hostile Environment, High Turnover"

Pros

- some of the staff are quite friendly and fun to be around during the day
    - a free stocked kitchen and really nice benefits package are nice perks

Cons

- constant employee churn means staff are always so anxious that they are next to be axed. one day we're told we are the best in the business and then on another day multiple people are fired.
    - it appears that management and human resources have no interest in resolving conflicts and would rather just eliminate any person who seems to be stirring the pot or looking for help with an issue.
    - management is extremely volatile and big changes are implemented regularly and without warning or communication. seems like the company is run based on the CEO's mood/feelings rather than what's right for the direction of the business. changes have been ineffective and bad for company morale
    - very political environment where promotions are given to people who boost manager's egos
    - unspoken expectations are set for people and there is very little training available

Advice to Management

- listen to the staff's concerns instead of just removing them from the company
    - bring in more experienced executive management