A10 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A10 Networks Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

at first the engineer called by phone to arrange the phone interview, and two phone interviews with coding test with 45 mins and 30 mins respectively , and the HR called for the offer

Interview Questions

• describe the project you had worked, working experience, academic projects   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process takes 3 weeks. First got called by the HR, then the hiring manager. Then followed by 3 skype interviews back-to-back. The HR promised to get back with feedbacks but never did.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

Be prepared to have in-depth knowledge of everything that you have put on your resume. Questions can be asked on anything, as they expect people who are seriously committed to the area they are pursuing.

Interview Questions

• If I connected one switch with another (after automated configuration), there is no data transfer. What can be the exact reason?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiting manager called me directly without any prior mail. He asked me questions for about 45 mins on the networking protocols and asked me to choose one project in my resume and was asked questions on them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SSH and SSL   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was an initial phone screening with HR. It was a pleasant interview as he was very friendly, and was intrigued by the prior experience I had on my resume. I thought it went great, and he thought the same as well, so it ended with us scheduling my onsite interview for the following week. Unfortunately this is where things took a heavy turn. A week passed with no confirmation about the next round. I contacted HR regarding my onsite interview and was told the hiring manager wanted to wait 3 weeks before moving on with this position. Oddly enough, during the three week wait, I actually found out a colleague of mine actually had an onsite inteview for the same position... so I knew something fishy was going on.

After 3 weeks, I contacted HR again, and was told the position was already filled, before I even got the chance to have my interview. I was told that someone on the hiring manager's team recommended someone, and they got to have a first crack at it, thus getting the offer, before anyone without a recommendation had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, company knowledge, location (since I currently live out of the area)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their portal. Had three rounds of interview. The first two rounds were mainly focused towards testing the programming knowledge. The last round of interview was more about the conceptual understanding related to computer networking and computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• Question on BST. How to find the kth largest integer in a BST using constant space?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks in March 2017.

Interview

2 weeks of interviews. 3 rounds of the interviews in total, 2 of them by the team members and 1 by the manager. Tested essentially on DS, Algos and ComNet basics

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds in total. The first round was a resume review round and the second was a technical round. They stressed on C++ more than any other language. Knowing Boost library and STL would help a lot, as questions were asked specifically from these two topics.

Interview Questions

• 1) Reverse a link list in groups
      2) Flatten a given binary tree to a linked list   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A10 Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with manager/director. Got a call from HR same day for Face to Face interview. Was called the other day for 4-5 hours of Face to Face interview with the team, manager, director and HR.

Interview Questions

• -> Basic TCP/IP fundamentals (forwarding, ARP etc)
      -> Routing protocol -> OSPF, BGP
      -> Cluster/HA questions , Multicast questions
      -> VRRP
      -> HTTP methods, DNS PTR etc   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

It was disastrous. I applied for Web Development Internship with my Resume Mentioning my languages to be Python, Java but still my first interview was heavily on Operating Systems with most of questions being asked in C. I was rejected and the Interviewer was very rude. I then sent a mail to their College Relations notifying them of this. They gave me another chance interviewing with the web development team. I still didn't get the offer but I didn't enjoy the Interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Lowest Common Ancestor stupid version. When 'b' is a child of 'a', and 'c' is a child of 'b'. By definition Lowest Common Ancestor for 'b', 'c' comes out to be 'b' but the interviewer asked me to return 'a' in this case. It was confusing during the process.   Answer Question

A10 Networks Response

Aug 23, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are working very hard to make the interview process more of a great experience for those who spend their time and efforts with A10 Networks. This is very helpful and... More