A. Schulman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at A. Schulman

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Akron, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Pretty standard onsite interview. Three people asked typical questions about my background, why I was leaving my previous employer, 5 year goals, etc. They did ask specific questions about the accreditation of the lab I worked at previously, their procedures, how they maintained quality, and how I've trained coworkers. Then the manager gave me a tour of their labs and explained some of their tests more in depth.

Interview Questions

• What type of role do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through how you prepared for an audit for your labs ISO 17025 accreditation.   Answer Question
    • How did you train new employees? Do you have/How are your SOPs and did you use them for training?   Answer Question

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A. Schulman (La Porte, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with department manager briefly with details on job description. Had to take an online assessment to prove that I was able to do the job. My hiring was contingent on me passing that assessment

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have?
      What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Akron, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple interview. Applied for a financial analyst role with them and just show that you have done your hw on the company and plastics industry. Also know the basics of financial statements and general information on the overall economy and how that affects what they do.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at A. Schulman in January 2013.

Interview

I went on 3 different interviews (2 in person and 1 phone). All of the interviews were very laid back and everyone was easy to talk to. Everyone I have spoken with has said the people are what make A. Schulman a great company and I have to agree. There was also a personality/skills test after the second interview.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Akron, OH).

Interview

Applied for the position and was contacted by the recruiter and set up a quick 20-30 minute screening call, which they were late for, the call went fine...Was then asked to complete a personality assessment and to fly to Akron for in person interviews. The personality assessment is focused on ethics and "doing the right thing", its obvious the companies employees have had problems "doing the right thing" if you read the news about them. They company booked flights that had me connecting all over the country to get me to get to Cleveland and the short drive to Akron, so what should have taken 3 hours took 6 because the company is cheap and wanted to save 100 dollars on the flights. Arrived at the HQ the next day for interviews with HR, hiring manager, GM, and team member. Interviews lasted an hour each, the hiring manager and team member were in person, the GM couldn't make it in for some reason and we spoke via conference call. Their process seemed pretty unorganized and poorly planned as they couldn't figure out where we were to meet at first. When I asked them difficult questions about the company they seem to squirm and avoid eye contact saying it was not a big deal to their customers that the company wrote off 400M due to the Citadel fraud lawsuit and various asbestos lawsuits...they have all new leadership because of the fraud shakeout and are re-focusing their efforts on sales and customer service. The company really should look at the interview process and how it is perceived by candidates. When asking about the hiring/decision process I was told different answers by everyone I met with, so it was obvious no one knew or had done any planning whatsoever.

BEWARE***the company told me I would be reimbursed for travel expenses within 1-2 weeks... going on 3+ weeks now I have not been reimbursed and can't seem to get an answer from their HR, GM or hiring manager*** DO NOT INCUR EXPENSES ON THIER BEHALF***

Interview Questions

• How would you focus your time in the market?
      Describe a situation you had to deal with conflict, what did you do to resolve it, what were the results?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Fairlawn, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and had a phone interview for 30 minutes. Then I had my in person interview few days later with the Recruiter and the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? How does your past experience relate to this job?   Answer Question

Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Akron, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was a team interview. It was a complete interview. Regional management was very prepared and interested in what I had done and how I was to contribute. Corporate management was more hands off basically because the position reported and worked for the regional management. Found the Company very interesting based upon my research. They are not only into acquisitions but also research and development.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the interview was the Corporate hands off situation. Because of the lack of involvement I had to focus on those members to assure their participation.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairlawn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A. Schulman (Fairlawn, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied back in November or December of 2016. I did not hear back from them until around February because the HR person explained to me that she was seriously ill during that time. There was a phone interview that they did not tell me was going to be over the phone after the initial phone screening, so I was sent to 3 different places before they called me. I called them on my way to their office as I thought I would be late, but they did not answer. They called me back after the interview was supposed to begin and clarified it was only a phone interview because I had told them I thought I would be late due to the fact that I went to two other places and was halfway to their headquarters for the interview. I was then forced to take a one hour personality test after the phone interview. When I went to the sit down interview at their headquarters, it was with 5 people, and I was not allowed to eat lunch even though it went from 11am to 3pm. Finally, they said they would get in touch with me within 1 to 2 business days. I sent a thank you email immediately, and then a follow up email one week later as I had not heard back and I was concerned due to the fact that the HR person I spoke to was very ill recently and I was scared for her health. They finally rejected me 3 weeks later, but it was though a system email. I had to take a few days off from work to interview with them. I had enough credentials to fulfill the position and am thinking it had to do something with race or gender as everyone I interviewed with liked me after I interviewed with them and they had two senior accountant positions to fill. If they knew I was not a fit before the interview, they did not need to waste my time with the 11am to 3pm interview that did not include lunch and required me to take a full day off from work.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance you were in conflict with a co-worker, and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A. Schulman.

Interview

Stay clear.

Applied for an at-home, part-time freelance position. The process was sketchy from the start. All of my contacts typed with extremely broken English and grammar, the interview process was through Gmail chat and was really skimpy, with no paperwork. They sent me a check for 2k to use to purchase their data entry software. After that, they required me to write a 1,500 word essay (that is 3 pages, single spaced) to answer three extremely simple questions (1. What is the importance of teamwork? 2. What is the importance of conflict management? 3. What is the USA's trade policy?) My interviewer didn't respect my time, and messaged me on Gmail whenever he felt like it.

I changed my mind and rescinded my application because the whole thing felt off Then began this horrible process of my interviewer demanding I wire back the money to them immediately so they can use it right away for someone else they're hiring "at this moment" (What, they don't already have their own money?) The interviewer kept demanding I send them something even though I kept explaining to them the check didn't fully clear yet. The interviewer began acting like a crazed, desperate, maniac. It was actually kind of frightening.

Interview Questions

• 1)What for you is the importance of teamwork in an organization?
      2)Have you been trained in Conflict management,Why is Conflict management important to customer service...
      3)Trade policy and 4 methods of payment accepted in the U.S

^Their exact wording in an e-mail   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Interview

Be Aware.
    Applied for an at-home, part-time freelance position on UpWork. I received a message stating that I need to log on to my Google Hangout to conduct an interview. When logged on, I chatted with Mr. David Bristow (Senior Vice President of the company). I was asked few questions which was mostly demographic questions. Without any paperwork, they sent me a check for $2,450 to use to purchase specific equipment, such as computer and data entry software. After speaking with him, something didn’t seem right.

Next day, they walked me step-by-step to purchase it from their vendor which was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I changed my mind the interviewer got upset and told me to do as he says because he knows what he’s talking about. The interviewer started telling me not to be scared and when he called his broken English assured me that this was a scam.