A&W Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Saint Helena, CA).

Interview

Wonderful interview with pete knight
    It was very easygoing and very polite owner and the knights take wonderful care of his business here in saint helena and lodi ca and the best owners ever with all my managers and owners and so they both take care of both of there business and employees

Interview Questions

• Experience in customer service?   1 Answer

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Flint, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager and assistant manager, both seemed very nice. They asked me questions about previous work experience, sports/vacations/ext that would interfere with work schedule, how would you handle a situation with an unhappy customer, why do you want to work here, things of that nature. Overall not too difficult of an interview, some questions were a little tough but besides that. It was a great interview experience and I got hired on the spot, it was a wonderful experience!

Interview Questions

• What kind of person/co-worker would you find difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

General Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit Lakes, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Detroit Lakes, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied with a paper application that I dropped off in person. After two weeks, I received a call requesting I do an interview at their location. I met with the Manager in the lobby where I was asked my employment history. I answered the question and we then went over papers that I would need to read and sign on the spot. I was immediately given the position.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Farmington, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I spoke briefly with the owner at the time of application and we arranged a time for a more in depth interview the next day. During that he asked me some of the standard questions as well as some questions about my hobbies and interests.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brooklin, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (North Brooklin, ME) in April 2010.

Interview

The process is something like this:

1. You apply on line

2. Somebody call you to make an appointment for a face to face interview

3. You go for an interview and sometimes two people ask questions

4. They call you within a week to let you know if you got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to let them know that I was willing to star working as a cook, but I wanted to move up within the organization as soon as possible

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Taylor, MI) in January 2009.

Interview

Knew the owner, didn't have an interview. Normally for other people it is just a one on one interview out in the dining room. Just a few series of questions to get to know the person. Decision will be made after, following by a call to let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question that was asked, other than what hours am I looking at? I didn't have an interview.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was held by HR. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer was easygoing and friendly. The interview took place in a conference room and the interviewer was polite, asked me how my day was going, why I was interested...

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants.

Interview

The interview was awkward, our personalities did no mesh. It was my first interview experience and the introvert in me definitely bombed things for me. Interviewer kept misconstruing what I was saying.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)).

Interview

the manager will sit you down in the lobby of the restaurant and is basically trying to see if you are willing to work flexible hours and to be on call. They will not hire you if your availability is really restricted. They are looking to see if you are a team player and are weilling to work beyond your job description.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A&W Restaurants in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Asked the usual: if I preferred part-time or full-time; whether I was legally allowed to work in Canada; if I had a driver's license; if I was married and had kids (later on I realised I could have not answered this). Later on the uniforms and online training module were discussed. Took us about 20 minutes total.

I realized after the interview that some of the questions were a bit discriminatory.