ACCO Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was found by a recruiter on Linkedin. I ended up interviewing for 2 of their marketing positions. The initial interview was 2 hours long and consisted of 4 separate interviews by individuals who worked in those 2 teams. Everyone was friendly and easy going. I then had another interview 2 weeks later that went further into the specific internship that they decided I better suited. There, I met with the team leader. It was also a very quick and pleasant experience. I was notified a week later that I got the job and proceeded with onboarding activities. The entire process took around 1 month to complete. While this was longer than most of the other places that I have worked at, I did not mind because the recruiter that was assigned to me was extremely helpful and made sure to contact me at least once a week with updates on what was going on.

Interview Questions

• They went through each experience on my resume and asked me to go more into detail about it.   Answer Question
    • What was your least favorite and most favorite place to work? Why?   Answer Question
    • Why ACCO?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quickly heard a response from the company's recruiter regarding my resume that was submitted. They were very prompt and communicative in the process. I was interviewed on-site at ACCO Brands in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

Interview Questions

• There was one phone interview with the company recruiter. Afterwards, there were in-person interviews with 3 different individuals, which one of them was the hiring manager. Each session lasted 30 minutes or so. Was called in for another on-site interview with manager of the hiring manger and the HR. Had a wonderful experience interviewing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACCO Brands in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. They asked about some general interview questions and about the portfolio. It was pretty casual and people were nice. Interviewers helped me to talk comfortably.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied and was emailed for a phone interview within a few days. After phone interview, went into the office for a 1.5 hour interview, 3 half hour segments with different people.

Interview Questions

• There were very few "generic interview questions" and more specific questions from my resume and cover letter.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I originally heard about ACCO at their job fair at NIU. The representative that talked to me was an accountant, like myself, who had recently graduated from NIU. I gave him my resume and shortly after I recieved an email from ACCO wanting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a couple days after the email and then they decided to set up an on-site interview. I walked into 3 interviewers. They were all very nice and kind and had thoughtful questions. They really focused on my past experience with accounting, any specific projects that I had, and how I handle a leadership role/conflict. Their questions were very standard. Nothing out of the box.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a conflict and how did you handle that?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. This led to in-person interviews with the hiring manager, the hiring VP, two product managers and a senior director in another group. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. Each person came in with specific questions for me to answer with specific examples and a few minutes at the end for me to ask them questions. They were very prompt with each interview ending when the next person walked into the room right on time. The last interview went a bit longer because there was no one waiting to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions centered around accomplishments listed on my resume. They asked about specific examples to understand the details better and how I might approach situations specific to the job. One question centered around how I might handle approaching a major presentation without all the information I might need at that meeting.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. First a phone interview, then they followed up that they wanted an in-office interview. 3 people interview you at once. Ask basic and general questions off your resume and about the position/company.

Interview Questions

• In a group setting, what position do you typically take?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

two interviews. First with 2 team members, Second with VP. Team member interview asked general questions and had me perform sequel statement test. Interview with VP was very casual and just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Experience, work history, specific sequel knowledge   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Sidney, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick, with good communication and follow up about the next steps in the process and what was expected of me. They were prompt in their responses back to me and where more then willing to answer my questions from the big to the small. They were able to amply explain what was expected of me and what I needed to do next in the interview process. They were also very accomodating to my times needs when it came to the interview process and were more then willing to work with me, and that was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• To name some of my strengths   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial HR phone screen about 3 weeks after I applied for the position. About 1 week later, had three 45 minute interviews with cross-functional team members and hiring manager. 2 weeks after that, other three 45 minute interviews with 2 VP's and director. I received and accepted an offer within 1 week of that. So about 1 month from 1st interview to an offer. A little less than 2 months from application to offer.

Interview process was very professional. Great communication and follow-up from Acco. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How I handled a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was fair. We had established expectations during the HR phone screen. Negotiations were handled quickly, within 24 hours of offer.