5AM Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5AM Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at 5AM Solutions

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 5AM Solutions (Rockville, MD).

Interview

very lengthy. have to do homework before they will even phone interview. have to do coding while on first phone interview. have to do 2 hour onsite with 4 people who can't say much about the private company and it's projects

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered $10K below what I was expecting.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at 5AM Solutions (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I went through a basic HR phone screening first that was nothing out of the ordinary. I had to fill out a questionnaire and homework. The questionnaire had some standard SDLC and framework questions, while the homework was a programming question. Fairly straightforward problem, but in addition to solving the problem they asked to include runtime information about the solution.

I had a second phone interview that was about one hour long. The topics covered experience on my resume, SDLC practices and opinions, and challenges/successes I had faced in my career.

The in-person interview consisted of technical and non-technical sessions, each an hour in length and conducted with two interviewers. While it was very thorough and in-depth, I didn't feel it was intentionally intimidating or filled with trick questions. I've been in several interviews where tricky programming questions are asked just to illicit a response and have the candidate think on their toes, but I didn't get that sort of strenuous pressure from this interview session.

Interview Questions

• Determine if two strings are anagrams without using any sorting.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 5AM Solutions.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the company pretty quickly.I was first contacted by an HR person who was very detailed and informative. Received a written skills and experience questionnaire to complete at home. Technical questions included questions about Java API, Java frameworks they work with, algorithm problems. Some technical questions ask you for your opinion about a certain framework/methodology, advantages/disadvantages etc.

Interview Questions

• Compare Hibernate to other persistence frameworks available and discuss why it is better or worse.   Answer Question

Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 5AM Solutions (Rockville, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone call with HR; Phone call with a person in similar job function; in person interviews with technical folks for skills and other folks for personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and educational benefits. It's good to have an existing offer on the table as a bargaining tool.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at 5AM Solutions (Rockville, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

I sent my resume to my friend who worked for the company, I got a phone call back. The phone screen had a few simple technical questions and went over my professional background. After the phone screen we scheduled a face to face interview and I was emailed a technical test. After submitting my response to the test I had a 2 hour interview. The first hour went over my professional history, during the second hour we dove deeper into the technical side of things. Once that was done I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum size of a file that can be stored as a LOB in mysql? Why? How can you work around that?   Answer Question
    • In a java method if you have one return statement at the end of a try block and another return statement at the end of a finally block which takes precedence? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be shy to ask for more money then you're offered originally, all reasonable proposals will be considered.