512 Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 512 Solutions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at 512 Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Confirmed on phone interview the following:
    Salary is a 'substitute' $300 a week. You will LOSE this if you under-perform on your sales, so effectively, it's a 100% commission job.
    You will be EXPECTED to carpool people to their locations before going to yours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. They're basically looking for charismatic, naive young college students/grads to send on sales missions around town for DirectTV (I got confirmation from Clair Hugo, front desk, that this is their ONLY client...don't be fooled by talk about 'international expansion').

If you're a warm body and can speak English, you're in. Bonus points if you have a car.

P.S. if you're still going to apply for an interview, ask VERY direct questions about your expected work duties.

These include:
      What times you'll be clocking
      The locations you'd drive to
      How the 'salaries' work
      How you obtain commission (very important -- grill them on this one, after all, you'll be essentially working for free until you get commission)
      What monetary compensation you will get from training fellow team members

You will quickly see what a scam this job is as 'expansionary policies', 'company growth', and 'midwest sales' are all the definite replies all you get back.

This company sells DirectTV to Walmarts/retail chains, and you will be expected to foot the gas bill (for yourself and others), and work 60+ hours a week for little (or no) pay.

If you're cool with that, then apply. But just be aware of these facts.   Answer Question

They gave very vague answers and flat refused to answer some of my questions.

Oct 14, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks of your feedback. DirecTV is not our only client, it is our only current client in our South Austin branch. We are certainly not looking for "warm bodies," but we are looking for candidates... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a job posting. The job posting sounded too good to be true. Unfortunately it was. I found out that the position was actually more of a door to door sales job with tons of traveling for min. wage w/ commission. The interviewer was definitely experienced and gave a lot good answers to questions I had without letting me know that the job was door to door sales. They instead used the term "face to face" approach to sales. Basically they dont lie to you everything they say is true, but they avoid telling you that the job is door to door sales job and make the job opening sound as amazing as possible in the process.

Interview Questions

• Who is somebody that has impacted your professional life greatly and why?   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2014 – Recruiting

We do not engage in any kind of "door-to-door" sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first interview consisted of basic questions, majority over resume. Second interview was field based and consisted of question over personal ability to sell product as well as motivation behind doing so. The second interview was intended to evaluate whether one would be a good fit with the company or not. Office atmosphere seemed upbeat and friendly. Majority of employees were in their young to mid twenties.

Interview Questions

Job description was not what I thought it would be once we got into the field. Was not looking to work without benefits and a steady salary. On the other hand, if you're looking for the ability to move up quickly in a company by the number of sales goals you reach, this would be the best fit for you. Paycheck depends on hoe much you sell.

Jun 11, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks for your straightforward feedback on our interview process! Just to clarify, we do offer a base pay with opportunity to earn more with commission, and benefits after 90 days to all members of... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

My interview experience at 512 was great! The first round of a three round interview process was with the Branch manager. Before the interview starts you are in the lobby with the receptionist and other applicants. Before the Branch manger Erica introduced herself and took the first applicant into her office, a few of the current Account managers walked by and introduced themselves to all the applicants. This really made 512 stand out to me. With most of my other interview experiences you are just kind of glanced at and walked past without a second thought. I could tell that the few people I did meet before I interviewed were happy with where they work.

Once it was my turn to interview with Erica she briefly described what they were looking for, and what the job entailed. We went over my CV, talked quite a bit, typical interview questions, none that stood out or were more difficult than previous interviews. The entire first round took around an hour. Half the time was waiting and the other half was spent interviewing. Erica lets you know that she will get back to you by 5pm the day of the interview to let you know if she is bringing you back for a second round later in the week.

My second round interview was scheduled for Friday, 5 days after my first round interview. The second round I went out with Erica again. She quickly set the guidelines for what we were doing for the interview. First part of the interview was lunch. While at lunch she broke down their Management training program. As well as how much they get paid, how their 40-hour workweek breaks down and answered any questions I had along the way. Everything was very transparent. After lunch we left to head over to the retail location so I could see first hand what it is that 512 does on a day-to-day basis. We spent about 15 minutes in store, and about 45 minutes at lunch. The whole second round interview was around an hour long. Erica ended the interview by giving me a few questions to submit via email before the end of the day in order to be considered for the position.

I got a call the day after my second round interview. On the call we reviewed the feedback from my interviews. After reviewing the feedback, all was well and the position was offered to me. I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were pretty typical. There wasn't one that stood out more than the rest. My only real advice is to make sure you get there with time to spare. I was not very familiar with South Austin and cut getting to my first round interview in time pretty close! And that was with driving there the day before to check it out.   Answer Question

Oct 14, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review of our interview process! We're glad you had a great experience!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 512 Solutions in September 2013.

Interview

Thy were three rounds of interviews at 512 Solutions. They were all very strategic and fully communicated to me prior to the process. I was told exactly what was expected and when it was expected by. I got to see the office culture, day to day expectations, and long term growth opportunity all BEFORE I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect to be asked about my family background. It was nice that the person who interviewed me wanted to know more about me than just me education background and past work experience.   Answer Question

Oct 27, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks for your positive thoughts on our interview process! We really do try to get to know the person as a whole, and not just define people by their last position.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The company does 3 interviews. The first one is pretty simple (some paperwork and a 15-20 minute interview with one of the managers). Everyone is really nice and I think the main goal is figuring out if a candidate is social and ambitious because most of the questions are around those two topics. Then there is a second interview to meet the whole team and then go out and see the campaign first-hand. Company culture is really important to management. They also want the candidate to feel good about the day-to-day roles and the career path so they don't waste time training the wrong person. If feedback from the second interviewer is on point, a final phone interview is set up with one of the primary hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in the first interview who my biggest professional influence was and I wasn't prepared for that.   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to review our interview process!

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 512 Solutions (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Do not waste your time on an interview-- this is a lie and a scam. I am continually disappointed in job posting sites that allow so many of these fake requisitions to post.

Interview Questions

• This is not anything like what the description suggests-- it is literally door-to-door sales. The "management program" is a 45-minute mandatory meeting every morning before you leave the "office" to try to sell enough product to make a decent paycheck that is FULLY based on commission.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. No benefits or salary could be negotiated; it's all commissioned-based door-to-door sales.

Oct 27, 2014 – Recruiting

We do not engage in door-to-door sales, and we do offer base pay. You may have us confused with someone else.