A Place for Mom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A Place for Mom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.5

Interview

How do you feel about helping seniors find senior living and care needs ? Are you able to show empathy? Are you able to handle emotional situations where someone may have passed away? Are you able to be an active listener?

Interview Questions

• I love helping seniors with any needs that they need this is a time for them for transitioning and they need support and someone that's going to be able to listen and help them   Answer Question

Senior Living Advisor Interview

Application

I interviewed at A Place for Mom in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview by phone with Recruiter. The Recruiter was friendly, yet professional. I learned as much about her as she did me. They are also concerned about computer skills so my next step was a personality and computer assessment. Waiting to hear the results.

Interview Questions

• Does your home have separate office or workspace?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

I applied online, and a recruiter contacted me by email about two weeks later to schedule a phone interview the next day. After the initial phone interview with the recruiter, I was emailed a personality test and a computer skills test to take before the second interview. I was interviewed by a regional manager the next day, also by phone. I received an offer shortly after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a job you've had where you were required to meet sales metrics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

I1 interview with HR on the phone followed by 2 Skype interviews with the sales manager . After that I had a phone interview with the VP of Sales.

Instructional Designer/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiting process was less professional than I'm used to. After an initial phone call where we set an interview date for the following week (I said I needed 3-4 days lead time during the first call), the recruiter emailed back asking if I could make an interview in 2 days. I responded that I had a schedule conflict, but later was able to clear my conflict. But I could not get a hold of the recruiter by email, calling her phone, calling the national number, or calling the local Seattle office.

There apparently is no way to contact the office directly. A recording invited me to leave a message and indicate whether it was urgent or not, which I did twice. I got no response from anyone, which was surprising and frustrating.

Thankfully, I wasn't trying to place my mom in an adult family home; just trying to do basic office communication.

After the first interview date and time passed by, the recruiter emailed back setting a new date....but I didn't get any confirmation that she got my agreement to the new date. She said she hadn't seen my email about making the first interview time (I had sent several and called her - why the slow turnaround?).

The interview on the 32nd floor of the Columbia Tower in Seattle was typical and professional in which I met with the Marketing and Sales director. APFM apparently doesn't have a Learning and Performance/Training Manager. The interview took about 45 minutes. I was told before leaving that the company still had more interviews to go.

After the interview I emailed my thanks to the recruiter and the interviewer. I further sent a follow-up email a week later, inquiring about the status of the position. It's now been 3 weeks since the interview and about 4 weeks since the original contact. This lack of communication is unusual in my experience.

In summary, I thought the Marketing Director was friendly and professional but the company's recruiting process and poor communication led me to decide I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for A Place for Mom?   Answer Question
    • I have your resume here, but please summarize your experience for this position.   Answer Question

Associate Senior Living Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was great!! Very quick and efficient. Had my first interview yesterday, took the assessments, had 2nd interview today and was offered the position today!!! I felt very comfortable from the very beginning!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

HORRIBLE. You could tell right off the bat these people are not about helping the elderly, they are about how much they can use their employees to make them money. Very disinterested in what they claim they are, just all about the money. I was so turned off, then I looked into their background and did some research on that company and would warn anyone to proceed with caution. They have a civil class action lawsuit pending against them right now for harassing phone calls, and apparently the reps are relentless when calling prospective clients, even when theya re asked to stop they continue to call, which is what this lawsuit is all about. I ad a horrible feeling about this place and did not accept the offer, I went with another company that had a better review and a better reputation. The only thing appealling was working from home in the end, but the process was strange, the first interview was a phone interview which she never called and later that day I got an email asking to reschedule, so I did. Did the interview and got moved to the next step which was with the Regional Sales Manager. Thats when things went south, all she cared about was what kind of revenue I could bring to the company she explained very little about what your actual duties would be and I just decided to research them a little bit and thats what I found, not only that but that the culture was bad. I felt like the positive reviews on here are written by staff who are working there not by former employees. BAD FEELING

Interview Questions

• What type of business can you bring to the table. Talk about a difficult situation you had and how you handled it. What amount of revenue did you bring to your last company last year.   Answer Question

A Place for Mom Response

Apr 13, 2017 – VP Brand Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge and appreciate that this position may not be a good fit for you. At A Place for Mom, we have over 500 satisfied advisors providing guidance for families to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through 4 phone interviews and completed a personality test. I spoke with a recruiter, had 2 calls with the regional for my area, and then spoke to her supervisor. Following the 4th call, I was promised a follow up from the regional I had spoken to already. After a week of no contact, I emailed her and never heard back. I was shocked that after investing time into 4 different calls requested by this company, no one had the decency to reach out and simply update me on the process or at least inform me that I was no longer being considered. Overall, I was glad to discover the communication issues and lack of follow through before further pursuing employment with them.

Instructional Designer - Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

AWFUL. A senior recruiter that works for the company reached out over the weekend to schedule it. Day of interview she missed it and never called. I reached out two times afterwards and she never responded. Rude and unprofessional. No reasoning given and no word back from the company. Complete waste of time and extremely inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• If I was available a Date and time the company recruiter set up for us for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom in January 2017.

Interview

WASTED two weeks of my life! Phone screen with company recruiter who asks your salary range. Phone and Skype interview with RSM. Final phone interview with Sales Director. During final interview, found out Recruiter lied about salary range. Offered $6K LESS than my MINIMUM salary expectation! Non-negotiable! BAIT & SWITCH!!