3D Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3D Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the SQA manager, then a phone interview with one of the engineers from SQA, then an on-site interview time was setup. During the on-site interview portion, I was interviewed in three sessions: (1) with the SQA manager and an HR personel, (2) the engineer I had the phone interview with plus a second SQA engineer, (3) some of the other engineering staff that I would be interacting with. Following that interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall it was an easy interview and very relaxed setting. I had one phone interview and then in-person interviews with four employees. A lot of the interviews were really just talking about my life, my interests, and describe one line on my resume that makes me qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had a part with many overhang angles and no matter which way the part is oriented, there are overhangs that won't print well, what would suggest as a solution?   1 Answer

Nov 17, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello and thank you for sharing your interview feedback on Glassdoor. I'm glad to hear your hiring experience was positive and I appreciate your outside the box answer to the interview question you... More

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview process was pretty straightforward. I had a call from a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then brought in for face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager and three other people onsite, with a final follow up with the recruiter again. I received an offer a few days after the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with an internal video that was in process and asked to provide my thoughts on editing it.   1 Answer

Sep 11, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Thank you for sharing your experience of interviewing at 3D Systems and congratulations on your offer. We're so glad to have you on the team.

Kind regards,
    Nicole Helprin, VP Culture and... More

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC).

Interview

It took multiple phone calls to get an interview. After 2 phone interviews, I was invited onsite for a series of one on one interviews. It was one on one interviews with several different employees. It took a while as they had to scramble to find someone to fill in at the last minute. The entire process, from filling out the application to getting an offer took about 3.5 months. I was asked to leave my job at the time on 2 days notice. I politely declined.

Interview Questions

• Generally I got the same types of questions as most interviews. Why do you want to leave your current job, why do you want this job, what are your skills, cons, etc... It was actually made up of 3 different people giving me 3 different interviews. There was no coordination between the interviewers though and so I ended up answering the same questions 3 times. A foreshadowing of the company as a whole.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to come in for a brief (15-20 min), in-person, screening interview where I was told a little more about what the job would entail, we reviewed my resume, and I had a chance to ask questions. The first interview was 1-on-1 with the person who would have been my immediate boss, had I been hired (the head of VSP Orthognathics).

After this first interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview. During the first part of the second interview, the same person I met with in the first interview took me on a tour of the facility and explained a bit more about how the company works and the overall project flow (the stages of development that each case goes through). For the second part of the interview, I sat down with a total of 4 people (the head of VSP Orthognathics, the head of VSP overall, the VP of Devices, and the Director of Operations for 3DS Healthcare). I was told that since this position requires interacting with surgeons, some of the higher-ups wanted a say in who filled it. This part of the interview was more of a traditional interview. The questions focused on digging into my experience as it related to the core job functions (tell us more about your imaging experience, education, presentation / communication experience...) and my fit with the company culture (helping, asking for help as needed, what do you like to do for fun...). We also discussed some of the demands / challenges of the job (long hours during the busy seasons, dealing with rude or unhappy customers...) to make sure I was prepared for that. I also had an opportunity to ask my questions. The general atmosphere of the interview was relatively relaxed. Everyone I met with was very nice and friendly.

It took a little over 3 weeks to hear back after the second interview, which was odd after the first 2 interviews happened within a week of each other. I didn't get any responses to the follow-up emails that I sent. But I did eventually get a form email back telling me they were not going to pursue me for the position, which was at least some closure / resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you helped someone / a group of people.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was made up of three separate sessions of two interviewers each. Each sessions lasted approximately 30 minutes. Each panel's questions were very similar to the other.

Interview Questions

• With your qualifications, why do you desire a lower level position?   1 Answer
    • Being someone that has a military career, how will you adjust to having to perform the work instead of delegating your work.   1 Answer

Oct 10, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

I appreciate you for sharing your feedback from your interview experience. I’m truly sorry that one of our interview questions caused offense. That was clearly not our intention and your feedback... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems in February 2014.

Interview

easy, basic questions "tell me about a time" questions. Interviewers seem bored to be there. They have to interview, not really an exciting opportunity, needed the job so I took it when offered.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were challenged in your past job   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 3D Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

3D Systems was a great company to work for. I think with any company there are challenges but with all thing being equal, I would recommend this company for any sales rep. The people are wonderful and it's great to work with intelligent people. The atmosphere is relaxed so you can focus on hitting your goals. I learned so much working for this company unfortunately I had to move so I was not able to continue my time with them. If you are looking for a great company who is growing, take a look at 3D Systems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The overall process of the interview was average and like most corporations. Just be sure to study the company and be yourself.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person twice. Once with admins and next with hiring manager. One of the managers didn't even show up for the interview himself! Showed a desperate need for an admin! It took a long time to hear back from them, but I did get the job eventually.

Interview Questions

• Working for two managers, how do you split your time and prioritze?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiable, according to HR (now I know better).

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems.

Interview

An application, phone screening by HR, phone interview by hiring manager, and then face to face with multiple people. Some who were so removed from my area they did not know what to ask. After 2 weeks an offer was made. It was so low with less then standard industry benefits that I rejected it.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with 4 multi-functional people on site, 4 phone interviews. The range of interviewees was multi-functional and different levels, there was thorough reference checking and background check. Interviews were very professional and well conducted.