ABIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

ABIS Interview Questions

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABIS (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

ABIS has designed the interview process to assure that both ABIS and you know that you are a right fit for each other. ABIS is a company that will only grow as they can find good people to work for them. By the time I was done with the fourth stage, I knew what the culture was like, what type of people I would be working with, if I would fit into ABIS's culture, and if I wanted to fit into the ABIS culture. Before I even began the interview, I had a phone call making sure this was a position that I would like and about all the stages of the interview process.

For me, the interview process was a five stage process which is as follows:
    Stage 1: Interview in person with the office manager and take a wonderlic
    Stage 2: Case study
    Stage 3: Approximate two hour interview with the implementation manager and training manager
    Stage 4: Group lunch with ABIS employees from various department.
    Stage 5: Interview with the CEO

By the time I was done with the interview process, I had met with more than half the employees. The employees do have a lot of input for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream working environment?   1 Answer
    • What did you like most about your college/university?   1 Answer

ABIS Response

Aug 2, 2016 – CEO

We try hard to find the right people. We spend too much time at work to not be around BadAss Positive people!!!

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ABIS (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the CEO because LinkedIn had forwarded my profile for the job they had posted. I did respond, and we set up the first interview. The office manager handled my first interview, which consisted of taking an online test, and then a review with her of the job and the company. We also toured the office, wow! The next step was to complete a business case, which I was able to complete in two days. I was then invited to meet with the Implementation Manager. After this, I was almost immediately invited to a lunch with some of the other employees from sales, programming, and implementation. The next day the Implementation Manager called me personally with an offer. I loved this process, and it was clearly laid out on my first interview.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to prepare a business case, involving setting up a project timeline, and questions that should be asked during the initial project meeting with the client. The most interesting interview question: "How would you handle the realization that you had too much work on your plate?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as I received the offer I desired (they obviously read my mind).

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABIS in December 2013.

Interview

First step was going to their office which is the top floor of a building with an amazing view overlooking downtown. The office manager gave me a tour of the office which includes a private gym and lounge for employees. She explained their culture as "Familia" or family. I then was required to take a Wonderlic test online which took about 15 minutes. She then set with me to talk about the company and it's culture as well as job responsibilities. The next step consisted of me receiving a Case Study for me to write a paper. This took about a day to do as it was fairly in depth. I was then invited for another interview with the implementation manager and another team member. This was a round-robin style interview where each person asked questions taking turns. The weird part was that I got a turn on each round. After that interview, I was taken out to lunch by several other workers who were in sales and programming. They said that was just a cultural fit thing. When I returned, I waited for about 15 minutes then was asked to speak with the CEO. He went over culture and spend a lot of time talking about the companies values. At the end of that interview he gave me an offer letter and asked that I think about it and talk it over with my family.

Interview Questions

• I received a business case study that had me prepare a project plan and work requirements document for a hypothetical project.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ABIS (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview Details – I applied and was asked to come in a few days later for a pre-screen test.

The pre-screen test was completely unnecessary. I’ve been out of college for several years and don’t understand how a SAT style test can provide them with my job capabilities. I have been in my career for several years and my resume should have been judged instead of a test.

Advice to HR -- Send an email letting the candidate know they aren't being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• They never interviewed me. All they cared about was the test score.   Answer Question

ABIS Response

Aug 2, 2016 – CEO

This was a fail on our part and I would like to apologize that you did not get an email.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABIS (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

First Interview was via telephone. They wanted to know about my experience and the places that I had previously been employed. Went over my resume in detail asking questions about each job and how they related to the position I was applying. Step 2 was to take an online skills test. I then had a 1:1 interview with the owner who asked a lot of open ended questions. I was then scheduled for a group interview with the team. They called me back a couple of days later to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a client got upset at you or with your work, and how did you handle it?   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a time when you and a previous boss didn't see eye to eye.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I really didn't negotiate. The salary matched my last employer and the job was far more interesting with better people.