A Place for Mom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Senior Living Advisor position. Everyone I spoke with was incredible! They were open and honest of expectations of me should I be offered the position and about the salary, commission structure, & schedule, I don't "job hop" so appreciated their taking the time to make sure this position was a fit for both of us.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my organization skills, sales style, and some role play phone calls & objections that their advisors have to overcome.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed 4 times with A Place for Mom. Each time was with another member of the Customer Experience team and I greatly enjoyed learning about the company as a whole and the job.

Interview Questions

• How well can you multi-task?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter promptly contacted me the day after submitting my application.

She missed our scheduled phone screen and after waiting for 15 minutes, I emailed her asking if she needed to reschedule. She then immediately called me back and said she didn't get the notification. She quickly asked me why I was interested in the position and then asked me what I wanted for salary. I was expecting 55-65K based on JD and not wanting to decrease from my current salary too much but they are only offering 40-43K for this position. Would be great for someone more entry than me!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an interviewer from Seattle area. Then she set up a 2nd interview with a Regional Manager and myself. At first, I was told I would work a night each week and a weekend each month. During the 2nd interview this changed. I was then told that I would be required to work EVERY SUNDAY, no longer able to attend my church where I serve in leadership. When forced to choose between this new position and the church I've made a commitment to over the past 20 years, it was a no brainer. No position will make me give up my faith or right to worship. Working one Sunday each month is one thing, but EVERY Sunday... nope.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I felt about working EVERY Sunday. (This was different from what other Senior Life Advisors had told me).   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Putnam Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Putnam Valley, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a young girl in H.R. in Seattle. Short phone screening and interview. After that conversation, I was phone interviewed by the hiring manager who while very friendly, was very aggressive in her questioning and demands as to what is expected. For me, I was turned off by the over-the-top "team" culture and what sounded like very aggressive goals and objectives.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall specifics as as my phone interview with the hiring manager (in KY or TX) lasted an hour but there were a lot of very detailed (hypothetical) situation questions.

I definitely got the feeling there was a sense of disappointment when my answers didn't correspond with her thoughts or weren't in-line with the company.

Interview abruptly ended, and I received the obligatory "We wish you well on your next endeavor" email first thing the next morning."   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A Place for Mom.

Interview

The beginning of the process was normal. The usual recruiter contact to set up your first interview. From that point there was 4 interviews set. Some phone and some Skype. As a working professional, finding time to carve out an hour per interview can be difficult. The recruiter told me that I would be contacted with updates on 3 different occasions, none of which happened. I was grossly disappointed at the lack of professionalism by such an esteemed organization. When dealing with corporate people, or anyone for that matter, have the decency to communicate and respect their time. This is why people break contracts and relationships. Train your recruiters on being civil and sending if nothing else, the standard updating letters. I hope this is corrected before anyone else's time is under valued.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (Louisville, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed by recruiter, regional manager, and regional vice president. Excellent interviews. Questions were direct, mostly past/current experience, small amount of role play situations. There was nothing tricky or hard to answer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever worked from home in a setting similar to A Place for Mom?   1 Answer

Interview

How do you feel about helping seniors find senior living and care needs ? Are you able to show empathy? Are you able to handle emotional situations where someone may have passed away? Are you able to be an active listener?

Interview Questions

• I love helping seniors with any needs that they need this is a time for them for transitioning and they need support and someone that's going to be able to listen and help them   1 Answer

Senior Living Advisor Interview

Application

I interviewed at A Place for Mom in July 2017.

Interview

Initial interview by phone with Recruiter. The Recruiter was friendly, yet professional. I learned as much about her as she did me. They are also concerned about computer skills so my next step was a personality and computer assessment. Waiting to hear the results.

Interview Questions

• Does your home have separate office or workspace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A Place for Mom (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

I1 interview with HR on the phone followed by 2 Skype interviews with the sales manager . After that I had a phone interview with the VP of Sales.