3i Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3i Group

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 3i Group (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Extensive interview process. A 30 min interview with each investment professional at the fund. Some are an hour long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3i Group (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied from university. The interview process was relatively straight forward. I was interviewed for a 1:1 and the focus was on personality fit. Very little in the way of hard skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions specifically related to fit, and some soft skills.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 3i Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

CV review followed by numerical and verbal testing. Phone interview with a few competency questions and a few fit questions, then "Masterclass" at their offices where you present a case study in a group and finally an assessment centre. Masterclass was hard to stand out in as everything was done it groups.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3i Group in November 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews all very positive. First round after initial online tests and HR phone interview was a group exercise. No different from anywhere else in the 'premier league'. Great firm and would recommend the process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 3i Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

4 separate interviews in a mini interview cycle 10 minutes each with 5 to move around although this varied and depended on the questions they asked: 3 by finance teams 1 by HR. HR was soft skills and the finance ones were competency and motivation. 3 finance ones were split on a company valuation scenario, motivation and competency and tell me a time when scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 3i Group.

Poor pay

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 3i Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to careers event then networking events then invited to give group presentation. Not thorough assessment - it does not reveal what/who you actually are. V unusual process compared to investment banks, seem to place more focus on technical knowledge and opinions, not just your character.