ADS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADS Interview Questions

Interviews at ADS

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

Started with an email to set up a phone interview. After that, there were 2 phone interviews. This was followed by an in person interview. After that, I heard back from the recruiter about 2 weeks or so later.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADS.

Interview

I had a phone interview then the next day i met with 4 women at a second interview and each of them asked me questions. It took about an hour. I heard back a week after the in person interview that I didn't receive the position. They do not give feedback as to why you don't receive the position.

ASM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADS.

Interview

Great interview, easy to coordinate with them and get set up. They asked good questions and were very informative to the point where I almost didn’t need to ask follow up questions (I did of course).

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADS (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

I just interviewed for the position a few days ago, and have not heard back yet. I had a very positive interview experience though, so I wanted to write about it in advance. A recruiter reached out to me through email and scheduled a quick phone call. It was very laid back, and was mostly describing the job to me. She set me up with an in person interview for later that week. The in person interview was at their headquarters with 3 of the team leads in the sales department. I have interviewed for several jobs in the last few weeks, and this was easily my favorite. All three interviewers were very nice and laid back, asking questions about my skills and personality. All three were quick to smile, and made me feel very comfortable talking about everything. When asked about why they like ADS, all three were very passionate about the company which was great to hear as well. I got the impression that personality makes a bigger difference than experience for this role, which for a sales position is defintely not a bad thing. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes for me, and I feel we did a good job describing the overall job as well as evaluating me. I believe there is only one in person interview, so I will be waiting to get an answer sometime soon probably. Regardless of if I get an offer, I will still have a very positive outlook on the company, and would recommend them to anyone else looking for a job.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ADS (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Started with applying to online job advertisement on company website. Received an email same day(closed day I applied) to perform an excel sheet exercise. They wanted you to have fun with it and I created some fun names and items for the cells. Emailed the excel file back within 2 hours (deadline was Tuesday, I sent it in on Friday). I received a very enthusiastic call from the Manager of the online ordering department. The data entry job was to update customer products on the live database and answer calls from customers needed account support.
    I returned her call the same day, was told to call back the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and consisted of job description and scheduling the in-person interview for 10 days away. She explained that she was very busy and was rushing out of town and really needed someone to fill this position.
    Needless to say, I was very excited and was ready for a starting career with this ADS, Inc. I should up 15 minutes early. I followed the instructions to the correct wing of the building and called from outside the keypad-ed door to gain entry. The Manager did not answer her phone, so I left a message. Because I was ready for an interview my ringer was off and I did not receive her immediate call back. She texted me. "Didn't HR call you?" Ummmm....NO! I called she answered. She explained to me that they decided to fill the position from within and that they had another position in mind for me. I asked if I could speak to HR since I was there and dressed for the occasion. I was told no. That I could expect a call in two weeks after the September government contracts spent their budgets. I emailed the HR person that day as a courtesy contact.
    When the fated week, Oct. 4th roled around I gave it a couple days. I emailed HR and got a return reply that simply said, " I have no idea what position you are referring to. All our jobs are posted on our website. You can apply to them through there." My jaw dropped. Are you serious? So I texted the Manager again a week later to let her know what happened. She said she was sorry and would get to the bottom of this and let me know. She never let me know.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ADS (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Great company. Would have loved to work for them. Best corporate environment I have encountered in my job search. Initially received a telephone interview from HR an Hiring Manager. I was then flown from CA to VA for in depth interviews with 7 personnel in the company over 2 days. They told me they had to interview 2-3 others and would notify my of the decision. I was a close second to the overall chosen candidate. There were no recommendations of how I could improve. I kept the door open and so did they for future employment. Great people, outstanding travel and accommodations and work culture appeared to be fun, professional with tons of talent throughout the organization. I wish them all the best.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADS (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Quick phone interview, 1:1 and then with a group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very limited negotiations.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADS (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

After completing an online application, I was contacted for an in person interview. A panel of interviewers from each region was present. Professional and timely. All interviewers were friendly and prepared with questions applicable to the position and myself as a candidate. Although they did not extend an offer, my applying was a shot in the dark. After the interview, I learned a general consensus about ADS employment is that by and large considered a "boys club". all about who you know.

where is it not?

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADS.

Interview

The interview process was with management team, in their office. The questions they asked inquired about my background, my experience, tools I had used, my understanding about security and alarm systems and technology.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADS (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

Straight forward. Normal questions and experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They offered a fair package and I accepted.