3D Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
3D Systems President & CEO Vyomesh Joshi
Vyomesh Joshi

Pros
Cons
  • Not much room for growth or advancement (in 6 reviews)

• I would have to look for all information as there was no-one to train me and there were no people to help me with finding simple information (in 8 reviews)

"Great Technology - not so great Management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is amazing
    Potential
    Some people do care and work hard

Cons

Too many VPs
    People pass the buck
    Employees don't care
    No real procedures in place/Lack of training

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people who have been there too long and don't care - need to change the culture from within and create a more positive work environment.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hi. I want to personally respond to your feedback. As the VP of Culture and Engagement, I truly care about the experience our employees (including you) are having. I agree with you—our technology ... More

"Work environment was hellish."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cannot come up with a good thing to say about the company. It thinks it is still the leader in the industry.

Cons

More Chiefs than companies 10 times their size. Yet no one leads. Cronies are getting wealthy. Most people just go through the motions until they can find a better job.

Advice to Management

Cut about 15 useless VP's. Hire more workers.

"inconsistent and unfair"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's better than having no job.

Cons

inconsistent in their regulatory practices:

tolerates a hostile workplace environment

HR is lazy --- if there is an infraction that is obviously a disturbance, barely anything is done. However, if someone steals a Dannon Yogurt from the break room fridge, that's some high priority emails blasted out to everybody but the big bosses.

Condescending - if you are a professional, don't be expected to be treated like one.

Advice to Management

stop micromanaging -- upper management, scrutinize the middle management a lot more closely.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hi. I want to respond to your comment. As a company, we absolutely do not tolerate a hostile workplace environment. I encourage you to reach out and talk to me personally about your situation ... More

4. "Finance"

Current Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great exciting company with good benefits, fair pay and a lot of flexibility. Dog friendly ! Getting better with the open environment being addressed and the new CEO has a lot of tasks in place for employee appreciation and the ability to advance!

Cons

Management isn't very good, lots of favoritism no real respect I'm for growth unless you have a Bachelors degree and there isn't great communication or teammates knowing each other or knowing what other areas do and no org chart ! Excited to see what happens with the new CEO in place !!! Things should get much better!

Advice to Management

Treat employees equally, be fair, communication must get better and training must improve!

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hi. I want to personally respond to your feedback. As the VP of Culture and Engagement I really care about what our employees have to say. I appreciate you taking the time to share what you like ... More

5. "Good"

Current Employee - Some Guy in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Some Guy in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and team collaboration are on point.

Cons

I don't really have anything to give in this area just typing so I can get to the next page.

Advice to Management

Better off not putting anything in this area. 3D systems is a great company and with VJ as CEO its been awesome!

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello Some Guy in Denver, I just want to personally thank you for your feedback. I truly care about the experience our employees are having and it is great to hear about yours. I also appreciate ... More

"Cool technology but to much management!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Support in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Support in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to understand the technology behind 3D printing and how it works. The salary offered for the role was competitive.

Cons

TO much management. When the new CEO came in he was going to re-structure that.... that seemed to have been done with to much new management. Give recognition to the hard working employees that support the product/infrastructure. It seems that some teams run to lean causing to much work and a breakdown in processes/procedures. There was no chance to move up or advance. Lots of negativity and the simple "hi" to people walking by in the hallways was hard to get.

Advice to Management

It seems that the new CEO is trying to bring in the right people, however there is way to much upper management/director positions being filled. Hire workers that support all those users and give those users that support the office the bandwidth to help take care of the users within those offices. Lots of users that I came in contact with had said there were not enough support people to support ALL the people.

7. "Patiently optomistic?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

defining the application of a disruptive technology.

Cons

still working in the background.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. I'm not quite sure what "working in the background" means but my door (or phone) is open to you if you would like to talk about it more. Nicole Helprin ... More

"Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marketable skills. Fun coworkers. Interesting product to work with. Seems like all admin and clerical staff enjoyed their work and environment. May have been a good place for those with technology skills in the beginning as there are senior techs who do get treated well and enjoy their jobs.

Cons

Does not play well with contractors. Not kind to production line employees at all. Daily browbeating by lower management due lack of planning by those further up. Low wages for production line employees even after you learn your whole product line and then some.

Advice to Management

Lack of planning on your part does not justify the mistreatment of the production line employees. Also: levels of respect for employees should be consistant across the entire organization.

Jun 2, 2017 – VP, Culture and Engagement

Hello. Thank you for your comment. As the VP of Culture and Engagement I take all feedback seriously. This is not consistent with our company values and I will look into it further. Nicole ... More

9. "Outlook is looking good so far..........."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and fun Technology we work with. Great team work happening here more and more. People here are Great. I would love to have given it a 5 star but we have't reach that point yet. Future looks very promising.

Cons

I have been here now for a year and have heard so much negativity on how this company was before I started. Seems like they have weed out most of the not so good people. This is the new 3d Systems let's leave what happen in the past stay in the past and that mentality with it.

Advice to Management

I would have to say communicate more with your team or at least the ones you Direct.

10. "Medical technical Writer"

Current Employee - Technical Writer/Information Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Writer/Information Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an opportunity to review medical topics with new advances and enhancemenets in technology. This create availabilities to design and collaborate while viewing other designs for inspiring new designs with a foundation. The develops interactive product development with interactive prototyping to push for elevated problem solving and solution in break throughs for medical access within a community

Cons

travel requirment with rearranged schedule to attend and create meeting opportunies

Advice to Management

The interest in this opportunity is create a developing progression of new and imagery driven design with a foundation of technical writing to seek challenges to advance platforms.