3D Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
3D Systems President & CEO Vyomesh Joshi
Vyomesh Joshi

Pros
Cons
  • Does not seem to have much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

• No integrity from upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Technology - not so great Management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is amazing
    Potential
    Some people do care and work hard

Cons

Too many VPs
    People pass the buck
    Employees don't care
    No real procedures in place/Lack of training

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people who have been there too long and don't care - need to change the culture from within and create a more positive work environment.

"Going down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers were the best. Leaders were trusting and supportive before the merging. Used to focus on efficiency and willing to test out new ideas.

Cons

Terrible health benefit. Experienced big shakeup during and after merging. All the outstanding coworkers left. Board named new executives were horrible.

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Some Guy in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Some Guy in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and team collaboration are on point.

Cons

I don't really have anything to give in this area just typing so I can get to the next page.

Advice to Management

Better off not putting anything in this area. 3D systems is a great company and with VJ as CEO its been awesome!

5. "Finance"

Current Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great exciting company with good benefits, fair pay and a lot of flexibility. Dog friendly ! Getting better with the open environment being addressed and the new CEO has a lot of tasks in place for employee appreciation and the ability to advance!

Cons

Management isn't very good, lots of favoritism no real respect I'm for growth unless you have a Bachelors degree and there isn't great communication or teammates knowing each other or knowing what other areas do and no org chart ! Excited to see what happens with the new CEO in place !!! Things should get much better!

Advice to Management

Treat employees equally, be fair, communication must get better and training must improve!

"Cool technology but to much management!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Support in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Support in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to understand the technology behind 3D printing and how it works. The salary offered for the role was competitive.

Cons

TO much management. When the new CEO came in he was going to re-structure that.... that seemed to have been done with to much new management. Give recognition to the hard working employees that support the product/infrastructure. It seems that some teams run to lean causing to much work and a breakdown in processes/procedures. There was no chance to move up or advance. Lots of negativity and the simple "hi" to people walking by in the hallways was hard to get.

Advice to Management

It seems that the new CEO is trying to bring in the right people, however there is way to much upper management/director positions being filled. Hire workers that support all those users and give those users that support the office the bandwidth to help take care of the users within those offices. Lots of users that I came in contact with had said there were not enough support people to support ALL the people.

7. "Patiently optomistic?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

defining the application of a disruptive technology.

Cons

still working in the background.

"Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Assembler in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marketable skills. Fun coworkers. Interesting product to work with. Seems like all admin and clerical staff enjoyed their work and environment. May have been a good place for those with technology skills in the beginning as there are senior techs who do get treated well and enjoy their jobs.

Cons

Does not play well with contractors. Not kind to production line employees at all. Daily browbeating by lower management due lack of planning by those further up. Low wages for production line employees even after you learn your whole product line and then some.

Advice to Management

Lack of planning on your part does not justify the mistreatment of the production line employees. Also: levels of respect for employees should be consistant across the entire organization.

9. "Outlook is looking good so far..........."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great and fun Technology we work with. Great team work happening here more and more. People here are Great. I would love to have given it a 5 star but we have't reach that point yet. Future looks very promising.

Cons

I have been here now for a year and have heard so much negativity on how this company was before I started. Seems like they have weed out most of the not so good people. This is the new 3d Systems let's leave what happen in the past stay in the past and that mentality with it.

Advice to Management

I would have to say communicate more with your team or at least the ones you Direct.

10. "Medical technical Writer"

Current Employee - Technical Writer/Information Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Writer/Information Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an opportunity to review medical topics with new advances and enhancemenets in technology. This create availabilities to design and collaborate while viewing other designs for inspiring new designs with a foundation. The develops interactive product development with interactive prototyping to push for elevated problem solving and solution in break throughs for medical access within a community

Cons

travel requirment with rearranged schedule to attend and create meeting opportunies

Advice to Management

The interest in this opportunity is create a developing progression of new and imagery driven design with a foundation of technical writing to seek challenges to advance platforms.

11. "Progress in the right direction"

Former Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Finance in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at 3D Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cool technology and a lot of passionate coworkers. The new executive team is a lot more open to ideas and seems to be driving the company in the right direction.

Cons

The open workspace was by far the biggest issue. But from what I understand, that's finally being handled in phases.