4moms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4moms Interview Questions

3.1

Product Improvement Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Great interview and interviewees were laid back and friendly. HR was friendly and provided feedback to all my questions. They also explained the perks and benefits of the company too. I really enjoyed the explanation of the company's values as well.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

After meeting a 4moms rep at my school's career fair, I had two 30 minute conversations over phone and was invited to interview in person at their office in Pittsburgh, PA. The in person interview lasted 3-4 hours. My applicant group was taken on a tour of their very nice facilities and informed of the interview process. I then had three 30 minute interviews with a senior engineer, HR rep, and product engineer back to back. Lastly we were asked to take the Wonderlic test which I actually had a lot of fun with. I had a few questions left when the time ran out but I felt pretty good about it. Overall, the interview process was very thorough and left me with a strong sense of the unique culture at 4moms. I would like to think that with such a rigorous interview process I can expect to be working alongside some very talented individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very confident in their offer.

Mechanical CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall a positive experience. Definitely a high quality company that knows exactly what it is looking for and cares about adding the best possible people to their team.

Long, thorough, slow process. Total time from submitting resume to hearing final decision was 9 weeks. Long duration might have been primarily due to the fact that I was not local.

Interview steps/stages: Screening phone call with HR (30 min duration). Webcam interview with a total of 3 people (1 hour duration). in person interview with total of ~7 people (4 hours). At end of 4 hour in person interview there was a "test", i.e. demo of required skills (30 minute time limit).

There did seem to be some disconnect between those who wrote the job posting and those who were involved in the final hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Heads up on the Wonderlic test if you make it to the in person interview - 12 minutes 50 questions.   Answer Question
    • "Cultural interview" - Basically just hold a conversation with someone outside of your area of expertise.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

4 hour interview. Got a tour of facilities, asked to take wonderlic test and then met with HR, Finance, Marketing, and Sales. After about a week, I received a message saying they have reassessed their needs and the position is no longer needed. Someone should have assessed their needs prior to scheduling interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How are your excel skills? How would you feel moving into an open space environment (no cubes/offices)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 4moms.

Interview

Overall, the interview was a interview was friendly, but challenging. The most common question was to describe a time when an idea or solution of mine, in which I was invested, was turned down in favor of another idea/solution.

There were four, thirty minute interviews in total. The first interview was with someone from HR, who gave a tour of the office, went over the job description, benefits, etc., and administered a short IQ test of simple math problems. The second interview was with someone from sales who discussed the culture at 4moms and the "Words [4moms] Lives By." The third interview was with two project leads who asked some engineering questions and discussed problem-solving skills. The last interview was with two engineering managers who dug deep into my engineering portfolio and asked how I arrived at my solutions.

I felt confident leaving the interview, having connected with everyone on the need to be humble and work hard. A week later, one of the engineering managers followed up with a homework assignment to design a few novel mechanisms (within the context of the problem) and have me compare my designs for cost and manufacturability. Given the other engineers I knew who were interviewing, I wasn't confident about my homework answers, but I think I had a good fit within 4moms - I accepted a job offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• As an intern, I did not receive any major technical questions, but my engineering portfolio was thoroughly examined. In that respect, it is sometimes difficult to explain the rationale for designs from a couple years ago.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 4moms.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone after speaking with a representative at a career fair. The interview was fairly standard; asking about my experience, skills and education. Both the career fair rep and the interviewer asked what my hobbies were. What I found most surprising is that the interviewer asked me, and I quote, "so are you okay with $15 an hour?" I just felt that it was not very professional and it caught me off guard. I informed her that that was far less than the pay rate of my last position but I would be willing to work with them on that. I believe that because I said that I did not advance in the interview process.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 4moms (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone interview just to confirm a time for the full interview. Then I had an on-site which lasted a few hours and I talked with several people. First I talked with an HR person who asked behavioral questions. Then I took the wonderlic (very amusing). Then I talked with several project managers about technical things, then with a person totally unrelated to engineering so he could get a feel for me as a cultural fit and ask me any general questions. Finally, they had me do a design challenge which was about making a new mechanical extender system for their strollers.

Then, I left and got an offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• You have 45 minutes to design this new stroller extending handle. Here is a stroller. How do you think we do it, and come up with a new solution.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at 4moms.

Interview

I was contacted after submitting resume. Phone interview was arranged within 24 hours. Employee conducting interview was very cool, laid back and detailed about the organization. If you get past teh ohne interviewer you will then come to hq and spedn a half day for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, "why interested?"and a walk through you resume. no canned questions but good specific questions based on your responses. Wasd told I would hear back between 3-5 days.   1 Answer

Part-timeBrand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at 4moms.

Interview

Phone screen, Google Hangout group interview, mystery shop & questionnaire followed by a face to face interview. All of those processes went rather quickly, however they left me with zero communication for 2.5 months after. No word on the position. Finally, an automated email was sent saying I did not get the position. Rude, unprofessional and in all around bad taste considering the amount of time spent during the 4 interview phases. I could care less about the job, I'm happy as a stay at home mom, but the position seemed like an engaging part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, it was the ambivalence of all involved that was the most difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Robotics/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 4moms in April 2014.

Interview

Initial I had a brief phone interview covering the standard HR questions. I was then invited down to Pittsburgh for an on-site interview. A wonderlic test is given before any interviews begin. The first interview comes from someone outside of your presumptive department. I next met with two project manager-level engineers, and finally with an engineering manager and the VP of engineering. There was a very simple technical question given in my second interview, and after the interviews I was contacted and given a redesign homework assignment to be completed in a week and submitted for evaluation.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were exceedingly challenging, so I suppose the wonderlic test was the most difficult part. The test itself is not difficult at all but you have to move quickly to ensure you finish within the time limit.   Answer Question