A10 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A10 Networks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

Be prepared to have in-depth knowledge of everything that you have put on your resume. Questions can be asked on anything, as they expect people who are seriously committed to the area they are pursuing.

Interview Questions

• If I connected one switch with another (after automated configuration), there is no data transfer. What can be the exact reason?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiting manager called me directly without any prior mail. He asked me questions for about 45 mins on the networking protocols and asked me to choose one project in my resume and was asked questions on them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SSH and SSL   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was an initial phone screening with HR. It was a pleasant interview as he was very friendly, and was intrigued by the prior experience I had on my resume. I thought it went great, and he thought the same as well, so it ended with us scheduling my onsite interview for the following week. Unfortunately this is where things took a heavy turn. A week passed with no confirmation about the next round. I contacted HR regarding my onsite interview and was told the hiring manager wanted to wait 3 weeks before moving on with this position. Oddly enough, during the three week wait, I actually found out a colleague of mine actually had an onsite inteview for the same position... so I knew something fishy was going on.

After 3 weeks, I contacted HR again, and was told the position was already filled, before I even got the chance to have my interview. I was told that someone on the hiring manager's team recommended someone, and they got to have a first crack at it, thus getting the offer, before anyone without a recommendation had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, company knowledge, location (since I currently live out of the area)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds in total. The first round was a resume review round and the second was a technical round. They stressed on C++ more than any other language. Knowing Boost library and STL would help a lot, as questions were asked specifically from these two topics.

Interview Questions

• 1) Reverse a link list in groups
      2) Flatten a given binary tree to a linked list
      Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at A10 Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with manager/director. Got a call from HR same day for Face to Face interview. Was called the other day for 4-5 hours of Face to Face interview with the team, manager, director and HR.

Interview Questions

• -> Basic TCP/IP fundamentals (forwarding, ARP etc)
      -> Routing protocol -> OSPF, BGP
      -> Cluster/HA questions , Multicast questions
      -> VRRP
      -> HTTP methods, DNS PTR etc
      Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at A10 Networks.

Interview

It was disastrous. I applied for Web Development Internship with my Resume Mentioning my languages to be Python, Java but still my first interview was heavily on Operating Systems with most of questions being asked in C. I was rejected and the Interviewer was very rude. I then sent a mail to their College Relations notifying them of this. They gave me another chance interviewing with the web development team. I still didn't get the offer but I didn't enjoy the Interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Lowest Common Ancestor stupid version. When 'b' is a child of 'a', and 'c' is a child of 'b'. By definition Lowest Common Ancestor for 'b', 'c' comes out to be 'b' but the interviewer asked me to return 'a' in this case. It was confusing during the process.   Answer Question

Aug 23, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are working very hard to make the interview process more of a great experience for those who spend their time and efforts with A10 Networks. This is very helpful and ... More

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1hr of phone interview, followed by 5 onsite rounds. 1st round of onsite consists of test having 2 programming questions on linked lists. Received a reject email after 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on TCP/IP, keep alive timers, ssl handshake, TCB.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

One of the worst screening interview. The interviewer had no idea what he is talking and he thinks that only he knows everything and others are dumb. The same person kept interviewing for three hours.It is a total waste of time for me

Interview Questions

• Whatever was there in resume and also few http related questions   Answer Question

Jul 11, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for your feedback! We will look into our interview process to make improvements as recommended.

Functional Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A10 Networks in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, 1:1 interview with VP, round robin interviews with peers in function. Recruiter was quick to respond to initial application, did good follow up on next steps and kept the process flowing. He wound up delivering the results of the outcome. Some of the peers seemed quite full of themselves, so the process provided a great insight into whether I'd really want to contend with that on a full time basis. Interviewing is indeed a two way street.

Interview Questions

A10 Networks Response

Jul 25, 2016 – Sr Director

Really great feedback! Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Software Engineer- Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A10 Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Consists of a HR interview which is a general overview of your background and your current status,etc.
    This was followed by an interview with a member from the security team. Its a technical interview based on the projects and experience in the resume.
    Then was an on-site interview. There was a test in the beginning which is majorly based on linked list, circular queues and other data structures.

Interview Questions

• For the face to face interview, be prepared to be grilled on your basics. Relating to socket programming, TCP/IP concepts, security actions you would take in certain scenarios and firewalls.   1 Answer