A. O. Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at A. O. Smith

2.7

CI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Charlotte, NC) in January 2019.

Interview

Very transparent and easy to answer questions. Talked about work experience, current climate, business challenges, and current state focus. Also talked about potential opportunities and the cultural challenges of being in this position.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in McBee, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (McBee, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

Went to company in Mcbee SC. Talked about past work history, what I could operate, what kind of welding have I done. Took a little welding test. Went back to office and I asked some questions. Got ID made. Filled out a little paper work and that was it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process is a three step process. The first time you are called for an interview after you submit an application, it is just to get to see if you meet all the requirements for the position. If you do, and they want to proceed with the interview process, they will schedule another interview in the same team and another interview with HR.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A. O. Smith in October 2013.

Interview

Upon submitting a resume they are very efficient at getting back to you in order to set up a time to interview. The HR manager arranged for me to meet with the hiring manager in that department along with someone doing the same work as the open position. During the interview they focused mostly on my ability for the position and what my future plans were.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Ashland City, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on two different days (total of 10 different people) for a total of 12+ hours. Not intense, just a long second day when you talked to 6 people over an 8 hour period. Week after the interview, get an email stated they were impressed, very interested in me and they would make a decision within 8-10 days. Never heard back from them, emailed HR and still no reply.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and why you want to work here? (seems like that was a standard question to ask since 7 people asked me that same question.)   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. O. Smith.

Interview

Received email from HR to setup a phone call, figured it was the initial step or pre-screening for consideration for the role. The phone screen was pretty average, a few questions about past work experience and interest in the role applied for. Was told that I'd receive an email if they'd like to move forward with the interview process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Antioch, TN).

Interview

HR phone interview, panel interview at office in TN. Met with three different people. The interviewers spoke more about themselves and their qualifications rather than trying to get to know candidate. I knew right away this was not a fit. No follow-up after interview.

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Ashland City, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

The local recruiter contacted with A O Smith and scheduled all interviews. I didn't see this open position at official website. I had phone interview by IT manager. After 3 days, I was told that I will be interviewed onsite and asked me if I can accept 3 days onsite interview since interviewer will be available in 3 different days. Since I am local, I accepted. After one week, I was told that there is a panel interview with 4 persons including HR person and IT leaders. After 2 weeks, I met the person who interviewed me by phone in the office. I was told that one leader was absent due to family emergency. There is no HR showing up or calling in. The interview took 90 minutes. I got the feedback after 2 days and told me that they select another candidate. I haven't experienced onsite interview with one person only. It doesn't look serious or standard HR procedure for me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Ashland City, TN).

Interview

I was called by a talent acquisition employee, who proceeded to start the phone interview immediately, which I found off-putting. But the process moved quickly. I think they had interviewed a lot of people and were ready to find someone. I was asked to come in for an onsite interview pretty quickly. After that, I completed assessments, was asked to provide references, and talked with the top HR person over the course of the next week. I received an offer a week after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A. O. Smith (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I interviewed with multiple HR individuals in the Milwaukee office. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly. They were subject matter experts and it was great to hear their insights about each of their respective areas within the organization. The position seemed like a great role with a lot of cross-training opportunities.