3D Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.4

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to come in for a brief (15-20 min), in-person, screening interview where I was told a little more about what the job would entail, we reviewed my resume, and I had a chance to ask questions. The first interview was 1-on-1 with the person who would have been my immediate boss, had I been hired (the head of VSP Orthognathics).

After this first interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview. During the first part of the second interview, the same person I met with in the first interview took me on a tour of the facility and explained a bit more about how the company works and the overall project flow (the stages of development that each case goes through). For the second part of the interview, I sat down with a total of 4 people (the head of VSP Orthognathics, the head of VSP overall, the VP of Devices, and the Director of Operations for 3DS Healthcare). I was told that since this position requires interacting with surgeons, some of the higher-ups wanted a say in who filled it. This part of the interview was more of a traditional interview. The questions focused on digging into my experience as it related to the core job functions (tell us more about your imaging experience, education, presentation / communication experience...) and my fit with the company culture (helping, asking for help as needed, what do you like to do for fun...). We also discussed some of the demands / challenges of the job (long hours during the busy seasons, dealing with rude or unhappy customers...) to make sure I was prepared for that. I also had an opportunity to ask my questions. The general atmosphere of the interview was relatively relaxed. Everyone I met with was very nice and friendly.

It took a little over 3 weeks to hear back after the second interview, which was odd after the first 2 interviews happened within a week of each other. I didn't get any responses to the follow-up emails that I sent. But I did eventually get a form email back telling me they were not going to pursue me for the position, which was at least some closure / resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you helped someone / a group of people.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer/Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Littleton, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for 2 positions for 2 groups within the company, but each one was different so I'll split them up:

The process for first position was pretty typical: I applied, got a 30 minute phone screen a week later, followed by an in-person interview a week after that. The interview had multiple stages: one with the VP, one with a director and an engineer, and the last with an engineer and an HR person. They asked pretty standard questions, no curveball questions. However, they flat out told me I was a poor candidate for the position after the interview, but to still have hope as upper management might think differently. Wtf? Afterwards, they strung me out for 5 weeks before sending an automated email saying I didn't get the position. They weren't responsive to my biweekly follow ups either.

The second position called me in for an in person interview over a month after I submitted for the position. At first I assumed the person I interviewed with skipped the phone screen because I'd interviewed there before, but turns out he only talked to me for 20 minutes and that interview served the purpose of the phone screen. WTF?? Why make me drive over an hour to get there and take time off of work if you could've just phone screened me first?? And of course, despite my biweekly follow ups I haven't heard from him in a month. It was insulting since I had a special skill necessary for the position that he said none of his other candidates had and that I was a top candidate. Luckily I got another better job offer elsewhere that I took so he screwed himself over. I sure won't be working for him!

To sum it up, 3D systems doesn't seem to have any respect for its candidates as it strings them out with little communication after interviews. They also waste their candidates' time by either bringing in candidates that turn out to be a poor fit or by doing stupid stuff like conducting a phone screen in person. I won't be applying to their open positions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: What are your weaknesses? What do you think makes you a good candidate? Blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the SQA manager, then a phone interview with one of the engineers from SQA, then an on-site interview time was setup. During the on-site interview portion, I was interviewed in three sessions: (1) with the SQA manager and an HR personel, (2) the engineer I had the phone interview with plus a second SQA engineer, (3) some of the other engineering staff that I would be interacting with. Following that interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems.

Interview

An application, phone screening by HR, phone interview by hiring manager, and then face to face with multiple people. Some who were so removed from my area they did not know what to ask. After 2 weeks an offer was made. It was so low with less then standard industry benefits that I rejected it.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Golden, CO).

Interview

Sat down with 3 peer Engineers to discuss my background, experience. we talked about culture and work. Seemed pretty easy, they need workers there because of the busy winter season where you will work 12 hour days but only be compensated for you salary. High turnaround so beware!

Interview Questions

• How much design work have you done and can you tell me an example? what types of software did you uses? Auditing questions.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with 4 multi-functional people on site, 4 phone interviews. The range of interviewees was multi-functional and different levels, there was thorough reference checking and background check. Interviews were very professional and well conducted.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at 3D Systems.

Interview

First was a phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview started in morning and lasted for the whole day. First few rounds were technical and between easy to difficult. Around noon, they took me out for lunch where they will judge on cultural fit. It seemed all people from all the teams were assigned for my interview. After lunch, there were few more rounds with different managers and I was really exhausted by that time talking about the my experience over and over again with each new set of people. Few days later recruiter informed me that there will be few more technical rounds from teams sitting in different geographical locations over skype and phone. Overall, I think the whole interview process was pretty long. I recommend to do a good research about their business because there will be many questions focused on that.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about our web site? How will you improve it?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Cross-functional interviews-- you meet with people that you would interact with from different departments. I met with about 5 different people and got their point of view on the organization, it was a very interesting experience!

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with chaos?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Engineering Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 3D Systems (Rock Hill, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Lots of interviews (10+ people), but the process with disconnected and the opportunity was ultimately cancelled due to organizational changes. There seemed to be mixed feelings from the interviewers about the state of the company, the structure of the organization, and the management style of the CEO. The interviewers seemed overwhelmed by the amount of work ahead. Exciting company with an exciting product line, but they didn't seem to have a common set of objectives.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working in a face-paced/unstructured environment?   Answer Question

Innovation Specialist Interview

Interview

Video interview. Awesome experience.