A10 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A10 Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2018

Intern Interview

Interview

At first, phone call scheduled the interview and then two phone interview back to back, and then recruiter called about the starting, ending date also the details in offer letter.

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter screening followed by a 45 minute phone screen by the hiring manager. After that, I was invited on-site for the total of nine in-person interviews over two rounds (5 + 4). During the on-site rounds, I met with the hiring manager, two technical marketing engineers, two marketing managers and four senior level executives in marketing, product management and engineering functions. I found everyone to be very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. They clearly seemed to be doing a thorough vetting of candidates from both technical and cultural fit perspectives given the amount of time they invested in the interviewing process. The contents of the discussions were pretty solid and stimulating. I was also happy with other logistical aspects such as scheduling, turnaround time and feedback sharing etc. They respected my schedule and expedited the process upon requesting. Overall I had quite satisfying an interview experience with A10.

Interview Questions

• Questions on several topics such as past experience, fundamentals of TCP/IP networking, security, LTE architecture, private and public cloud, product positioning, marketing collateral etc. Some behavioral questions too.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks in March 2018.

Interview

it's a skype interview taking about 40 minutes. I passed, so I will have my second round phone interview which will take 1.5 hours. We used Google doc to process the interview.

Interview Questions

• given a 4-byte hex value, e.g. 0xcf9087, convert it into the ipv4 format, e.g. a.b.c.d in binary by C programming language   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Short call with a recruiter. On-site with several people, many of whom appeared to be quite capable. In the end, I declined the offer that was extended to me because the position I applied for was vastly different from the position I was interviewed for.

Product Marketing is actually a complicated role, requiring several skill sets, including marketing. At A10, it appears as though the PMM role requires one to be a corporate Sales Engineer with a passion for creating data sheets. I learned that the leader of the Product Marketing team had never worked in Marketing before heading up this critical function. I suspect this is why there is such a focus on technical aptitude rather than actual marketing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, and how deeply I understood networking technology.   1 Answer

QA Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I got an email for interview after a few days of application. Interview was completely based on basic networking questions starting from Application layer to Data Link Layer for working of DHCP and DNS and other networking questions. Did not get any reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Application layer to Data Link Layer for working of DHCP and DNS   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview took 2 weeks, after applying through the website I received a call from recruiter and 1 week later she scheduled a phone screening from one of the managers with some simple questions about load balancing and network concepts, I got the F2F interview in the HQ with 3 engineers and 2 managers, I was asked different type of TCP features and general queries like describing a packet walk from scratch, also during managerial interviews I tried to behave myself and responded to questions like where do you see yourself within next 5 years, in a nutshell since Technical engineering assumes to be an entry level in network engineering field I've not had very difficult interviews with very strange questions.

Interview Questions

• explain ssl handshake and the packet content in client-server hello   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

at first the engineer called by phone to arrange the phone interview, and two phone interviews with coding test with 45 mins and 30 mins respectively , and the HR called for the offer

Interview Questions

• describe the project you had worked, working experience, academic projects   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process takes 3 weeks. First got called by the HR, then the hiring manager. Then followed by 3 skype interviews back-to-back. The HR promised to get back with feedbacks but never did.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

Be prepared to have in-depth knowledge of everything that you have put on your resume. Questions can be asked on anything, as they expect people who are seriously committed to the area they are pursuing.

Interview Questions

• If I connected one switch with another (after automated configuration), there is no data transfer. What can be the exact reason?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiting manager called me directly without any prior mail. He asked me questions for about 45 mins on the networking protocols and asked me to choose one project in my resume and was asked questions on them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SSH and SSL   1 Answer