ACGT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ACGT Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at ACGT

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACGT (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

Saw the ad posting in June, emailed my info and was contacted shortly. The interview was bizarre, in my opinion. I was asked a lot of questions about my research experience, which makes sense, but the employee interviewing me asked questions in a strange way. To answer their question, I would explain what I had done in the past in my lab/work, and they often would respond with follow ups that gave me the impression that I had answered the question incorrectly, which does not really make sense since I was detailing my past experience. I was asked things like "how was this experiment set up" and when I would describe it, they would respond with something like "so you didn't do it ____ way?" and I would say no, since I had not in my past experience, and they seemed disappointed with my answer. They also kept emphasizing that there was occasional Saturday work, an excessive amount of times. They seemed very disorganized and did not or could not explain to me what they typically do on a day to day basis, what their company's goals are, how they could see their company improving and how I could help their company improve. Overall the interview was very awkward. It was mostly one of the sequencing/lab managers asking me questions while the HR rep or whoever he was basically fell asleep. I never heard from them again after and saw that they have since reposted the job. I didn't contact them either because I had interviewed at another place and ended up taking that job.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you done PCR?   1 Answer

Bioinformatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACGT (Wheeling, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

There will be 2 or 3 step process. An programming test, phone interview and on site interview. Programming test base on python or perl coding. For on site interview, there need to prepare a presentation. The process take around one hour. Most of the questions are about NGS .There will be 2 or 3 step process. An programming test, phone interview and on site interview. Programming test base on python or perl coding.

Interview Questions

• About your experience and technique questions about biotechnology   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ACGT (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

Fair and friendly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-existant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACGT (Wheeling, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I e-mailed the craigslist ad and I got a response. I interviewed a few weeks later. During the interview, we went over my resume. Then one of the managers came late and was very hostile to me during the questioning. I was very confused why and still don't understand. There were about 4 people asking me questions.

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACGT (Wheeling, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Few technical questions but most of the questions are pretty straightforward. They are looking for the positive attitude towards your work. Its group interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the services you have to offer to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flexible