ACCO Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quickly heard a response from the company's recruiter regarding my resume that was submitted. They were very prompt and communicative in the process. I was interviewed on-site at ACCO Brands in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

Interview Questions

• There was one phone interview with the company recruiter. Afterwards, there were in-person interviews with 3 different individuals, which one of them was the hiring manager. Each session lasted 30 minutes or so. Was called in for another on-site interview with manager of the hiring manger and the HR. Had a wonderful experience interviewing.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. This led to in-person interviews with the hiring manager, the hiring VP, two product managers and a senior director in another group. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. Each person came in with specific questions for me to answer with specific examples and a few minutes at the end for me to ask them questions. They were very prompt with each interview ending when the next person walked into the room right on time. The last interview went a bit longer because there was no one waiting to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions centered around accomplishments listed on my resume. They asked about specific examples to understand the details better and how I might approach situations specific to the job. One question centered around how I might handle approaching a major presentation without all the information I might need at that meeting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. First a phone interview, then they followed up that they wanted an in-office interview. 3 people interview you at once. Ask basic and general questions off your resume and about the position/company.

Interview Questions

• In a group setting, what position do you typically take?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Sidney, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick, with good communication and follow up about the next steps in the process and what was expected of me. They were prompt in their responses back to me and where more then willing to answer my questions from the big to the small. They were able to amply explain what was expected of me and what I needed to do next in the interview process. They were also very accomodating to my times needs when it came to the interview process and were more then willing to work with me, and that was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• To name some of my strengths   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial HR phone screen about 3 weeks after I applied for the position. About 1 week later, had three 45 minute interviews with cross-functional team members and hiring manager. 2 weeks after that, other three 45 minute interviews with 2 VP's and director. I received and accepted an offer within 1 week of that. So about 1 month from 1st interview to an offer. A little less than 2 months from application to offer.

Interview process was very professional. Great communication and follow-up from Acco. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How I handled a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was fair. We had established expectations during the HR phone screen. Negotiations were handled quickly, within 24 hours of offer.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands in March 2016.

Interview

I wasn't able to come into the office and they were able to skype me in for the interview - very flexible and asked a lot of questions. There were three people from the department in one interview which was a little intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What's a group project that's shaped you/helped you learn to deal with challenges?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress and disagreement?   Answer Question
    • If you could be a brand, what brand would you be?   Answer Question

Distribution Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Sidney, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

i believe it was some what lengthy. but i do believe it covered all bases. i have done many interviews and none covered as much criteria as this did overall. i suspect that you want to know as much as you can about an employ that you are intending on hiring.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. One telephonic interview in which the interviewerwent over my resume. Next an on-site interview, not that technical. very laid back interview. The platform team lead was very humble. They showed me the facility and how everyone works there.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview process was done over the phone the manager for the west coast service center contact me to talk about a position couple days later a recruiter call me to ask me a couple questions about my work history and experience couple days later he contact me to make me an offer the process was really fast and simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all they offer me exactly what I was looking for

International Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Kettering, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with supervisor based in Chicago. Then 3 interview visits to the Kettering office. They were 1:1 and group sessions/ combination. casual overall feeling with some "HR questions"

Interview Questions

• what kind of boss I like working with the best.   1 Answer