A. O. Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Ashland City, TN).

Interview

I was called by a talent acquisition employee, who proceeded to start the phone interview immediately, which I found off-putting. But the process moved quickly. I think they had interviewed a lot of people and were ready to find someone. I was asked to come in for an onsite interview pretty quickly. After that, I completed assessments, was asked to provide references, and talked with the top HR person over the course of the next week. I received an offer a week after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Ashland City, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on two different days (total of 10 different people) for a total of 12+ hours. Not intense, just a long second day when you talked to 6 people over an 8 hour period. Week after the interview, get an email stated they were impressed, very interested in me and they would make a decision within 8-10 days. Never heard back from them, emailed HR and still no reply.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and why you want to work here? (seems like that was a standard question to ask since 7 people asked me that same question.)   Answer Question

Customer Service Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith in October 2015.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early, waited 45 minutes and was given a fifteen minute interview! I had to ask if they wanted the application I spent an hour filling out as they never asked for it. The two interviewers seemed lifeless. They said they'd let me know. They didn't which considering their unprofessional behavior, I expected. So after arriving early, them showing up late with no apology or explanation, I think they are a pretty shoddy outfit. But I'm glad to know before I started working there. No wonder they have such a high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with multiple HR individuals in the Milwaukee office. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly. They were subject matter experts and it was great to hear their insights about each of their respective areas within the organization. The position seemed like a great role with a lot of cross-training opportunities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith.

Interview

Initially consisted of phone interview with a talent finder. I had a very short interview on the phone with the plant manager who set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of about 20 mins. conversation with the plant manager before a plant tour/question session with manufacturing engineering dept. manager. I don't remember specific questions (I mainly tried to sell them on me). After the in-person interview I received another call from the talent finder, who wanted to arrange a very brief phone interview with someone from human resource at the corporate level. I was given a job offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions. The whole experience was very laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The talent finder asked me what I expected for compensation. The offer was exactly what I asked for. Retirement options are standard for all salary employees. They offer an annual bonus that I was not expecting.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

They usually bring people in to their facilities to do an in-person interview, but I was living in Utah and was unable to come to Wisconsin for the interview. They instead did a phone call interview with me. They created a warm and friendly environment that helped me be calm and relaxed. Overall, I was very pleased with the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted their offer.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A. O. Smith in October 2013.

Interview

Upon submitting a resume they are very efficient at getting back to you in order to set up a time to interview. The HR manager arranged for me to meet with the hiring manager in that department along with someone doing the same work as the open position. During the interview they focused mostly on my ability for the position and what my future plans were.

Reliable Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A. O. Smith in December 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiting agency and then I interviewed by that agency. Then I gave two rounds of interview first with the human resources and then a group interview with the rechnical group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you have to apply your technical skills on the sitatution.   Answer Question